Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #31  

Festivus,

A friend loaned me some of the Turbo Fire workouts to try out. To be honest, I found the HIIT 30 easier to do than the HIIT 15 because the breaks in HIIT 15 are so short! You may want to try one of the longer HIIT workouts first (but it's totally up to you

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #32  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

For me, it was actually the opposite. Turbo Fire is a bit less dance-y and that makes it much easier for me to follow (I'm choreography-challenged!). I tried Turbo Jam a few times and would always end up frustrated because I would get lost. I haven't had that problem with TF. And I really like that it has the "new to class" option where you can view the program with the slower break-down added in between segments. Once you've "got it", you can use the regular version without having to mess with the slow stuff. I thought that was really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlthgrl View Post
I'm interested in this but am wondering if I should start with Turbo Jam first. I am not overly coordinated and think it might be best to learn the moves from TJ first. Any thoughts on this?
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Thanks for the unput. I think I'll be adding TF to my Beachbody collection
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #34  

Hlthgrl - thanks for asking that question, I was just wondering that same thing yesterday.

BluCypressLily - thanks for the answer
YWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #35  

Does it burn more calories than Insanity? I can't imagine that it would.

I am still struggling with Insanity and I have Turbo Jam and CXT that I am not even doing right now.
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Not sure, having never tried insanity, but a 45 minute workout I burned 515 calories. And I wasn't dying, either.
festivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #37  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

I don't have any specific numbers on calorie burn, but I think they could be pretty comparable. Turbo Fire also has a lot of plyometric moves in it, plus the constant punches get your upper body involved, which increases both heart rate and caloric burn.
I like both Insanity and Turbo Fire for different reasons--I love the sports drill feel of Insanity because it's easy for me to follow: I don't have to worry about remembering the next move and you do each move long enough to get comfortable with it but not so long that you can't keep going. Conversely, Turbo Fire switches between moves very quickly and the pace is rapid. Yet, even though it's choreographed, I haven't had a problem with getting lost.
I feel equally worked over doing both Insanity and Turbo Fire--my heart rate gets just as high in each, I sweat just as much and my legs are just as shaky at the end. The main difference for me is in where I feel it: Insanity, much more in the legs from all the plyo, and TF a lot in the arms from the punches, core from the rotation on doing so many punches, less so in the legs, but my kicks aren't as high at the end of a workout, that's for sure.
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #38  

Turbo Fire is just awesome.

I started today and I've done Turbo Jam and ChaLEAN Extreme. I did Fire 30 today and it kicked my butt! I was really tired and it is much more intense than Turbo Jam.

I know that I'll get better along time and I hope that I'll finish the 90 days with much better shape and a nice body.

I did try Insanity, but I don't know.. I liked Shaun T but Chalene just gets to me. She motivates me and keeps me focused.

Anyway, Turbo Fire is just awesome and I hope you girls that are still in doubt give it a try.

I'll keep coming back and keep you posted on the progress and the results.
MJKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I want Turbo Fire so bad! We used to have Turbo Kick at my gym, but they phased it out since we have Body Combat now. Body Combat is fun, but I miss Turbo!
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #40  

I had to "restart" Turbo Fire due to a muscle injury. Fire 55 is so intense! You really have to want it if you wanna finish this program, cause it is hard, very hard.

I keep thinking to myself: "If I was able to finish CLX, I'll be able to commit to this too.". It's like my mantra.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I started my TurboFire rotation on July 1 and have loved every minute of it!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #42  

I am loving TurboFire. I neved doubted that, I just love more each day. For now, I think Fire45 is the BEST one so far.. it has the moves and the best Turbo in my opinion.

Sooooo worth sticking to!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 145/136.5/124

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! I'm back

I was going to the gym for about a month and doing cardio circuit and interval training without videos for a while.

I just tried my first TF video the HIIT 15 one yesterday because I had things to do after work and just didn't want to put 40 minutes into Insanity. It was pretty good. I wasn't dripping sweat as crazy as I do after Insanity, but I was definitely getting an awesome cardio workout! I did some weight training with my free weights after just to get that extra BURN though

So everyone who has been doing TF for a while, are you seeing great results? I am going on a cruise to Hawaii with my hubs at the end of November so I am kicking my workouts into overdrive so I can have an amazing body by then.

I gained a bit from our move from VA back to CA and bad eating habits that took a while to overcome, but I am back on track and have lost about 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I I have 16 more lbs to meet my goal weight.

Can't wait to chat it up on here again!

Last edited by Denise24; 08-25-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Denise24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #44  

Hey Denise24! I'm wrapping up week 2 and I feel pretty good about it. On the HIIT 15 I don't sweat as much as Insanity, but on the Fire 45 and Fire 55... OMG! Well, I love it. If you know and like Turbo Jam, you'll love Turbo Fire.

I'm waiting for week 4 so I can get back on the scale.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

all your posts convinced me.. I ordered TF today. I like the cardio in CLX and for some reason Chalene gets me looking forward to working out. this should help get/keep me moving more and help get me prepped for Insanity (I like Shaun T and find him motivating also, but not enough to keep me going when I'm out of breath and light headed 15 minutes into the workout!). Can't wait for it to get here!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote