Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for a new strength training/toning routine...

Hello all! Well, I'm officially bored to tears with my current ST'ing routine and I'm looking to shake things up!

I would love to hear what your favorite DVDs are that are geared towards toning and strength training. I've seen infomercials on programs like P90X and Insanity--but they're a bit out of my price range.

Still, if one of those is a fave of yours, let me know! Perhaps it'll have to be one of those things I save my pennies for!

Thanks in advance for your input!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones is good..tough but good. To date, it is the only workout that has made me cry
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #3  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

The p90X is available for sale online for $36 or so. It is the international version but it is the same as the one sold via infomercial
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

http://www.shopcathe.com/workout_dvd_s/1.htm

I have really enjoyed working out with Cathe, she is very knowlagable about form, has a pleasent personality, and has a lot of workouts! They are a little more expensive than normal workouts but she adds 'premixes' and 'mix and match' options using DVD tecnnology which others are just starting to do. I just recently finished her latest workout set STS which was a bit pricey, but very good if you want to get that involved. I would suggest either her Gym Styles three day split or her 4 Day Split two disc set which also includes 30 min of cardio per day. When I started with Cathe I was using 2 and 5's dumbbells, so although some of the exercises seem more advanced her workouts usually translate well to the less advanced as I was then. Note the clips and breakdowns on the website!

If you have Direct TV their channel Fit TV shows some of her older workouts under the title "Cardio Blast" although she has a variety of workouts including weights HTH
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I like Gilad's Quick Fit dvds. They are 20 minutes segments for different body parts.

He also has the Express Workout dvds that are 10 minute segments per body part.

I also like Jari Love's Slim and Lean. It's an hour long, but it's chaptered well so that you can skip around if you want to.
Go to collagevideo.com and you can watch clips.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

I do Wii Active mostly but in the past I've enjoyed the New York City Ballet workout for toning. And Callanetics, it's more of a yoga/pilates/ballet type of toning. I guess neither of them are really strength training in the building muscle sense.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow! So many great suggestions! Thanks so much!!!!

Borntobefine~ I saw some of the P90X on ebay for that price, I was a little leary of it--where did you find it for that price?

ddc~ I've seen those dvds on Netflix--I'll have to put them in my que!

Thank you so much for all the replies ladies! Have a great day!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/241/160

Height: 5'11

I've heard very, very good things about Exhale: Body Fusion videos. I hope to get two of them when I get my Amazon gift card.

http://www.amazon.com/Exhale-Core-Fu...1082180&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Exhale-Core-Fu...1082180&sr=8-3
Phantom Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote