Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hey Everyone!!

I joined a local gym earlier this week, so I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate both the gym and Leslie's videos together for my work out. It's a work in progress.

Nov 21st: 1.63 mile on the treadmill
Nov 22nd: 2.73 miles on the treadmill; 3 mile WATP DVD

I hope everyone one is having a great weekend!
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread. Been around 3FC since early Sept and my workouts started out at 10 minutes on my exercise bike. Slowly I've been adding minutes to the bike (did 90 min session yesterday for the first time!!!) and then added Leslie's WATP for variety and cross training.

I started with the 1 mile, "Get up and Get Started" workout and for the longest time I could only do 10 minutes. Somewhere at the end of October I was able to finish the 1 mile workout (yay me!) and then slowly graduated to being able to do 20 minutes of the 30-min 2-mile "High Calorie Burn" workout.

Well, yesterday I discovered this thread and decided that I would do all 30 minutes of the 2-mile workout today - no matter what!!! And, here I am! I did it! I modified a bit, taking out the arms when they felt like they were going to fall off, and i didn't use the weights but I finished the whole 30 minutes. I am very proud of myself.

I'll be back to update you on my WATP's progress. I LOVE it that this thread exists!!! :-)

I LOVE Leslie's videos because I weigh about 350 pounds and the workouts are low-impact yet entertaining, plus I get my heart-rate going every time.

Last edited by NuevaVida; 11-23-2008 at 04:10 PM.
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Yay for the gym Zeta! How are you liking it? I really want to join the YMCA just for the sauna. I would go everyday I think. LOL Did you get a good price on your membership?

Welcome Mimi, I live in San Mateo!

I'm back from my trip so now I can keep better track of this thread.
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #34  

Hey everyone!

This is just a quick post before I run off to school. I got in a 3 mile walk with Leslie this morning! I plan on hitting the gym later this evening to lift weights -- it's leg day -- and to get in probably another 2 miles on the treadmill or something.

Kamesennin -- I really like my new gym. The joining fee was only $25 for students, so it doesn't get much better than that. After Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to take some of their classes. They've got a Turbo Kick class, as well as one called Combust IT! which includes weight lifting. I'm intrigued by it.

Motivation isn't as high as it could be today -it's raining today

Have a great day everyone!!!

P.S. Welcome to the thread, NuevaVida!!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #35  

Hey ev1,

I fell off the wagon,,,but thought i`d slip back in here and report that yestrday i did the 1 mile walk and today i did the 2 mile walk!! Hoping to complete all five days this week
Jayme31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang

i have majorily fell off the wagon but i'll get back on. my cold is finally letting up and i'm starting to feel better. the good news is that i haven't been eating so that's good ;-)

Zeta - CONGRATS on joining the gym!

WELCOME MIMI - it's great to have you here with us! CONGRATS on doing the whole 30 minutes!!!!

Hey Liane - how was your trip?

Hey Jayme - it sounds like you've jumped right back on that wagon! GOOD FOR YOU GIRL! I'll be right back up there with you shorly!

hope everybody has a great and happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #37  

2 mile video done today!! I`m on a roll,,, i love these videos,, such a great workout and not hard to do at all!! I find the 2mile challenging but i was finding the 1mile quite easy,, so i guess i am right where i need to be!!

Cathy:Hope you are feeling better soon..waiting for you to join me!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang

I'm trying to jump back on the wagon so I got up at 5:00 this morning and did 2 miles. I used the Heart Healthy Walk dvd.

I have to say that I feel much better this morning since I walked 2 miles. It makes a difference in my frame of mind and my energy and it also makes a difference in what I put in my mouth for the day. So I'm feeling GOOD this morning

I just ordered Leslie's new 5 mile Fat Burning Walk dvd from amazon for 9.99. It is 5 - 12 minute miles. It should be good! anybody else order it?

how is everybody doing?
hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 12-02-2008 at 11:22 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #39  

I did the 2mile as well today,,,, i feel the same way on the days i do the videos,, i keep myself on track better,.

I have the 5mile here but i have never tried it,, so far i am only able to do the 1 & 2 mile walks..

let me know how it goes when you get it
Old 12-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #40  

Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA on the forums lately-- Thanksgiving got me! LOL. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't gain any really over the holiday (.4 lbs -- which is probably water issues, from the plane ride and spending all day in the airport sunday).

I did walk 2 miles with Leslie yesterday evening, but none today. I'm trying to get into this Arc Glider machine they've got at the gym. It's kinda like an elliptical, but your legs swing (think Gazelle-esque). I did 20 minutes on that today -- that's up from the 5-10mins that I've lasted in the past. I'm trying to work my way up to 30 minutes.

Cathy -- let me know what you think of the new 5 mile video, I'm thinking about purchasing it!

Have a fabulous Wednesday ladies!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

I did 1 mile today, and then a 30 min cardio hula dvd so that was pretty good for one day.

I have the 5 mile advanced walk and I like it because each mile just starts right up with a brisk pace. I don't really need to go so slow at the beginning like I did when I first started. Everyone's feet are off in the dvd which is kind of annoying but I guess it's ok.

Zeta, I think I tried this machine you are talking about. Can you adjust your stride with it depending on how hard you swing your legs? If we are talking about the same one, that thing is so cool! I got such a good workout in a very short period of time. Did you sign up for a class yet?
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #42  

Hey Everyone,

I completed the 4 mile Super Challenge today. I haven't done it in awhile and I could really tell. I was tired by the middle of the 2nd mile! I've been keeping up with my gym this week as well. I put in 2.10 miles (20 min) on the elliptical tonight before lifting weights (leg night!).

Liane -- I haven't had the chance to catch a class with my school schedule yet, but I'm going to try to see if I can get into yoga tomorrow night.

Hope everyone had a productive day!