Old 07-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #46  
Jmeezay

Just finished TurboSculpt for the first time and I have even MORE respect for you, Tinky. I wanted to beat Chalene's butt at the end of that workout! *lol* But I got through it so yay.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #47  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

LOL Jmeezay, oh let me tell you, the first time I did the Turbo Sculpt I was about ready to just throw my weight at the t.v.! LOL! Thank you though, I'm just trying to be persistent with it! I'm ready to do this and finish it! Keep it up though you will do fine, pretty soon you'll be lookin all sculpted. (turbo style that is) LOL Ok gotta stop quoting the dvd. The funny thing is I'm about to do the 20 min work out and the Sculpting. Have a great one!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #48  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi la la la la ladies! May I join you? I've been doing TJ for over a year now, but fell off the wagon over the holidays. I've been back at it for 2 1/2 weeks now and am definitely workin' it! I've lost 3.5 pounds already! I lost weight with TJ and Kathy Smith's Project:You. I started with Kathy and jumped on the Turbo train after that. I've been a beachbody member since Jan. 05. I lost 32 lbs from my starting date but I gained 10-15 back so I'm trying to get back down again, using both TJ and Kathy. I like to mix up my workouts, especially because I think Kathy Smith has much better toning with weights and circuit training than TJ does but I just can't get enough of Charlene!!! She get's me pumped! I love her and the music! I have all of the TJ DVDs except the newest one with the exercise ball. I'm not into that ball stuff!! lol.

Anyway, I could use some motivation as well. I'm active on one thread on the BB message boards and I WOWY everytime I exercise. Anyone here do the same? If you're interested in other workouts and can't decide which to get, I'd be happy to give you my reviews as well. I love them all but have a few faves. It's nice to meet fellow turbo freaks!! Howdie!
feelingroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:10 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

feelinggroovy
WELCOME
Sounds like everyone is doing great. I finally had my last house guest leave and my hubby is returning home tonight. Maybe my life can become normal again, and I can get down a reg. routine withTJ.
Talk with ya later.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:11 AM   #50  
Want to be thin!

Thank you Heather. Yes, it's hard to get a routine going when so much is going on in your life. Guests definitely put a halt to working out!! Hopefully you can now get some kind of schedule going. Welcome home dh.

I almost skipped working out today because we had a computer guy here replacing our hard drive (ouch, yes our computer crashed). And yup, a guest. lol. He was here all day!! I was getting so irritated as the hours passed. Finally he left at 5:00 and I thought, eh, it's too late, gotta start dinner. But I didn't workout yesterday and knew I had to get my butt off that couch if I want to see any kind of results. So I did it. I'm so glad I did! Tonight, I looked at the TJ gallery before and after photos. How motivating!! If you're ever in a slump and want to throw in the towel......go there! What inspiration! It really helps me keep that focus as to why I want to lose weight and why I make myself push play everyday. The results are so worth the sweat and healthy choices!

Today I did Cardio Party 2. I really like this one. Really felt those abs at work! Worked up a good sweat and pushed myself.

Hope all are well.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #51  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I have never heard of Kathy Smith...where are her workouts available??

I haven't being doing to many TJ workouts lately, because the weather has been so beautiful here that I have been outside so much.
I did do Turbo Sculpt yesterday, and I really need to get on a regular schedual with that.
How many times a week would anyone recommend?? I was thinking 3 times a week??
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #52  
Back to make it to goal!

Hello Jammers!

Groovy- So glad you can join us!!

Dea- I usually do the Turbo Sculpt 3 times a week. Gotta let the muscles heal a bit a in between.

Ugh, I don't know what I'm going to do, my friend who let me have her Turbo Jam decided that she wants to give it another go, since I've been keeping at it and getting pretty successful, so now I'm stuck waiting for my own copy to arrive. Oh well, I can always go on my Elliptical or dance! LOL Oh yeah,This time I also got the gloves! I want to see if I can get Maximum Results. I'll keep ya posted!

Good Night!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #53  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

I was thinking of 3 times a week aswell.
That's my goal for this week...I want to check my measurements at the end of the month, so I want to get some really good workouts in this week.

Welcome Groovy!!
Dea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #54  
Want to be thin!

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Dea, you can google Kathy Smith and see that she has many videos. She's an aerobics instructor. My favorite is very old from the late 80s called Fat Burning Workout. I still use it!! It's only on VHS tho. You can find a copy on eBay. You will not be disappointed! If you go to beachbody (which has now changed their name to milliondollarbody.com, where TJ is featured as one of the programs) she has a program called Project:You. It's her latest and is very good. I lost 30 lbs with it after the birth of my second child.

Tinky, that sucks about your friend wanting the DVDs back. I hope your workouts come soon. Walking around a track is good exercise too. I did it with my dh and kids on Sunday and was surprised how fast time went by. My kids rode their bikes and we walked. The gloves are awesome! I wear mine for EVERY workout! I feel naked w/o them when I don't.

Since July 1st, I've now lost 5 pounds and 4.75 inches. I did Booty Sculpt and Abs yesterday and found it challenging. Ughh! Today is going to be something fun and rocking! lol

Have a great day everyone and thanks for having me!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Hi everyone! I would like to join in as well. I had read posts for awhile and have struggled finding a video I LIKE to do. I started TJ Sunday morning, with the Learn and Burn. Monday, L&B; Tuesday I was sick as a dog with a sinus infection, but I dragged my butt out of bed today and did the 20 min workout. I really am having fun with them. So, can I join you guys for support and encouragement- believe me there are many days I need it?!
EEversmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Hello fellow jammers! Well today was one of those days I really had to debate whether I wanted to exercise or wanted to sleep in. I finally got my butt up and moving and as usual, feel better that I did it. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! :-) Have a great day!

Last edited by EEversmann; 07-26-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: more space
EEversmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi all
I am back. It has been really hectic in my househole. I know it is not an excuse but it is all I got. I have just started doing the 6 WBMO program and trying to get it down. I plan on doing some TJ tomorrow. I am so glad to see this thread still going.
Heather
heath13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #58  
Back to make it to goal!

Wooohoooo, my Turbo Jam has arrived, and I'm ready to jump back in!
I have been doing the Elliptical machine for the last week or so. But that was pretty cool too! So I'm going to do it in a few!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #59  
Want to be thin!

Welcome back Heather! It's time to party! lol.

Welcome EEversmann. I'm glad you like the workouts! I know how difficult it is to get motivated. Once you commit and stay consistent, it gets a lot easier. Good for you for taking that first step.

Tinky, I'm so glad your TJ arrived! Pump it....pump it! Haha.

Dea, how's the exercising going? I too, am taking my measurements at the end of the month. I've been on a July challenge thread on beachbody and we weigh-in soon.

I'm going on vacation mid August for two weeks and don't know how much TJ I'll get in. We'll be at the beach in a condo and the walls are thin. D'oh! Last year I took all my videos and didn't workout one day! Ooops.

Today I did TJ 20 min. and 3T. I liked 3T and was surprised. I had forgotten the workout cause it's been on the shelf. I'll have to pull it out more. It's better with weighted gloves and if you have ankle weights, even better!

Have a great weekend all. KPP!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #60  
Back to make it to goal!

Hey girls!! Well I've been working out to Turbo Jam...I got the gloves too, and yes it does make a difference. I'm sore afterwards but it's all good! How are you all doing?