Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #31  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Michelle, the treat you have planned for your sister tomorrow sounds nice. I hope it give her a good "pick-me-up". She's lucky to have you.

I walked with DS2 and the doggies around the 1.5 mile block. It's gorgeous out so it was a nice adventure.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #32  
Dieting Diva

I did the 5 mile advanced this morning. I am heading towards my Moms today so I wiped it early.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #33  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! We were away camping this weekend and I didn't work out at ALL on Saturday or Sunday (though I DID get lots of casual walking while shopping on Saturday!). I got back into it this morning with the 2 mile Walk Slim. This week is a ZOO, so I'll probably have to do shorter walk sessions, but I'll do them!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #34  
Dare to DREAM!

S/C/G: 282/279/130

I have not been walking (shame on me, I know) but i want to get back to it tonight so I'll atleast do the 1 mile after work. Have a good evening~
irisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
Hubby and I returned yesterday afternoon from Orlando had a great time did alot of walking but also did alot of eatting too I didnt want to get on the scale but I did and it was good weight was the same as I left so that was good I need to change things my weight wont move its been staying the same so i am going to try and walk more at the track at least I havet gainned any back so that is good I guess
This morning I have the washer going and later on I have to go food shopping Ill be going to the track later going to try and do 3 miles there
the weather here is getting hotter and we finally had some much needed rain on Sunday
Hope you all have a great day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #36  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Yesterday ended up being a very frustrating day! When my sister went to check in for her hair appointment, the girl said "oh Wendy has the day off, you were scheduled with Angie" and my sister proceeded to tell her that she heard me make her appointment and it was with Wendy who does mine and my daughter's hair. The girl said NO and argued so Wendy is to call me today and I will be explaining how rude the young girl at the counter was and she's the one that originally made the appointment when I called to schedule it and she repeated it to me two times and both times said it was with Wendy. I think they just changed my sister to a different lady since she had never been there and they didn't recognize her name and thought that she would never know the difference, but no, that's not gonna work with me and Wendy is to be calling me today when she gets in. If I don't hear from her then I will be calling her, because this was horrible customer service! We have been going there for over four years and never had a problem before.

This morning I did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights; yesterday I didn't get exercise in, because we were on the go again almost all day.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #37  
Can't Doesn't Exist

S/C/G: 285/270/175

Height: 5'8"

I hope you guys don't mind me joining in here!

I've been on my weight-loss journey for about a month now, and WATP has really been my saving grace on many days. When I work really really hard and then a midday craving hits, I can tell myself "No, you busted butt this morning, don't screw it up now."

I've found that what works best for me is doing 1/2 mile chunks at a time. My body seems to like this better, and I had knee surgery a while back (yep, knee surgery at 18) and I'm still trying to gain some strength back. Sorry for being so longwinded, I just got excited I guess!
Astrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #38  

Astrae ~~ This group is wonderful and supportive, and so glad you've joined us! Great job on your weightloss so far!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #39  
Can't Doesn't Exist

I did a half mile this afternoon, and I JUST now finished with my first full mile! I was just planning on another half mile, but I was feeling strong so I decided to push through it and before I knew it, I had done it!

I know I know, it's just a mile, but for someone who is normally winded after a flight of stairs, this is a big accomplishment.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrae View Post
I did a half mile this afternoon, and I JUST now finished with my first full mile! I was just planning on another half mile, but I was feeling strong so I decided to push through it and before I knew it, I had done it!

I know I know, it's just a mile, but for someone who is normally winded after a flight of stairs, this is a big accomplishment.
I'm SO happy for you! When I first started out, I could only get half way through for a little while. It takes time to build up your stamina and you're doing great!

Tonight I did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights again.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #41  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome Astrae. That is a huge accomplishment. I'd say 99% of us here understand those first milestones. It's amazing. Because of WATP I can now do real jogging - something I could never do - even in junior high many many moons ago. Who would have guessed. Every milestone is a great reward.

Michelle I hope Wendy called and gives your poor sister (who needed the uplift) a free style. And the counter girl should be fired. Just my humble opinion.

Okay, I did the 1.4 mile treadmill (I'm upping the pace and the incline a little every few days) and the .6 jogging (upped that pace too). I hope that even though I'm rarely doing WATP anymore that I'm still allowed to post in fitness videos. I was thinking of doing a quickie WATP so I'd still be posting at the rght site. But I didn't and decided that you're all my friends so I'll just do the workouts that give me the best workout. Long way to put I just like all of you chickies. And I love and respect what WATP has done for me.

Okay, that's enough for now.
Marie
Old 05-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #42  

MARIE...Wendy did call me back today and had me explain everything to her and she was talking to the owner when we got off the phone regarding the rude younger girls. She did reschedule my sister, but nothing is free there. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:45 AM   #43  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hello all, I did 2 Miles Monday and 1 mile Tuesday with Pilates.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #44  
Can't Doesn't Exist

So far today I've just done a half mile. I'm trying not to push TOO hard since my legs are fairly sore today. I plan on getting at least another half mile in today, if not more.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #45  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I walked 1.4 and jogged .6 miles on the treadmill this morning. Just now I walked to the store for a humungous caffeine free diet pepsi. So that's another .5 miles. It's gorgeous out and I wanted to get out of my office. Now I'm at 3FC - I guess I don't want to work.
Marie