Old 04-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Did the 4 mile walk slim and pulled out an oldie - the 4 mile fat burning 80's flashback
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:47 AM   #17  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Quick question for you all. What methods are you all using to track your miles other than just how much you do no the videos. I've lost 20 so far with leslie, but I try and get outside when it's nice.
I'd love to join in with you guys to keep myself motivated.
Thanks for the help.
Lovemacon
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #18  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

lovemacon, I wrote a database that I put all my calories and exercise in if you meant overall tracking. On a daily basis, I use Leslie's mileage but I'm starting to believe it's not right. On outside and tradmill, I use the odometer on the car to track it out and the treadmill the little computer.

So I admitted it out loud. I do not believe that Leslie's 4 miles is really 4 miles. Perhaps the number of steps on a pedometer but since the striding of walking outside is not there I think it's wrong. I've thought so for a while but didn't want to admit it. Since I have no problem jogging 2 miles with Leslie but get breathing hard and sweaty by doing .5 miles on the treadmill at what should calculate at a slower pace but clearly isn't, I'm going to admit the truth. Oh well, I do still love Leslie's workouts and I owe her so much for giving me a physically fit body.

So on to today's report. I did 2.5 WATP miles walking and 1 WATP jogging mile. I then did the .5 mile jogging on the treadmill. I'm hoping that the .5 treadmill real jogging will kickstart my weight loss. I plan to add .1 mile each week so by May I'll be doing 1 mile real jogging. Who would have ever thought I'd be able to do that. I have Leslie to thank for that.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #19  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning! But, I reminded myself that since it's hubby's birthday, the evening will be full. So I did the 1 mile Abs workout. Not much, but at least I did it!

Have a great day!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #20  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LOVEMACON!!! These ladies are so wonderful & very supportive!!

So great to see you back TAMMY!!

This morning I did the 1 mile get up and get started. I'm going to add the 2 pound weights to it tomorrow.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #21  
Dieting Diva

Hey Macon ! Please come on down !
I use Fitday. I record it every day and then can query it for the month. I did have it in Outlook when I started, but once I figured out Fitday I stopped keeping that.
I just love this !
Quote:
So I admitted it out loud. I do not believe that Leslie's 4 miles is really 4 miles. Perhaps the number of steps on a pedometer but since the striding of walking outside is not there I think it's wrong. I've thought so for a while but didn't want to admit it.
yep ! I am with you- but who cares ? I'm with you ! I have thighs that are getting really smaller from that " side together, side together". No more back spasms in the middle of the night and I have really good flexibility in my shoulders ( which wasn't there at the end of Janaury).
I want to jog- but who knows what I will run into out of the roads ( at the worse skunk, coyote or a small herd of steers). When it 105 degrees I think Leslie will be just fine with me.
I had 12 yards of gravel delivered this morning so I ended up working some on the pile this morning. I did the five mile advanced this afternoon- but laid off the upper body stuff as I think I did enough of that in the morning.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
Welcome lovemacon I just go by what is on the dvd I think she counts her miles as 15 min. for each mile but I could be wrong on that it takes me a little long when I walk a mile I just have a notebook that I keep track of what I do each day then I add up my total at the end of each week and try to do better the next week I can take this notebook along with me to my doctors visits too

yesterday I did the 3 and 4 mile walk slim plus 2 miles at the school track
today ive done the 4 mile walk slim stopped to load up the dishwasher and put some clothes in the washer then ill be set to do the 3 mile walk slim
hope you all have a great day
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #23  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I did 4 miles WATP and .5 miles real jogging. The treadmill is starting to make weird squeak noises occasionally - DH heard them this morning and said he had no idea. I did mention yesterday that I like it and plan to buy my own (since I'm using my son's) and I don't be cheap... Perhaps sooner than later if the squeaks doesn't stop. Food was right on yesterday too.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #24  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the input. I think I will begin posting this week. I checked my videos out from the library becasue i accidently taped over my old tapes. SOOO I am thinking of ordering the walk slim ones you all rave about. Are they faster paced than the abs workouts. Sorry for all of the questions. I am one of those people that asks like fifty million questions before purchasing.
lovemacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #25  

This morning I did the 1 mile get up and get started and added the 2 pound soft weights so that made a difference, because the 1 mile is finally starting to get a little easier for me.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #26  
Dieting Diva

Good for you Michelle ! Sounds like you are moving right along !
I drooled at over a treadmill at Sam's the other day.I don't have the room for one nor the cash. I would have to get some sort of weight set before I got a treadmill( unless I could get DH to do it). My son plays football and the weight stuff is his real intrest. I would be the only one who would use the treadmill, but DS13 and I could use the weight bench.
Still someday DD21 will move out( taking furniture and clearing a room). I can always dream.
I did the three mile with handweights in the morning and three mile with strechie band in the afternoon. I tried 30 minutes of " The Firm's" pilates which was a weight training section.I am going to give it another try as it has really good form for upper body stuff.But it also has dance like pilates routines inbetween sessions.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:52 PM   #27  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Well, after a long weekend in the Amador wine country and doing some serious damage to my efforts, I did 2.5 miles with the belt yesterday.

I hope to go home today and do 3 full miles with either the weights or belt.

I, too, have been wondering how she measured the miles.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #28  

Tonight I had more energy so I did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights again.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #29  

This morning I did the 1 mile get up and get started again with the 2 pound weights. Today it's beautiful and supposed to get up to 70F and 75F tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #30  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermomto3 View Post
Did the 4 mile walk slim and pulled out an oldie - the 4 mile fat burning 80's flashback
Is that a WATP one as well? I've only seen her 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile and 4/5 mile advanced. Where do I find some of these others?

This morning I made my old bones get up and do the 2 mile express.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote