Old 02-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #1  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone complained to PUSH about cardio?

Hi all,
I just joined the forum here. I'm glad I found you I just rec'd my month 3 PUSH dvd and I really don't like the cardio at all. It's the gotham body forms. It has way too much kicking and turning of your legs that really bothers my knees. I put on my profile that I have knee issues, but I guess that doesn't matter for the cardio parts. Anyway, I emailed them to complain about the cardio, that I didn't like it and could they send me another one. I just wrote to them today and since it's Sat., I haven't heard yet. I was just wondering if several more people complain, then maybe they'll change it or make it cheaper without the cardio. I really like the strength training parts (Bob as trainer). I really felt it more in the first month though, not so much in the second month. The 3rd month looks like it'll be more challenging (just got it yesterday and previewed it after work last night). It also has a couple of glitches in it where the video isn't very smooth. Anyone else had this problem? I asked them about that also. I think I can still do the workouts, it's just annoying to me
Anyway, I'm happy with the system so far, except the cardio. I just ordered the new Leslie Sansone Walk Slim for cardio. I hope I'll like it.

Take care everyone!!
ddc
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:46 PM   #2  

I haven't had problems with the cardio (I'm only in month 2). I'm doing Combat with Violet Zaki right now, and some of the kicks are too hard, but I just do them really small as well as I can. I did email once about an exercise in my strength training that was hurting my wrists, and I got a helpful email back from Mike Monroe. They may tell you to just do what you can and leave out/modify the rest.

I think it would be a good idea for them to offer the strength training without the cardio for a lower price, since they say you could do other cardio instead anyways. Or you could just think of it this way: the $25 per month is for your personal trainer and the cardio is free! lol Anyways, hope everything works out for you with it.
bravissima82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #3  
ddc
getting back to 140

Default Got a reply from PUSH about not liking cardio

I just rec'd a reply from PUSH. They said it is not their policy to replace a cardio session that I picked just because I didn't like it. But, since there were some defects in the dvd, they'd make me a new one and replace the cardio with a different one. I don't feel like I "picked" this cardio session because I just picked the option for them to pick and it just came up next on the rotation. It'd be nice if you could somehow review the cardio sessions on their website before you get them (like at collage video). If you don't like the kicking in the Zaki cardio, you probably won't like the Nunez one either-it has more!! That was my thing with it. My knees and hips ache for days after I do dancey, kicky cardio-Turbo Jam killed my knees and hips.
I guess I just need to stick to Leslie Sansone.

Keep movin'
ddc
Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #4  

I'm on month 5 and only one of the months has had cardio that didn't hurt my knees and that was the low impact one with Petra. What I have been doing is the training sessions with Bob and then substituting my own cardio portion. It's a shame that the sessions aren't more adapted to someone with issues in certain areas.

Rumor is that Bob is only available as a trainer through month 5 and then after then, starting with month 6 you only get Mike. Not sure if this is true, but I will find out in a couple of weeks when my next DVD arrives!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #5  

Linda, let me know if you get Bob for month 6! I will be sad if I have to switch after 5 months, I really like Bob.

I am doing the cardio in the order they have on the page, but skipping the ones I don't want (I am definitely skipping the Gotham Body Forms, and I'm not really interested in the yoga one either.) I keep having to uncheck the box for letting them select it though.

I REALLY think they should have a preview video on the website, because the descriptions tell you NOTHING about the cardio. I keep meaning to write them about this, but I haven't yet.

One other Push-related question I had, since we are on the subject. I know they have the 4 levels of training...I am of course a beginner, but I was wondering if they move you up the levels as you go through the program, or if you just stay at the beginner level for the whole thing. Maybe Linda or someone who has been in it longer could answer this for me?

I am definitely seeing results from the strength training. I need to switch to 10 lb weights, because my 5 lbs are just too light now! I used to be so weak!
bravissima82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #6  

I think there is a workout curve for each level, but my level is still level 3 which I started at. I don't know if my month 5 is like month 2 for level 4 or month 8 for level 1, but I CAN tell you they do indeed make it harder every month.. oh BOY do they ever! My shoulders are screaming today with the pushups he tried to get me to do!

The cardio is also at two levels.. I asked in the beginning. So for example the Gotham Body workout.. level one and two get one workout and level three and four get another one.

I really like Bob too, but what scares me is someone posted that Mike was a LOT harder than Bob!! After getting the next DVD, I think I am putting my subscription on hold because as far as the upper body stuff, my strength has not preogressed as the DVD wants me to be.. Stuff with weights and the bands are fine. it's just the exercises that use our own body weight, like dolphins, planks, pushups.. etc. He makes them harder every month!!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

I did ask PUSH about putting cardio video previews on the website and I was told that they are a small company and it would be very expensive, so they would not be doing that anytime in the near future.

I just did my month 3 session 1 yesterday and I'm pretty sore. Month 2, I didn't feel as much. I was wondering also if I should move my level up myself or just let them progress me up. I wrote and rec'd a response from Mike, but it still wasn't very clear. Month 3 is definately harder than month 2.
I started out as a beginner, even though I've been working out off and on for several years. I still can't do push ups the real way, so I was afraid to jump up a level. I read on the PUSH website somewhere that Bob was only available through month 5.

I said on my profile that I have knee issues, but I guess they don't take that in consideration for the cardio workouts. Also, there are lunges in the Bob sessions, it just says at the bottom of the screen to not go down as far. I was hoping for exercises that could be substituted for lunges. Overall, I'm happy with the program, but after reading on the forum about the Yourself Fitness, I'm thinking about trying that.

Take care all,
ddc