Old 02-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  
This is for me!

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Default Turbo Jam question--opinions needed, please!

Hello all! I am WAY into Turbo Jam--I love the 20 minute workout and I'm TRYING to love Cardio Party, but Cardio Party isn't doing much for me. In fact, I feel like I get more out of the 20 minute TJ than the 40 minute Cardio! Any suggestions? I would like to try some of the other TJ workouts, but there seem to be several--what have y'all found to be the best ones? I don't know how many there are, but I have seen a Fat Blaster one on eBay--anyone tried that?
kitteeglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #2  

Default Turbo Jam

Hello,

I love all of the Turbo Jam DVDs. My favorite is Punck, Kick and Jam. I also like the 20min dvd. I was doing TJ regulary a few months ago but stopped. I have to get started again so I can see some results.
sweetlady67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #3  

Hi. =D
The only Turbo Jam video i've done so far is Cardio Party Mix 3. At first, it was very hard to adjust to because i've never done any of the moves before, however, i stuck with it and i have like the whole 50 min. memorized. 0_0 It is difficult, but i encourage you to try Cardio Party. It's amazing--the feeling that you get at the end of the workout. XD But take it slow...just stick with Turbo Jam. It works. =)
Good luck.
yaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #4  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

I have all of the Turbo Jam workouts, but Punch, Kick & Jam is my favorite. My next favorite is CP2, then CP1, then CP Remix....oh, but I love the 20 min. workout, too. The new ball workouts are very challenging, but they rock, too. My least favorite of all the workouts is Fat Blaster...but, this seems to be the favorite of so many other jammers.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #5  

Talking Turbo jam is awesome!!

I love the 20 minute. i make a routine of doing 20 min then ab jam then 20 min again. 5 min break (water, bathroom blah blah) and then ill finnish up with cardio party I am obsessed with these workouts. Cardio party is easy to get into. after the first few times i thought that i wouldnt be able to get into as much as the 20 but i decided to do it to my own music and add a bit more of a dance to the moves. I now love cardio party and i think my friends are gonna give me an intervention soon cause turbo jam is my drug!

Success is not a doorway, its a staircase!!
turbojamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/130/113

Height: 5'2"

Smile Turbo Fan!

Hi there,
My first post on this site, pretty interesting! I too am a huge Turbo Jam fan. When I do the 20 min workout I like ot mix it w/the 3T to get a combo of cardio abd strength. I am looking to buy new DVDs to mix w/it and am considering Hip Hop Abs, any fans of this out there? Also, I have two of Minna Lessigs DVDs What ever happened to her? I really liked her stuff.
scremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #7  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Scremer ~ How could I forget about 3T...it's another one of my favorites! Ab Jam is good, too...I mostly do the standing part. I received Hip Hop Abs this past Friday, but have only completed the 30 minute workout. I'm thinking about doing the 45 minute workout when I get home today. It's definitely a keeper...the perfect workout to alternate with Turbo Jam. BTW, I have one of Minna Lessig's DVDs and it's one that I also do regularly. I'll have to check collage video to see if she has any other workouts.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #8  

Default 3t?

Can you guys tell me what 3T is? Is it another Turbo Jam workout? If so, is it mostly cardio, or does it have weights involved?

I just got the original set last week, and I must say I can FINALLY see what all the fuss is about - I love these dvd's. I just did Cardio Party tonight and it totally kicks my butt. I also like Turbo Sculpt - with the music and dancey stuff she incorporates, it's definitely one of the most fun toning/sculpting routines I've done. As I've read other people say about these workouts (which I found hard to believe) - I actually look forward to working out. Hopefully I will still feel that way in another month....
KellyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #9  

KellyBee, 3T is a resistance band strength training workout. It is a great one to add with Fat Blaster, Cardio Party Remix, or the 20 Minute for cardio. I love this workout - but I enjoy working out with the resistance bands for something different. 3T is my favorite between Chalene's Sculpting workouts (Booty Sculpt and Turbo Sculpt).

Glad you found Turbo Jam - it is an awesome workout.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:05 PM   #10  
Waiting to Grow Up!

Chalene definitely has a fan club here! I love TJ too even though I haven't done them regularly in a while.

Someone asked about Fat Blaster. It's one of my favorite TJs. It is an interval workout. You do a slow interval that demos the series of moves then do a faster interval. It's only 30 minutes so is easy to add on to another workout or do before another one. Ok.. but the workout itself is not that easy. I am normally drenched when I finish.

Kick, Punch and Jam is my favorite so far. I can't remember the exact length. This one IMO moves slow enough for me to work on form. More drill-like than the others. I think the Cardio Parties all have about the same feel.

Also, I just did Kickin' Core for the first time on Monday. I really enjoyed it but was definitely out of practice with the TJ moves. It's 30 minutes of cardio then concludes with toning moves with ball, some nice core work, push ups on the ball, etc. I was really sore through the chest, upper back, inner thighs and lower abs after this one.

-darlene-
ReachingZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #11  
This is for me!

Hello all! Thanks for the opinions! I am slowly working my way into this Turbo Jam thing, so I will eventually try them all! I just got Fat Blaster on eBay, so I am hoping I'll like that one!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #12  
Joshua Morrow Fan

S/C/G: 198/161/140

Height: 5'5 1/2

Any advice for someone who is too unco-ordinated to do the moves? I have one of the DVD's and I've tried many times to do it, but by the time I figure out one move he's doing something totally different. LOL...
joshmorrowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #13  

I think the best thing to do as far as being able to follow along is to sit down and just watch the video a couple of times before trying to do the video with the group. I find if I have so clue of what's coming up and have watched and figured out the cueing for the moves it's much easier to keep up when your actually working out. Hope this helps.
Phyllis
galinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #14  
This is for me!

I found that I got some of the moves right away, but am still learning some weeks later! I just keep doing it, and then I'll get a move that I never could do before! I think it's just practice.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #15  

One of the best things you can do is the Learn and Burn and just keep doing that a few times to catch on how to do the moves. I even go back to that one every once in awhile just to make sure I'm doing the moves & tuck correctly.

Just don't give up because one of these days, you'll get to the end of workout and realize you nailed the whole darn thing!!!!! And MY FAVORITE quotes of all time is Chalene's "even mistakes burn calories" - how true!!!!!!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote