Old 02-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Man, I so did not feel like working out today Not sure why. I think it's that I got a late start. Normally I do my workouts fairly early, once I get the boys on the bus, my DD breakfast and get her settled with something to do/watch. So normally 9:30 am is the absolute latest I'm starting. But oldest DS had a friend over last night so we had to take him home and then I ran to to grocery since the weather is getting so horrible while we were out so I didn't have to go out again so I didn't get a chance to start until after 1pm. I think that must have affected my mood/energy level or something. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I did the 3 mile walk slim.

hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #17  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" ladies. I know I've been a bad girl, but I will get better, I promise.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #18  

Only a few days into the month and I am already playing catch up here! I did the Two Mile WATP with weights Monday-Friday this week, and I did an hour of Yoga on Thursday night. On Saturday I did the 1 Mile WATP with weights, and I went out for over an hour of outdoor walking. Today I had a much needed day off!

Have a great week everyone
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #19  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

It took all day, but I finally got in my workout! I did the 3 fast Walk Slim miles again! I just don't get tired of that one!

I've got a pot of beef and noodles on the stove and a loaf of bread in the bread machine. We'll eat well and then watch the commercials (and a bit of the game)!

Have a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #20  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all,

Sara, Are you still having trouble with your legs? When I first started walking, I had pain in the front of my lower legs and it worked its way out eventually. I hope yours does too, but if it has continued for several days, maybe it is time to visit the doctor.

Marie, I hope you and DH had a great weekend in Portland. How is your back doing by now?

Michele, What was your favorite commercial? I took a kitchen break and missed a Bud Light one that everyone else said was the best one. Something about a hitchhiker with a chainsaw and a hitchhiker with an axe.

Karen, I have the same problem you had yesterday. If I get out of my routine, it's so hard to get back in.

Curly Grrl, You've been a busy walker! It seems like the pounds are just dropping off of you lately. Congrats!

Hi Michelle! Drop by more often.

I'm feeling much better so it wasn't the flu only a cold. I rode bikes today for 95 minutes. I had a great time and intend to do that more often.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #21  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone, I know it's late, but I just thought I'd drop in with an update.

I went to see the doctor about my insane leg pain, and he told me that based on my previous history of knee issues, it's probably related to hyper-extension of my leg. I basically have no kneecap in my right knee thanks to years of faulty joints grinding against each other.

So I'm supposed to completely lay off the exercise for 3 weeks (hah, so says the skinny beanpole of a doctor), and he put on some supplements that even my mother who's been a nurse for over 10 years couldn't explain.

I think I'm just going to keep doing what feels comfortable for my body and go from there.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:28 AM   #22  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

We had a 2 hour late start today due to dangerously low wind chills (-30ish)! I got up a bit later than usual and still had time to do the 4 fast Walk Slim miles! That makes 17 miles so far this month!

Tammy, my favorite was either the Bud commercial where the guys were doing rock, paper, scissors for the last one in the cooler or the Blockbuster one with the mouse. All in all, I didn't think the commercials were NEARLY as good as in past years! It was a good game, though!

Well, off to have breakfast at home, for a change! Then a shower and to work!

Have a great day!

Michele
Old 02-05-2007, 10:33 AM   #23  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Michelle, 17 miles in only 5 days, thats awsome!!! Way to go girl!! I wasn't able to walk this weekend, it was so filled with things to do, I didn't get around to even being still in my apartment for longer than 5 min! But my normal routine is to walk 5 days a week Mon-Fri weekends off. So I will do my 3 mile tonight when I get home. Wish me luck

Have a great Monday everyone.
tlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #24  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

My DS said the Super Bowl commercials weren't as good as last year. I did see the last quarter but on Tivo and skipped the commercials per his request.

DH and I had a great time in Portland. Definitely with the full house of adult children a break was needed.

I did 3 miles walking this morning. My back is about the same as late last week - no improvement no wors. Although swimming at the hotel was fabulous. No pain whatsoever.

Dusty, I have the 5 mile DVD and have ordered the Walk Slim. I like the 5 miler but it's not as hard as it once was. Michele and Karen sold me on the idea of Walk Slim so I'm hoping it'll help me off the longest plateau in my dieting history.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
Marie I just ordered the walk slim system this morning I am getting tired of
the 3 mile walk it will be great to have some new ones to use
I did the 3 and 2 mile I am going to walk the treadmill tonight ive been
walking 45 to 1 hr a day I feel great

Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #26  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Dusty, you will LOVE Walk Slim! That's all I've done since I received it on the 22nd and I'm just NOT getting tired of it! I've only done the 2 mile once and I haven't done the fast firming yet, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 3 and 4 fast miles! I did the 3 again this morning!

Have a great Tuesday!

Michele
Old 02-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #27  

Thanks Tammy! It is nice to finally be getting back into the walking habit after the holiday lull

Yesterday and this morning I did the Two Mile WATP with weights.

You are all doing so great, well done everyone!
CurlyGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #28  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Hello all you fellow walkers!

I just wanted to pop by and report that I did the 3 mile walk last night. Almost couldn't get through the whole thing I was about to stop after 2 miles, but I decided against it and said if I can get through 2 I might as well go for the 3. I normally don't have a problem with the 3 mile, thats the only one I have so thats the only one I do, but for some reason yesterday I was really tired. Hopefully tonight will be better and I will breeze through.

Good luck everyone

~Tlo
tlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #29  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I did 3 miles walking this am and added a set of lower back stretches I got. Hopefully something will make the back better. So far my Walk Slim hasn't shown up although it processed my bank account a week and a half ago.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:13 AM   #30  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

4 fast Walk Slim miles this morning! Marie, I hope everything works out. What type of shipping did you get? Did you order from Leslie's site or the infomercial? There have been some concerns raised by those who ordered through the infomercial. All I can say is document EVERYTHING. And make LOTS of calls to pester them! Good luck!

Michele