Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Great Featherweight One Week Challenge - Nov 26th - Dec 2nd

That'd be the start of December folks! Another year flown by!

Well? What'll it be this week? A little more intense cardio? a little more protein? an extra day of weigh lifting? What small change can you make this week to keep you on a straighter path to slim fitness?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

I'm finally in the 130s! I really didn't expect this, what with Thanksgiving and all, but here I am. Exercising works! Plan for the week is more of the same.

Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #3  

Great for you!@!! I am so jealous. I want to be there so so bad.
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Jazz!! I am so proud yet envious of you...

This week, I just want to keep the food as undercontrol as it has been this past week AND weekend!! Imagine I had a clean eating weekend girls
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #5  
Sweet n' Sassy

Talking Hello Chicks!

Hey Gals: I've been lurking on 3FatChicks and this sub-forum support group for a while now, and I thought I would step up and say hello! I'm 26 years old and used to weigh 145 lbs until about two years ago when I lost around 30 lbs. I'm now happy maintaining at 115 lbs, but it's a constant challenge to be aware. I'm a newlywed also and my husband and I enjoy indulging (in food ) and also working out together. Lately though, we've kind of slipped out of the workout routine. Wrong time of the year to let that happen!! I need to get back on the bandwagon...I just need some pushing! When I'm eating crap (like I've been doing for the past solid week b/c of Thanksgiving) and not working out, I don't feel my best. I miss that feeling and my plan is to get back to it.
LwyrChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

LwyrChick
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #7  
Sweet n' Sassy

Thanks Ilene!! I can feel the loooove in here! So, my plan after work tomorrow is to the gym as long as I can get out at a decent time. My husband and I are going to visit my parents for Christmas on Dec 21st. At that time, I want to be at a good place so I can splurge a bit once there. Usually, I'm pretty good about healthy eating and little or no wine during the week - but once the weekend hits, we plan dinners and events and enjoy eating good food and drinking good wine.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #8  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Hi LwyrChick and

Thanks for the congrats, Dee and Ilene. I've still got a ways to go, but it's nice to see those milestones in the rearview mirror.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #9  
Sweet n' Sassy

Talking

Hey Jazzbird, Congrats on your victory! This support system looks great... I've been snooping around the different sub-forums, but I think when you have a limited amount to lose this is the place to be. Just because we may not have 100+ pounds to lose, doesn't mean our weight loss victories are any less important. YAY for the featherweights!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 164/164/140

Height: 5'7"

You guys,

i need some major help. I want to lose weight but I'm not changing my eating habits. I have terrible discipline.. i really am having trouble. I'm not doing well at all.! ahhh!
Elynlovesyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #11  

Elynlovesyou? You could try looking over the support threads. Most days a group there plans all their eating for the day and checks back in for accountability.
Lots of good food ideas and others who struggle to stick to it.
And ... the next time you think you want something awful to eat either come read here first or put it in your fitday before you eat it and see if you really want it.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #12  

Good morning!
Boy when you folks have a holiday weekend, I do a lot of talking to myself! Sounds weird to say that I'm glad it's Monday
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Good morning girls! I didnt do as bad as I thought I would on Thanksgiving. I only had one plate and was satisfied. For the dessert, I had candied yams and that was it. I think I actually lost weight even though I wasnt exercising but I'm not sure. last week the scale at work said 135 and yesterday it read 132.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:14 AM   #14  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ilene - I hadda one-a those too! Imagine, Me? Clean eating on a weekend?

Oooh goals for the week... trying to get down the gym at least once this week and seeing what I can do with my busted-up ribs. AND keeping the eating spotless when all I really want to do is stick my head in a tin of chocolates
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #15  

on the weight loss jazzbird and superstar! and for Ilene and 2frustrated, you guys are definitely inspiring...I need to have a weekend of healthy eating

SusanB sorry you felt like you were talking to yourself! I wasn't celebrating a holiday, I just wasn't sure what to say

Our thanksgiving was ages ago, thank goodness...But that didn't stop me from eating like it was a holiday on Sunday :P My goal this week is to get more protein (I'm nearly a vegetarian due to my lack of interest in cafeteria meat!) so then I won't feel hungry right after eating, which happens to me a lot! And to get more iron (I'm anemic). Yay.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote