Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5'8''

Default New.....up and down weight for years

Hi,
I am new to the whole concept of a chat room. I just turned 50 and I am at the heaviest weight for my whole life. I can not seem to get my eating under control. I am fairly good with exercise and live a fairly active life, so if I can control the food I should be able to conquer this. I have done this for years so I am exploring a community to talk with to help me. Thanks
3dogsonawalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome. You have come to the right place. There's lots of support here. Have a look around the boards and post where ever you feel like you have something to say. read, read, read, read, read!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hi 3dogsonawalk ... and ...

That was the story of my life too before I came to 3FC, this is a great community to get help... Like SusanB says, you need to talk about it and realise that you are not alone in your struggle... Good Luck and keep posting!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #4  

Default Ditto!

You sure arent alone that is for sure. LIke you I am good with exersize but need support getting my eating under control
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5'8''

Me again, my first day. I have been good. Yippie! I grew up in a rural area with very busy parents, so after school I ate. And to this day that before dinner time is a time for snacking. So the dogs got a long walk when I got home from work. Food seems to have been my companion throughout my life, when I am happy,sad,bored. I always seem to be able to be ''good'' for awhile and then it slips away. Now that I am older the weight just does not come off the way that it used to. But this will be differant this time.........Thanks for the encouraging words.
3dogsonawalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi 3dogsonawalk!
Come join us on the Weekly Featherweight Challenge. My weekly goal of eating less and exercising 5 x a week has helped me tremendously. I also have problems before dinner, so I save that time for a healthy snack and keep busy. You can set your own goals to keep you going. The support here is wonderful. Ir's great that we're all in this together.
Good Luck!
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote