Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #1  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Arrow The Great Featherweight Challenge - October 9-16

I suppose Thanksgiving festivities are winding down for our Canada contingent, so let's roll out the new week's challenge. I, for one, am going to really try to watch it this week so maybe (keeping fingers crossed!) I can lose another pound.
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I have to watch it too this week, we have a supper with DH's work ... I want to fit in the outfit I have without feeling fat...

Eat clean
Exercise
Drink water

Now, how can only those 3 little things be so difficult ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ilene??? Do you mix the cranberry with the psyllium? and just drink it like that?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

My goal this week is to be good all week and then make it through the weekend. Okay, time for me to exercise, so off to the gym I go~~
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Ilene??? Do you mix the cranberry with the psyllium? and just drink it like that?
And, is there a particular kind/brand of psyllium that you use? Do you taste it? I've been looking at several websites about psyllium because I think I want to try this myself.....going to the grocery store today. I need to get over this hump I've found myself on!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Allison? I got mine at the bulk food store ... very cheap. Kinda blah, you definitely need to mix it with something tasty.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #7  
Think thin

Don't know about your area, but psyllium husk is in all the grocery stores here. You can buy it flavored and unflavored. The most common brand name is Metamucil but there are others. I've been drinking a glass each day for a couple of years. It was recommended on the South Beach Diet, and I just continued. It's kept my cholesterol nice and low.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Yes ma'am ... They recommended 1/2c Knudsen pure cranberry juice with water and 1 tsp psyllium morning and night in the Fat Flush Plan that I am presently reading... I don't particularly like the diet but I do like this aspect of it, it is a good cleanser if you KWIM
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
And, is there a particular kind/brand of psyllium that you use? Do you taste it? I've been looking at several websites about psyllium because I think I want to try this myself.....going to the grocery store today. I need to get over this hump I've found myself on!
They sell the psyllium husks in the health food section of the grocery store I go to... Susan, being from Ontario you may know "Your Independent Grocer"

Oh, and I also eat Bran Buds with Psyllium
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

I also drink the cranberry juice mixed in my water bottle ... I mix 1/2 cup in a one litre (4cups) of water ... The cranberry water seems to keep me fuller than regular water for some reason...
Old 10-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #11  
Think thin

Happy surprise! With the weather getting cooler, I pulled out a pair of jeans from last winter and when I put them on they almost fell off me! I don't think I've changed more than 3-4 pounds since then, but something's different. I guess all those mornings on the bicycle weren't for nothing.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:10 AM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Yay Becky ... Are you doing weight training? This may be why your clothes is big because your muscles are smaller than the fat you used to carry, eventhough you may not have lost scale weight...
Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/149/132

Congrats, Becky! I will be home to Texas by the end of the evening and I am looking forward to the "fall" weather that has been predicted. It gets my husband out of the house with me to walk. Weigh-in for me is Friday mornings...I am hoping for progress this week. I feel I have done a good job eating, even though I was not able to exercise 1/2 the week.
BetsyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #14  
Think thin

OMG Betsy, you're right down the road from me! I live in Georgetown. What part of Austin do you live in? You said you're getting back--have you been travelling? And yes, the weather is nice. October is my favorite month. I just wish I had more time outside.

Ilene, I do physical therapy exercises, which counts a lot like weight training I think. I was in a car accident a long time ago and got my right knee and ankle pretty well messed up. I hurt my knee again last year and it was giving me so much pain that I stopped exercising for months to see if it would get better. It didn't until I went to PT in June. I've continued doing the exercises at home 3x per week. I'm up to 20# weights, now. I also do ab work and ride the stationary bike. That's a long answer to your question, but I guess the answer is YES!
Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/149/132

Becky-

I live in downtown east Austin. The weather today is great. I get back every week for travel. It is part of my job. I leave most Sunday nights and return on Thursday. This kind of travel makes dieting very difficult. It is hard to find time to workout, much less eat correctly when all my meals are eaten out during the week.

But I have good news, the scales says that I have lost another pound this week! One step at a time.
BetsyZ is offline   Reply With Quote