Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls.

Lucky, it doesn't sound like you will have access to a fridge near work. Bummer. I usually have fruit and cottage cheese or a yougurt with Kashi mixed in. I gotta try oatmeal later (when the temps cool down). Down here in the south I was raised on grits - not a very good breakfast if you're going to pump it up with butter & cheese. I've tried the oatmeal packets, but I think I need to go for the real oatmeal to get the nutrients and make it worth it.

Wide, You'll lose those 2# quickly. Like Ilene said, it's prob water weight. I gained on my vacation also and lost it within the first week or so of being back on schedule.

2Frus, Good luck on your next challenge! And welcome back...

Good morning to everyone else. Hope everyone's day is going according to plan.

Looks like I have lost a couple of pounds since last weigh in -- yahoo! Getting that much closer to goal. Just over 10 lbs to go....
Old 08-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!
We finally got everything in order yesterday and we're moving on September 1st! A smaller house with high speed internet!!!
Mind you we celebrated a bit. Now I have to add a BIT of wine and a hot fudge sundae to my fitday. But I'm sure I'll work it off going thru ten years of clutter.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #63  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Been for a jog at lunch! feel SO much better now! Not that I was feeling bad before, but I feel all chilled and relaxed! My tummy is still odd - I just get crampy pains after eating, which makes sure I don't eat too much! I had a home-made turkey burger for lunch. I absolutely LOVE those things!

Tonight I am planning to run 3.5 miles on the treadmill, do some light weights if there's time, and then go to "Body Conditioning" Where us lovely ladies "tone" with small pink dumbbells Then I will proceed to Sweatbox - which I hope is a good laugh, and I hope I will be able to show them all up!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:06 PM   #64  

Helloooooo?! I'm missing our busy thread.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:37 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Used to be busy around here???? LOL!
Having a hard time keeping away from the food, I seem to be hungry all the time even with the gallons of water I'm drinking??!!!....
And as for exercise all I've been doing is spit shining the house for Saturdays guests I hate to have a messy house when I'm expecting company...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Yes, it is quiet in here these days... Everyone gone on vacation, not me though, it's just quiet in my neck of the woods...
Old 08-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #67  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide in Winnipeg View Post
Used to be busy around here???? LOL!
Having a hard time keeping away from the food, I seem to be hungry all the time even with the gallons of water I'm drinking??!!!....
And as for exercise all I've been doing is spit shining the house for Saturdays guests I hate to have a messy house when I'm expecting company...
When I'm expecting company is when I do my best cleaning, and yes it IS a freakin' workout
Old 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #68  

We have Grandma and Grandpa's whole family for Christmas each year (I have the big house). So we get spick and span at least once a year!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 AM   #69  
aka Superwoman!

I only tidy for guests - I ask for at least a week's notice in advance

I'm really pooped from my extreme workout on Wednesday, then last night I did 2 kickboxing classes, and was supposed to be training before hand too but he never showed up.

Today I'm having a rest day since DF is doing his police thingy all night, so I will get a Loooooooooooooooooooooong night's rest. I finish work at 4pm, so I'll go home, pack for the weekend (Mum and Dad's), bake some pumpkin protein bars, get my pork stir-fry down my neck, then be asleep in bed by 7pm at the latest! Sounds like my kinda night!

Got a meal out on Saturday night and probably eating out on Sunday, but at least I have a 7.5 mile run scheduled. I WILL go, with or without DF.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:10 AM   #70  

It's our anniversary gals ... 27 years!

So I think I'll go for a walk very soon, do the housewifely thing, pack some more and be fresh and pretty by the time DH comes home and we'll go out for dinner.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:12 AM   #71  
aka Superwoman!

Oooh it was Mum and Dad's anniversary yesterday - 32 for them!

Congrats!
Old 08-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #72  

Thanks and good morning Jen!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Congrats SusanB on 27 years! I'm just behind with you 19. I like to know that there are couples out there that can live with each other for long periods. Even if one has to take it to the sofa on occassion! Definitely hard work at times, so my hat is off to you..
Old 08-18-2006, 08:34 AM   #74  
aka Superwoman!

take it to the sofa....

My small rant about us yung 'uns and marriage!!!

I think in today's society, we are programmed to expect perfection in everything. I'm talking great bodies, great jobs, great friends, perfect relationships where we live happily ever after.

I think at the first sight of a little hitch or a bit of trouble, now, us yung 'uns are prone to bail - thinking that this relationship isn't "The One". But in actual reality, you find "The One" and you DO argue over the washing up and snipe at each other because you're stressed at work or you haven't had enough sleep! And living with someone else and compromising and running a household IS HARD WORK! Some things have to be compromised for other things. EG my house is a tip, but we usually have clean clothes and food to eat. Yes HE leaves his socks all over the floor, and so do I! My junk is spread all over the place and so is his! If the toilet seat is up, and I need it down, then I put it down! I've NEVER understood that one!

And as for deeper stuff like infidelity, I think it is possible to forgive and forget and move on if you truly love the other person and they are truly sorry and circumstances have changed.

I also think that we are too selfish nowadays. EG "I am too busy to wash up one bowl so that you can get on with your cooking" OR "I am going to go kickboxing rather than come home and "look after you" because you have a COLD!" If we have a little more respect for the other person, and enjoy doing stuff for them as well as with them, then we will live long and prosper!!

Here endeth the lesson
Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #75  
Ilene the Bean

It'll be 23 years for DH and I in October... He gets on my nerves sometimes but I bet I get on his nerves more often ... I am not an easy person to live with!
Closed Thread