3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Welcome, Featherweights! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/84275-welcome-featherweights.html)

Ilene 04-08-2009 05:32 PM

:wave: shybiird, Bubu and RunningGirl :welcome:

fitchick1716 06-07-2009 03:00 PM

Hi all - my name is Jocelyn and I'd like to join you guys. I'd been pretty small all my life until I got to college. All those late night parties and pizzas started catching up with me. I worked incredibly hard to get the weight off and I succeeded - reaching my physical peak of 106 lbs during my last year of college in 2001 (using the Body for Life program).

My husband and I were involved in a car wreck shortly after our 2001 college graduation, and my weight started creeping back up. I weighed under 130 when we got married in 2004, and fluctuated between 130 and 145 until I got pregnant last year (at 140lbs.).

I gained weight WILDLY when I was pregnant - 55 pounds to top out at 195. The strange thing is that my diet and exercise habits didn't really change much during that time. It's like someone turned on the weight gain switch. Needless to say, I was terrified that I would not be able to lose the weight.

Fast forward to November 2008. My 8lb. 9oz. baby boy was born, and I lost weight FAST. Granted, I was breastfeeding, but not doing much else due to a C-section recovery. It's like someone turned the switch back off. I started exercising again in February of this year, and started Couch to 5K in May.

I'm back down to 142 lbs., but I'd love to be back down in the 120s! I feel like that's a realistic weight for me to maintain. I also have PCOS, which may factor into some of the difficulties I have losing weight, but I'm not going to let that be an excuse for me.

I've been reading about the Body Image Workbook on another thread and I'm planning to order it soon. That's one thing I really struggle with - especially during this time of year!

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I'm thrilled to be here and I look forward to chatting with y'all.

Ilene 06-07-2009 10:03 PM

:welcome: fitchick1716 :wave:

Sylvia from NS 06-12-2009 12:22 PM

OLD member starting NEW journey

Hello, So nice to have been invited to this FEATHERWEIGHT forum. Thank you SusanB! I never would have thought to search for this section. It never occured to me that one would exist. Great idea, though. I am sure, it is like walking into a WW meeting with just a few pounds to go. You know that some feel, "What is she doing here?" It is a battle for all of us, no matter whether it 10 or 100 lbs. When you have big numbers to lose, I am sure you think that all your problems dissappear when you are down in weight and very close to your goal...but, self image is a struggle no matter what your weight. So, I am glad to be back and I continue to get my butt moving and eat the best foods I can and make good choices most of the time! Look forward to checking in on a
daily basis. :exercise::exercise: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...6/150/158/.png

Sylvia from NS 06-12-2009 12:34 PM

OMG I think, after two years of trying, I've finally cracked the code and gotten the ticker at the bottom of my posts. Maybe it the luck of the FEATHERWEIGHT forum!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...6/150/158/.png

Sylvia from NS 06-12-2009 12:35 PM

Now, I continue trying to get my profile picture to work. Hopefully it won't be as long and drawn out!

Thanks, Sylvia from NS

Julietta 06-15-2009 03:45 PM

I'm so happy to have found this section!
I'm pretty new to the forum, but I've been "secretly" reading your for a long time ;-) Now it's time to participate! I never thought I would have felt to better writing here and sharing my experiences with someome who is more or less in the same (phisical or mental) situation than me! :-)
So today I just jumped happily here and there to write in the forum, maybe I exaggerated, but I hope you will forgive me in the name of "the enthusiasm of the beginner"! :-))

Binging is quite an issue for me (yes, I've already visited that section and left my footprints ;-)), but so is loosing those few kilos which would make me feel great...

So thank you chicks for your company and support... in advance! :-))

Ilene 06-15-2009 09:58 PM

:wave: Hi Sylvia and Julietta :welcome: to the Feathers...

PPP 06-30-2009 04:56 PM

Hello to all,

My name is Paula and I'm new here.

I've been using the recipes from this site for years and finally decided to make a profile and post.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

By the way the PPP stands for Paula the Portuguese Pisces!

:-)

Ilene 06-30-2009 05:33 PM

Well hello Paula the Portuguese Pisces :lol: .... :welcome: to the Feathers :wave:

carrieokie 07-26-2009 12:58 AM

Hi, I'm Carrie and I'm new. I am trying to lose about 10 pounds of Baby Weight. My baby is 18 months old and the last ten pounds are being awfully stubborn!

Stella 07-26-2009 07:15 AM

What a flattering name for someone who has (as I think) quite a lot of weight to lose, haha! But I agree that this thread has a place - at times I feel like a bit of a fraud ranting about m y 20lb lost (and 20 to go) to people who have lost 100lb and more...

Ilene 07-26-2009 08:06 PM

:welcome: Carrie and Stella

jayjay77 08-05-2009 10:05 AM

Hi Featherweights!

I'm not exactly a Featherweight because I have about 20 lbs to lose, but my starting point is relatively low because I'm short. So I'm enjoying the advice on this thread.

Jen

Ilene 08-05-2009 12:30 PM

Hi Jen :welcome: to the Feathers .... 20 lbs is a perfect feather :yes: