Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #1  
Craving Healthy

S/C/G: 138/126/105

Height: 5'0"

Default Stubborn Last 20lbs Plateau

So, I'd like to lose 21 more pounds. So far I've lost 12 but I'm having a really hard time breaking through these last 21.

For those of you who had to break through a plateau, what did it for you? Was it uping exercise? Cutting calories? Cutting carbs? Standing on your head 10 minutes a day?!
AnnieBeHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #2  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

What are you doing currently? Calories, exercise, etc?
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #3  
Craving Healthy

S/C/G: 138/126/105

Height: 5'0"

I'm counting carbs mostly (because I'm a carbo-holic) and I exercise vigarously about 4 times a week. I have two kids in dance and soccer, so my schedule isn't as open as it usually is. Maybe the decrease in going to the gym 5 days a week is wrecking havoc?
AnnieBeHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Being hungry most of the time, and accepting that I will be hungry most of the time for the rest of my life. Thus, the username.

Before that, I would eat over the amount I needed. It seemed like I couldn't help it. And I also ate a lot of empty calories, like sweets every day. And not enough protein. And way too many low glycemic carbs. And not enough green/colorful vegetables. And not enough water. And too many starches.

I guess what that translates as is cutting calories, based on the number of calories needed to lose weight. They have a lot of calculators online that will tell you a safe number. And trying to eat clean foods.

Best wishes and congrats on the 12!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 08-13-2015 at 01:34 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieBeHealthy View Post
I'm counting carbs mostly (because I'm a carbo-holic) and I exercise vigarously about 4 times a week. I have two kids in dance and soccer, so my schedule isn't as open as it usually is. Maybe the decrease in going to the gym 5 days a week is wrecking havoc?
From my own experience, I had to give up exercising to lose weight. In recent times, the most fit I was coincided with nearly my high weight. I just couldn't lose much weight when I was running/weightlifting (I never made it to heavy lifting, just body-pump type classes).

What does work for me to lose weight is severe calorie restriction, semi-low carb (30-50g net carbs/day). Exercise - theoretically - consists of walking and yoga. Seems like others have no problem dieting and exercising at the same time, so probably you just have to try different combinations to see what works for you.

I DO plan to start exercising for real after I lose just a few more pounds (5 or so). I actually think figuring out exercise schedules is going to be the hard part for me, so kudos to you for already having that part down!

Good luck to you in figuring out what works for you!!!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #6  
Weight loss enthusiast

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5 10'

Start cutting out some calories, don't focus too much on carbs
concon is offline   Reply With Quote