Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Yes we can!!! Hope that water weight came off for you. I'm moving next month so I'm starting to accept that the next few weeks are just going to be chaos. We went on a househunting trip this weekend and did a TON of walking (walkable neighborhood!) so I ate a lot but I was really active too. I'm still trying to make decent choices in the midst of all this, and I'm pretty pleased with some of the choices I made this weekend. So that's a good start!
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #377  

Well, we moved this past weekend! Scale is roughly the same as it was, but I'm hoping it's not totally accurate--I hang onto a TON of water when I'm hot, and we have no AC in this new house (yikes), and it's also that time of month. I can tell a huge difference already in my eating and exercising though. I'm eating way less and better (imagine that, now that it's less stressful and I also have a working kitchen again), and best of all, I'm much more active. Sunday we walked almost an hour round-trip to the beach and then swam for a while, yesterday I walked 25 minutes to the library, and today we walked about 75 minutes to various things. It's SO easy to be active in an environment that allows for it, and I'm really, really happy. I'm hungry most of the time and definitely don't feel like I'm eating at replacement level, so I'm hoping weight loss will come a lot easier now that my lifestyle has shifted.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:46 AM   #378  

Update! Still super active, still eating really well. I've finally gotten off the last of the moving pounds (turns out that eating junk food and being sedentary for weeks is bad for you, who knew haha) and am right back down to 145.4, so I'm really, really pleased with that. I've also gotten a ton of strength back because of all the exercise that I'm doing.

Now I'm finally going to stop losing the 145-150 pounds over and over and keep going!
Old 11-28-2019, 10:05 AM   #379  

Down to 142.2 this morning. Super slow, but it seems that I've lost more than the three pounds and put on some muscle. I've had multiple people tell me I've lost weight and that my shape has changed, and I can tell I've lost weight--I'm noticeably thinner. My hips are noticeably narrower. Three pounds isn't very noticeable usually, so I guess all this activity is working!

I'd like more of a number change on the scale to be sure, but I'm also pretty happy that things continue to change. I do feel much better overall.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #380  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

nice work Princessroja! Looks like you've got a steady sustained effort happening
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #381  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hello all and happy new decade!!!! I'm hovering in the 141 - 144 range and planning to break back into the 130s and STAY there this month. Clocking in at 142 this morning. I hit 138-139 a few times last month, but my goal is to get there in a way that is healthy and sustainable for my lifestyle.

Things that work:
  • Drink at least 80-100 oz water
  • Walking (aiming for 8k - 10k steps per day)
  • Yoga
  • Drinking at least 2-3 cups of tea per day.
  • Aim for no food before noon.
  • Aim for no food after 8PM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:22 PM   #382  

How's it going, Alexistrophic?

I gained a pound or so over the holidays but I'm not too concerned about that. Right now my only goal is to dump sugary desserts entirely. I so, so badly want to have a nice, balanced diet in every way but it's like a switch flips when I eat them and control goes out the window. When I don't eat them, I naturally eat quite healthfully, and intuitively, and normal amounts, and all that jazz. But when I do, it's like all bets are off. So I'm going to try ditching them entirely for a while and see if I can then reintroduce gradually. I just finished day 4 and it's not really a big deal so far.

My other goal is fitness related (some very specific exercises for arms/shoulders, core and hip flexors) that's exactly what I need right now, and that's going splendidly. I'm trying some things out for the first quarter and reevaluating in March.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #383  

Well, I've lost that pound and more besides. 141.2 this morning and have been hovering in the low/mid 141s all week. Fitness stuff is going well too. As part of our insurance, hubby and I get free gym memberships, so we've joined one and have started going. My first gym membership! All the machines are very fun, and it's been great to get a chance to work some muscles that it's often harder to work at home with free weights. Can't wait to be out of the 140s soon!
Old 03-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #384  

Default Walk around the block

Hey,
Yes, I too have gained weight. I started to walk around the 4 times a week. Now that we are struck indoors, I walk every day to get outside, breathe the fresh air. It has help me mentally. So just get out there and start walking.
Redriver4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #385  

Hi, redriver4! Glad to hear walks are helping you. I just saw a 140.0 on the scale this morning for the first time... so I think I will soon be leaving the 140s behind entirely. Woohoo!!
Old 04-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #386  

And... I'm out! 139.6 this morning! 130s, here I come!!!