Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #1  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

Default just getting it off my chest before I start emotional eating

I'm feeling down today - it seems I have been on this journey for ever now and my body still looks the same to me, I still fit into the same clothes. my boyfriend says I have lost weight but I think he is just saying that to shut me up (he gets annoyed if I get upset about something - he says I'm like a dog with a bone and never stop whining) but after so long on a diet I thought I would see a difference.
If I have to count calories and weigh my food one more time I think I'm going to go nuts! And dont get me started on trying to drink 2liters of water a day, I want to puke!
I just want to cry and give up but I know I will regret it if I do - I just need a pep talk or a smack on the back of the head to knock some sense into me.

Okay - I'm done being a whiny little baby, just needed to get that off my chest I guess.
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate View Post
I'm feeling down today - it seems I have been on this journey for ever now and my body still looks the same to me, I still fit into the same clothes. my boyfriend says I have lost weight but I think he is just saying that to shut me up (he gets annoyed if I get upset about something - he says I'm like a dog with a bone and never stop whining) but after so long on a diet I thought I would see a difference.
If I have to count calories and weigh my food one more time I think I'm going to go nuts! And dont get me started on trying to drink 2liters of water a day, I want to puke!
I just want to cry and give up but I know I will regret it if I do - I just need a pep talk or a smack on the back of the head to knock some sense into me.

Okay - I'm done being a whiny little baby, just needed to get that off my chest I guess.

You're very wise to recognize the cues that lead to emotional eating. That's half the battle! Just keep reminding yourself of how far you've come.

BTW - why do you feel like you have to drink 2 liters of water? Are you thirsty for it, or are you drinking it because some "expert" told you you needed to?

Do you need someone to tell you when to go to the bathroom? I didn't think so. So you don't need anyone to tell you when, or how much, water to drink. Only your body knows that.

Sorry...a pet peeve.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/163/150

Height: 5'8"

Kudos to you for reconizing your trigger and posting for support instead of reaching for comfort food I feel the same way you do sometimes and ask myself why I'm doing all this without seeing results? It also frustrates me very much to see my friends eating all that bad food, exercise less, and STILL be thinner than me! But at the end of the day our bodies are all different. Perhaps you could mix things up with a new work out? A new healthy recepie? I'm addicted to home made fruit salad lately. I just mix all sorts of fruits together- make sure to include fruits tha tare juicy such as oraneges, grapefruits or even rasberries- and you've got yourself a great sweet treat! Also maybe try to remind yourself that you've gone so far and it's not time to quit now! You'll feel as bad as you feel now, if not worse, after you bindge. Food won't fix the bad feeling you're having it will only make it worse! I know you probably know all that already but sometimes it's good to hear it from someone else to give you a little push. Hold on one day at a time
CohesiveGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

If my calculations are correct, you've lost almost 40 pounds. And with the sizing of clothes today and the amount of stretch they put into them, it's entirely possible to be able to wear the same things.

But, have you been doing measurements. I felt the same way as I've lost about 35 pounds and am still wearing the same things. But the measurements tell me that I am losing. And I began to realize that while I'm wearing the same clothes, they don't actually fit any more as they're getting too big.

So, maybe start taking your measurements if you're not already. And assess if it isn't time to go shopping in the next size down and surprising yourself that things fit. And most importantly keep up the good work with recognizing your triggers and feel free to whine all you want here as it's much better than taking the eating approach to assuaging the dieting doldrums.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #5  

Thanks guys! just took my dog for a 30min walk to get out of the funk (didnt really work)

SouthernMavern: Everyone says to drink 2liters of water and I find if I dont make a consious effort to drink water i dont drink anything all day and then eat instead of drink (does that sound odd? sounds on when isay it out loud) I cant seem to tell the difference between hungry and thiirsty to be honest.

CohesiveGen: I have actually banned myself from the kitchen so i dont go running to the junk and as I said even took my dog for a walk to get away from it, I do need to hear it from someone else, my family (all super skinny regardless of the junk they eat) dont seem to understand why I want to eat so much and even shout at me when they see me weighing my food (they dont get it so I cant even ask them for help)
I went and brough all new healthy foods and a new water bottle to kick start me in the right direction again.

Betsy: I have just recently (in 2 weeks) started measuring myself, so I have not seen too many results, I have noticed however that my once fav pants are all baggy but then I think do I just remember them as being tighter? were they always this baggy?
Just had a brainwave! will try on my Matric dance dress! Wore it when I was at my heaviest so that will give me a good indication plus it is not stretchy material so i will have no excuses!
Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate View Post
SouthernMavern: Everyone says to drink 2liters of water and I find if I dont make a consious effort to drink water i dont drink anything all day and then eat instead of drink (does that sound odd? sounds on when isay it out loud) I cant seem to tell the difference between hungry and thiirsty to be honest.
Not being able to distinguish between hunger and thirst is a lot more common than people realize. It's hard for me to even know when I'm REALLY hungry. But I'm getting better at that. Have always been able to recognize thirst, but that's just me.

If drinking lots of water keeps you from eating, then by all means do it!

Best of luck to you!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #7  

thanks for all your support guys, today i noticed for the !st time ever that I have hip bones! *happy dance*
and my chiropractor told me I have lost weight so thats a plus! I'm feeling much better about my weightloss journey, even after my lunch with the family I stuck to my guns and even though the dessert try was right infront of me i just had a half a slice of chocolate pastry!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/163/150

Height: 5'8"

Glad to hear you're feeling better Keep it up!
CohesiveGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I drink 3 + liters of water a day, but I'm doing low carb and that can make you really dehydrated. I too get tired of chugging water all day, so I've started doing things to make the water more appealing.Adding lemon/lime is pretty basic, I like adding cucumber and mint. Another option is to soak ginger root or a vanilla bean in a jug of water for a day or two, it adds a nice little flavor kick.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote