Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Exercise Plans!

Hi all!

I am so curious to everyone's exercise plans. Do you all mind posting your weekly exercise plan? Like what you do and for how long! It helps me stay motivated, stay accountable and helps me gauge if I am doing enough! Below is my "plan":

Mon - 2 mile morning run
Tues - 2 mile morning run
Wed - 40 minute circuit weight lifting
Thurs - 2 mile morning run
Friday - 2 mile morning run
Saturday - 16 mile bike ride
Sunday - Rest
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

My plan change a bit every week, but overall it looks a bit like that :

Monday : rest day
Tuesday : gym training - 4.5-5 km run on the threadmill /dumbbells workout / 30 minutes on the bike
Wednesday : Workout at home - abs or full body
Thursday : gym training - 4.5-5 km run on the threadmill /dumbbells workout / 30 minutes on the bike
Friday : Rest day
Saturday : Workout at home, focusing on the abs
Sunday : Long run outside, for the moment it is around 7-8 km, but it will increase eventually
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

My workout changes every week and could be different days depending on when I get out of school if I can get to the gym:

Monday - cardio, no weights - MAYBE crunches
Tuesday: school - so technically my "rest" day unless I get out early
Wednesday: weight day (arms, legs, back - whichever is in rotation) plus 20 minutes of cardio
Thursday: school again
Friday: cardio, no weights
Saturday: weights again plus 20 minutes of cardio
Sunday: same as Saturday

Last edited by celigirl88; 02-20-2013 at 11:10 AM.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I do random crap. A sample week -

Monday: 15 min on arc trainer, dumbbell bench press 3 x 8 @ 50 pounds, lat pulldown 5 x 6 @ 90-110 pounds, kettlebell squats with 45 pound kettlebell, 5 minutes on stairs

Tuesday: Leg press 5 x 5 at 180 pounds, dumbbell shoulder press @ 40 pounds, cable "low row," 20 minutes interval running

Wednesday: off

Thursday: Dumbbell bench press 4 x 7 @ 50 pounds, barbell-in-corner shoulder press with bar + 25 pounds in plates, 12 minutes on stair stepper, leg press 5 x 5 at 200 pounds, 10 minutes on elliptical

Friday: 20 minutes rowing, 10 minutes on arc trainer

Saturday: Lat pulldown 6 x 5 at 80-100 pounds, kettlebell squats and swings @ 35 pounds, 20 minutes sprint intervals on treadmill

Sunday: off, maybe go for a walk or something
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #5  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

I focus on weight lifting and try to add a bit of cardio and yoga for active recovery and good overall health.

Monday: Lifting: Squats / Pull ups-Chin ups / Military press / Rehab exercises for knees / Push ups - Planks / Glute bridges - Hip thrusts.

Tuesday: Yoga

Wednesday: HIIT at recumbent bike

Thursday:Lifting: Deadlifts/ Chin ups - Pull ups / Goblet squats / Biceps-Triceps / Knee rehab exercises / Finisher: 50 BW hip thrusts.

Friday: Yoga

Saturday: Lifting: Bench press / Pull ups - Chin ups / Dumbbell rows / Push ups - Planks / Glute bridges - Hip thrusts.

Sunday: Rest
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

M: Heavy weight lifting
W: Heavy weight lifting
F: Heavy weightlifting

and on the 4 off days, I do power yoga or kettlebells (light) or nothing.

For example, today (lower body day) I did
Squats
Bodyweight x 10
20lbs x 8
45lbs x 5 (barbell)
90lbs 3x6 ATG

Lunges 3x8

Stiff legged deadlifts 3x12 with 35lb DB's (so 70lb total)

Alternating curls 3x8 (12.5lb DBs so 25lbs total, 1 set with 30lbs)
Planks 3x 30 seconds

I'm allergic to cardio! Except maybe a dance tape with my toddler. I had a baby 3 months ago so this is actually fairly light for me, it will take a lot of time to rebuild my strength.

Last edited by sacha; 02-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Looking at all of your plans makes me think I should be lifting more. Lately, though, I'm just focused on running. I think I'm going to add in a lifting day or two - on my off days instead of just not going to the gym, I'll go and lift. It's just that so often I get on the treadmill to warm up and lift and then just want to run. It just feels so good. Maybe I should warm up on the elliptical or something.

4 days per week - Run 45 minutes
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1

I've been trying to get back into the game for a while now. I just find myself to tired from college. Right now, I have a goal of 30 minutes per day, 6 days a week. But I'm even struggling with that.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/117 HW - 174

Height: 5 1

I work Monday to Friday days and and most classes that I like are during that time or right when I get off work so if I have a day off might go to a class. There is a Les Mills Sh'bam (cardio dance) but it is at 7:30 at night and as I walk I won't be attending until it gets darker later. My workouts and days off vary Monday to Thursday. They would all be after work. Friday is Zumba after work and Sunday am committed to Les Mills Bodyflow (Tai Chi/Yoga/Pilates). If there's one thing in the week that I look forward to at the gym it is that. I belong to a small gym and my fave machine is the Cybex Arc Trainer. We only have two one with arms and one without. I prefer without so sometimes if I go in intending to do weights and the machine is free I go to the machine. Once I lose 15 or 20 lbs I will cut down my time on the machine and do more weights.

In a perfect world where I have the motivation and weather is great lol, here's what a week would look like:

Monday - off or ARC for 60 minutes
Tuesday - weights followed by 20 minutes on ARC (sometimes end up wanting more so could be up to 60)
Wednesday - ARC 60
Thursday - off or weights/ARC
Friday - Zumba then on ARC until the change room clears out lol
Saturday - weights and/or ARC
Sunday - Bodyflow - sometimes stay for ARC

I change up cardio once in awhile but prefer the ARC, I push myself in different ways. I always go all out and sweat my butt off. Prefer more strides over greater resistance. I try to outdo myself both with strides per minute, METS and calories burned. My highest is 850 in an hour. I don't know how people that get to 1200 do it but I've progressed from about 550 so not bad.
Josiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #10  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

I keep things really simple. Basically I do whatever I feel I'm in the mood for. I'm always motivated for exercise but what I feel like doing depends on the day. In general, I lift 3-4 times a week (usually full body but sometimes I'll split upper and lower). In terms of cardio, winter time is always indoor spin biking or other classes at the gym. Spring/summer/fall it's running outside, biking, long boarding, dog walking, dog parking, ... whatever I feel like.

I basically just stay active and have fun doing it. Making it fun and enjoyable is the key to adherence. Diet is more important than any type of exercise, anyway. I'm rigid in my diet so that I can be flexible with exercise. I hate seeing exercise as a "chore." :P

Last edited by Aidanqm; 02-25-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

THIS JUST IN, I am going to do this and "start over" my weight training because I had gotten so undisciplined. Minus all the supplements.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ul...ing-guide.html

(May not be safe for work, lots of mostly naked buff chicks)
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #12  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

lol mine is nothing like anyones - but i hate doing weights so i tell myself when im a good weight i will start with weights

M: 30min run, 10min walk, 30 min bike, 10 min walk
T: same as monday
W: 1 hour obiendece dog training, 30 min run, 20min walk, 30min bike, 20min walk, 1 hour agility training, 2 hours squash
Th: same as monday
F: rest day
S: rest day (work all day no time for gym)
Sun: 1hour tennis, 2 hours squash, and sometimes a day at the park practicing agility and obedience
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

My plan is really not a plan, hahaha. I go to the gym as much as I can motivate myself to... Usually once I'm there, I stick to the same stuff though.

Cardio
30 minutes of elliptical plus 5 min cooldown
or
45 minutes of treadmill plus 5 min cooldown (brisk walking, not running - old ACL injury can't deal with running)

then Weights
arm circuit with a workout a personal trainer tailored for me
or
legs (my own workout from when I was rowing)
and
abs (medicine ball roll ups, stuff like that - also from trainer)
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4

I suppose now that I'll be doing my own program design again, I can share!

Like a lot of the other ladies here, I mix things up a lot but keep the same basic premise;

Sunday: 60 minutes (give or take) cardio
Monday: Weights and 20-30 minutes cardio
Tuesday: 60 minutes (give or take) cardio
Wednesday: Weights and 20-30 minutes cardio
Thursday: 60 minutes (give or take) cardio
Friday: Weights and 20-30 minutes cardio
Saturday: Weights and 20-30 minutes cardio

*You'll notice I don't have a built in rest day, but I take them as needed. I travel a lot so generally the days that I am flying somewhere I am unable to get to the gym and use those as days off from training.

For my weight training, I prefer to do full body workouts, making sure to hit everything over the course of a week. I might do more leg stuff one day and more back stuff another, but I plan all my workouts for the coming week each Sunday and make sure it's an even balance.

I also prefer to utilize giant sets, supersets, compound lifts, and other more intense styles of training. I find that I definitely lean out better this way and burn more calories both during AND after my workout, enabling me to do a bit less cardio when not in 'weight loss mode' like I am now.

Cardio on weight training days is usually split up; 5-10 minutes before, during and after weight training.

Cardio on cardio-only days is a mix of whatever I feel like; rowing, running, jacobs ladder climbing, stationary bike riding, elliptical, stair machine, etc. I make sure I'm not phoning it in though; I do sprints, keep my heart rate up, and challenge myself while I'm doing it. Otherwise, what's the point?
I also might add a couple sets of abs after cardio if I feel I haven't hit them much during the week.

** Man, it feels good to go back to MY way of training!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote