Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, plans etc ...for the week of May 17....

If you'd like a place to be accountable, write down your plans for food, exericse, water goals or behaviors, or just a chat - please feel free to join in.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:51 AM   #2  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!! I have decided to take a "mental health" day and stay home from work today! Partly because we had a sick beagle yesterday and every time she woke up last night, I woke up to make sure she was ok....she seems fine, now, but I will feel better if I stay home w/ her today....rather than worry about her all day while I am at work!

So, naps and cheesy movies w/ the beagles for me today!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #3  

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am so grateful to have had eleven healthy days in a row now. I have learned to never take food sanity for granted, ever.

Today am doing some chores and more contacting of summer job places.

I need to get a key made for my car - I've looked everywhere for several weeks and can't find it. The key is $45 .... yikes.

working on-

eat seated only
no seconds
fork down between bites
plan, log, write down, measure
feel fullness
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
exerciise
lots of water
count my calories
leave a bite of food

MJ - enjoy your day home...hope the doggie is better soon.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

good morning, ladies!

Yesterday was a good day, thankfully. The scale is reflecting my overindulgence on Saturday, & I am trying not to let that get me down. There must be some other water retention going on (my muscles are very sore, its TOM, etc) because even though I know I ate extra calories, I know I didn't eat enough Saturday to be up over 2 lbs! I don't think I'm even going to step foot on the scale for a month. I don't want the scale to discourage my efforts. And even if the weights not coming off as quickly as I want, my efforts are worthwhile & I don't want my unrealistic scale expectations to derail me.

I woke up early this morning & did 40 minutes on the elliptical for 3.2 miles. A good way to start the day

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed cauliflower & broccoli
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
pear

Supper
"healthified" cheese & noodles with vegetables
salad

Snack
cheese stick
100 calorie bagel & 1 T. peanut butter

Have a healthy day, all!

Last edited by mingle; 05-17-2010 at 07:56 AM.
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

morning ladies! I havent' been watching as closely as I could cuz I have been SO busy but, I've managed to keep checking in here when I had the time, and I've lost 7 lbs! woot!

breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slice wheat toast
lunch: spaghetti
snack: yogurt
dinner: probably mozzerella sticks *augh* but I'll be out and that's all I can really eat where I'm going.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Good Morning!! Mind if I join you?

I have been at this for a VERY long time (WAY too long) and have just recently found that if I weigh, measure and write it down no matter what I can keep myself from going off plan completely. I lost 10 lbs my first month, but only .2 my 2nd. The last 2 weekends I have slacked on the weekends and undone all my progress from during the week.

So today is the start of Month 3 (and week 9) and I really want to hold myself accountable. So I saw this thread this morning and thought it would be the perfect place to do that!! I am not worrying about my lack of progress last month just focusing on making Month 3 awesome!!

Breakfast:
Green Tea
Slice of bread with 1 Tbsp peanut Butter

Snack: Banana

Lunch:
Whole grain bread
Tuna salad made with: 1/2 can tuna, 1 egg, 1 1/2 tbsp light mayo, tons of fresh spinach

Snack: Apple

Dinner: Not sure yet. Chicken something....

I plan to take a walk if the weather permits!

Last edited by Sandi; 05-17-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good morning friends!

mj5--hope the puppy is feeling well soon.

Beverlyjoy--Ow! $45 is alot for a key but gotta have it, right?

mingle--Wow! great workout first thing in the a.m.--good job!

lottie63--Congrats on the 7# loss--awesome!

Sandi--great to have you join us!

My weekend was good. Want to share one more NSV. While the hubby and I were out running around I got VERY cold. Since I didn't bring my jacket my sweet man graciously offered me his coat he keeps in the truck. Now, my husband smaller than I am and in the past I would not have been able to put his size large coat on. Just not possible when you wear a 2x (20w-22w). But, I thought, I'll give it a try. I might not be able to zip it up but I bet I can at least get my arms in it and that would be better than nothing. Well, guess what friends? It not only fit but I could zip it up and it was roomy.

WOW. If that isn't motivation to keep up the good work I don't know what is.....

BTW, 45 minutes of water aerobics this morning. Tomorrow, lap swimming to practice what I'm learning in group swim lessons. Loving it!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #8  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday chicks!

Well, after another week with no movement and still up in the 308-309s, I have had a hard talk with myself about giving this my 100%. It's obvious I am not doing this with my all, and I will not see results until I do. After eating junk food after 10pm on Saturday night with the niece and nephew, I felt miserable. I ate popcorn, peanut butter filled pretzels, raw veggies and ranch dressing, and a bowl of ice cream. Not the worst, but it was too much and I went over my calories and woke up the next day with a heavy stomach. The worst aspect of everything was just knowing that I could have stuck with the veggies and maybe had a loss instead of no progress.

Sunday I ate light and came in a hundred calories under + did 1hr workout, the scale went from 209 to 308.4 as a result I'm sure. So far today, good.

B: greek yogurt with honey, 1 medium banana (approx 300)
L: 1/2 roasted chicken sub on multigrain with bacon, oil & vinegar, tomatos and onions with mutligrain tortilla chips, salsa, carrots (plain, no dressing) (approx 600)
S: a small bagel with whipped cream cheese (approx 130)
D: cheese ravioli in marinera sauce, large salad (approx 600)
S: something around 300-400

I went to Publix for lunch, and tried to pick out things that were low in fat, sugar and sodium, but high in fiber and protien. I know that if I want to have lasting results I need to pick "power" foods that will help me stay full longer, and help me to be the healthiest I can be. I am really going to try hard to stay under!!

Last edited by rakel; 05-17-2010 at 01:02 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Yesterday was good day...calories were 1606 and I walked around the block with my little guy. Also, I have been doing weight lifting repetitions with some small dumbells the last few days. Today so far:

Breakfast:
Whole Wheat Bagel Thin w/ 2 tblspns ff cream cheese
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
Cofee w/ 2 tablspns creamer

Lunch:
5 oz. Tilapia with garlic
1/2 cup white long grain rice

Plus I have already walked around the block once.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #10  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Hey everybody! last week I DID meet 30 pounds lost, and one more!

yesterday I had my first real slip-up in the 12 weeks I have been doing this. I am very disappointed in myself, and I have no idea what I was thinking... it was a weird day schedule-wise and some delicious stinky cheeses, strawberries w/ nutella and strawberry cider from the farmer's market tempted me just more than I could take.

But today is a new day and I wont' let it bother me as soon as I am done writing it down here. I'm going to go an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon to help, too.

mj5- I hope your beagles feel better! poor babies.

beverly- that sucks!! at least it wasn't $300 like my last car's new key.

mingle- way to go on the elliptical! my faaav machine.

anewcreation- awesome jacket story, I love it.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #11  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone. Good weekend here for me. I didn’t work out this morning and I’m really missing it, but I had to come in to work early and try to get stuff done. I’m taking off on Friday, and I need to get some stuff out of the way. You know how it is.

Anyway, the weekend was good. My son turned 14 and I did have a piece of his birthday cake. But, everything else was on plan and accounted for. Overall, not too bad! I went down by .8 pound, but as long as it is going down, I’m not going to be too upset!

MJ: Good for you for taking some time off for you. That’s needed sometimes!

Beverly: Eleven days is great! You should be proud!

Mingle: I think that’s a good attitude to not let the scale get you down. I struggle with that!

Lottie: 7 pounds is really good! Good for you!

Sandi: Yay! Glad to see you here!

AnewCreation: That’s a great NSV! I have been in the same boat, with my husband being smaller than me. I’m not there yet, but working on it.

Rakel: You did a good job at getting back on track on Sunday. That’s a good accomplishment!

TXMary: Keep going! You’re doing great.

HokieLoki: 30+ pounds gone. That’s great!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Diane: thanks for the encouragement!

HokiLoki: Fantastic accomplishment! Congrats

ANewCreation: Yay! I bet that was awesome. I have yet to experience that, but I know it will be a nice moment!

Today, my husband and I had a talk about food. It's really been an accumulation over the past few months learning about processed food, grain fed beef, etc. We have decided to take the plunge and eliminate as much as possible processed food, food with corn syrup, food with high sugar content, GMOs, carbs, trans fat, as well as corn and soybean products. Somethings this involves purchasing more expensive organic brands, or making some things ourselves homemade. We'll start with that, and then may continue on with organic meat and vegetables, but our main goal is just to get used to a new way of preparing meals that doesn't always involve grains.

I know it's probably taken me longer than it should have to come to this point, but it has helped to learn more about what is in these foods and WHY I shouldn't eat them. It's much easier to just set it aside and forget about it when you think about how your body is using it or not.

We went to the grocery store today and bought a lot of healthy things, quinoa (in place of rice), veggies, flax seed, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Good food, but full of protein, natural vitamins & minerals. I really need to give this my 100%, scratch that, my 110%!

Thanks for all of your support
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #13  

Wink

Hi chicks....I had a good healthy day yesterday - am grateful for that. I got in all my water along with exercises (stretching and strengthening) and a healthy food day. DH brought himself home some dark choc. m&m's. I did have some - swapped it out for my evening fruit! I still stayed in my calories range.

Today I need to take my mom for a doctor's test at the ENT. If she is up to it, we will go to lunch afterwards.

still working on many things:
working on-

eat seated only
no seconds
fork down between bites
plan, log, write down, measure
feel fullness
TASTE the food
slow mindful eating
exerciise
lots of water
count my calories
leave a bite of food

mj - hope you dog is better and you are rested up.

rakel - the talk with dh sounds wonderful and good decison - it good that you made it together and are both 'on board.'

slash - glad you had a good weekend. Down .8 pound - that's three sticks of butter, ya know!! Happy bday to your son.

newcreation - that is such an awesome nsv!!!!! I loved that you shared it. Yes - that will give you a push to keep going. excellent.

hokieloki - you've had a wonderful 12 weeks op and a good loss. Sorry those 'goodies' jumped out and grabbed ya. Hop right back on your plan and you'll be OK. It can happen to anyone. 300 dollars for a key...yikes!

marytx - kudo's for healthy eating and exercise too. Carry on.

sandi- WELCOME!! Glad you posted. Good job on writing it all down. The 'experts' say it's one of the most important things a person can do for long term success in this!

lottie - so glad you checked in...Hi!! Hoooray for that wonderful weight loss.

mingle - yes, don't let that number on the scale mess with your head. Of course, one little indulgence won't cause a two pound loss. Go right back doing what you know works!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-18-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, ladies!

Yesterday was a good day, plan wise. My head still hasn't been in quite the right place, but I'm working on that, too

rakel - i think it's great you & your dh had that discussion. And wonderful that you're both on board!

lottie - great job on the 7 pound loss!!!

Sandi - hi!

ANewCreation - congrats on your NSV!!

TXMary - great job on the calories & walks!!

Hokie - great job on the 30+ pound loss!!! Woot!

slashnl - Great work on the loss & on staying under control during a birthday weekend!

Beverlyjoy - good job yesterday!!

As for me, today I got up & did a Slim in 6 circuit training dvd for 40 minutes. And I'm determined to have a healthy food day, too!

Breakfast
oatmeal
banana

Lunch
Healthy Choice dinner
steamed broccoli & cauliflower
apple
yogurt

Snack
yogurt
pear

Supper
chicken bruschetta bake
steamed veggies

Snack
light cheese stick
1 slice light bread & 1 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderfully healthy day, all!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends! Sandi, it's lovely to have you posting with us.

I've decided that it's much easier to stay on-plan when I don't have to cook for the family! My husband has always been the cook, but he's gone back to school in the evenings and on the weekends. So, Mama has to cook. I despise cooking! And, I'm left with most of the care of the kids and the house, too, after my 8 hour work day. This has never been the way we do things in our home. How do women do this all of the time? I'm exhausted! Well, enough whining. I need to do what I need to do.

Calorie counting is off-again, on-again...depending on the day. I'm still trying to eat healthy. Exercise? Well......let's just say that I really need to work on that.

Have a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 05-18-2010 at 08:00 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote