Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Wow, everyone, thanks so much for the very warm welcome!! You all are such an inspiration. Some of you are right around my goal weight or nearly there or near YOUR goal weight. I am lapping that all up.

Bayzee – what IS a typical day of eating for you? When going to someone’s house or among friends or family where I know lots of munching will happen, I’ve been known to bring a big veggie platter. Then I don’t feel guilty when I’m stuffing my face!

Turbomammoth – Yep, everything tastes super good for me when I’m out or at someone else’s house for food, too! And awww…reindeer kitteh is cute! And oh, that blondie fudge looks yummy!

Ohtheplaces – you look fantastic in that dress!

Domlacha – Good luck with the happy hour! That’s something I can never resist. I LOVE going out for drinks with friends! I usually try to just get a glass of red wine and sip it slowly!

Jossfit – I had that feeling today of eating too much and it not being that good anyway. Ugh, I ate a personal-sized frozen pizza and ugh, I wasn’t even that hungry. Now feel bloated and gross. Go you, losing the 2 pounds! Thank you for your lifting advice. I’ve been contemplating getting the New Rules for Lifting for Women. I’ve heard a LOT of good stuff about it.

Mottaini – wow, so envying your trip to Japan! I’ve always wanted to visit there.

Krampus – aww…sorry your friend is moving, that really sucks. One of my buddies moved this summer and she was a neighbor, too, and I really miss her just stopping by and bringing a bottle of wine over and us talking/watching stuff.

Leilajey – thank you! I am technically very close to a normal BMI. And I’m thinking in SMALL increments at a time. So technically my next goal is only 2 pounds away, lol! (More tomorrow because I bet I really bloated up today, :-p)
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #182  

Height: 5'4

Warning... pity party for one!

I babysat my roommate's kiddo tonight (just put her in bed) and it was sort of depressing! haha We had fun and we watched Madagascar 3 because I hadn't seen it yet so that was fine, but I feel like such a LOSER tonight! Normally it doesn't bother me, and I know I'm doing a huge favor for my roommate, but I wish I were out partying it up and having fun tonight instead of being at home, on a Saturday, alone, in my sweats with no makeup on.

I just miss my husband and it's hard sometimes. I don't want to go out and do the bar scene without him (it's not my thing anyway) and it seems like every social event is based around food and alcohol so I sort of limit those anyway. I end up saving my 'cheat' nights for holidays and when I see him, so when I'm at home I don't do much.

Again, normally I'm okay with that and I find non-food related things to do with my friends or plan ahead and choose the restraunt and what I'll be eating ahead of time. I think it's just the fact that on Thursday night and tonight I did my roommate's makeup for her and helped her get her outfits together and she and her boyfriend are out with the rest of our friends enjoying holiday parties and drinking and eating deliciousness. I'm here, just waiting for each day to end so that I can be a bit closer to starting my vacation and seeing my husband.

I know it's a CHOICE, but at the end of the day I choose to live this lifestyle and keep myself in shape. I've done the partying and all that, and I wasn't happy with myself. I feel like I have a good balance but it's just hard waiting to have to see my husband every few weeks to get dressed up and go out for dates.

Anyway, even more pathetic is that I spent the last hour or two convincing myself not to snack on all the cookies and chocolates in the house. The kiddo was munching on some popcorn during the movie, and I so badly wanted to say "screw it" and snack munch right along with her. That's what people do when they watch movies at home in their sweats, right?

I didn't though, because I know I would regret it and I worked so dang hard over the last week to lose that 2 pounds and I would REALLY love to take off a bit more prior to Christmas if I can. I know I'll be happy when I wake up in the morning bloat and guilt free.

For now though, I've got visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Okay, not sugar plums... s'mores, sugary cereal, hot cocoa with LOTS of booze in it, and homemade oatmeal butterscotch chocolate chip cookies. Semantics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olehcat - That's how I feel about eating right now! I know it wouldn't be 'worth it' after all was said and done. Well, EATEN and done, rather.

Definitely check out NROLFW. Another good one is to look up Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer and check out her beginner program. I'm not sure exactly what your goals/ideal body shape is but if you like a slightly more athletic look that would be another way to go.

Bayzee - You had me at eggplant parmesan. I'll take the eggplant in any form, parmesan ANYTHING is fantastic... put them together? Om nom nom... I hope you enjoy your night out! Have a heaping helping of fun for me!

I tend to eat the same or similar things each day too. It changes periodically, but basically I'll try a new recipe and add it to my 'rotation' for a while until I stumble upon something else. Right now my meals look pretty much like this;

1: baked oatmeal/quinoa with some sort of nut butter on top, or a protein pancake of some sort, or a big egg and veggie scramble
2: chocolate protein shake and an apple
3: greek yogurt or cottage cheese with pumpkin puree and flax seeds
4: chicken caesar salad
5: chicken or turkey with broccoli and some sort of cheese
6: some sort of seafood (tiliapia or shrimp) or turkey brats with veggies

Of course the specifics change as far as seasonings, flavorings, and preparation techniques, but basically that's what I've been doing lately. All my meals are so dang tasty that I just get hooked on them!

Turbo - It does make sense... I totally understand what you mean. I have the best of intentions but in reality I'm probably still going to eat a crap ton of food and drink way too much and gain 98 pounds. I'm doing my best to stay on track in the meantime at least!

Nice drop on the scale! I feel the same today; I'm not at my ideal, but it's better than it WAS, so I'll take it!

Hope you have fun tonight too! (Sheesh, I really am pathetic... I'm the only one at home!)

OhThePlaces - I LOVE your little cocktail dress, and you look beautiful in it! You and your husband are such an attractive couple!

LOL you've inspired me... the next time I try karaoke I'm doing Salt and Peppa's What a Man! I know every single syllable in that song!

Domlacha - It was nice to see a drop today, but in all honesty I'm not surprised I've gained weight up until now. I know EXACTLY why I was gaining... I was eating too much! Very rarely do I get surprised by what I see - If I eat like crap, I gain. If I eat well, I lose. My body is pretty predictable as long as I do what I'm supposed to.

I'm going to choose to believe that you DID hit your 146.something and that the scale crapping out afterward is completely unrelated. Did you go get new batteries for it?
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #183  

joss -- I'm also feeling a bit self-pitying right now as well. While the rest of the world is out having and attending holiday parties, I'm at home with my two cats. Sad, really. I have a fairly decent social life, but lately things have been a bit sluggish. A lot of my friends live out of state. I'm newly divorced and while I'm good friends with my ex, he lives out of the country. Ah, well, fewer holiday parties means fewer chances to really screw up my diet, right? Go you on the willpower on not snacking. You'll feel so good tomorrow knowing that you made that decision.

As far as what I want with my body, I want to look slender. I don't really wan to look athletic. Well, put it this way. My legs need no help. They are sturdy and muscular (disproportionately big compared to the rest of my body which is actually small in feature). My arms and waist are tiny and I'd like them to stay that way. I want strength but under the surface if that makes any sense. I'd LOVE a flat stomach, but don't know if that's in my genetic code. Even when I've been at a very low weight, I've always had a bit of a stomach pooch.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #184  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

, thats as close as I could get to me banging my head against a wall. I was called into work tonight and ended up eating a crap ton of stuff that I didn't want or need. But I was craving so many carbs!!!! My TOM will be coming in the next few days and all I want to do is chew!

JossFit Sorry you're feeling like a bum. You're not the only one who didn't go out on a saturday. I opted to go to work instead of to a friends boxing match. I thought I'd save calories because I wouldn't be going out drinking after but that didn't work out in my favor. Hang in there you'll get to see your hubby soon.
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #185  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Driving by this Sunday morning!
HeeHee... yes, I am the kind of girl who has cookies for breakfast. If I want them after my cut off at night, I'll tell myself that if I still want them in the morning, I can have them. I usually do still want them, but I end up eating less AND I have the entire day to work them off.

Church Christmas party was awwwwesome! We're a fairly progressive bunch of Presbyterians and the night ended with an after party at a bar near the pastor's house. I wore a drapey sleeveless dress that made me feel all girly and fun. (I am NOT usually a girly girl)

Ended up meeting Mr. Great Catch (the guy I was debating about) in the city yesterday. We walked the High Line and went to Eataly for tiny cups of coffee. Had a great time. No decisions need to be made right now.

Joss ~ Good for you for sticking to your original food choices. You're an inspiration as usual, girl.

Ohtheplaces ~ BEAUTIFUL dress and STUNNING couple.

((((Dom, Krampus, Turbo, Mottainai, Bayzee, anyone else I forgot))))

Back for personals later!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #186  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Just a quick check in!

Okay, a ''everyone's bringing something to eat'' buffet kinda style is really always the same : we were 6 and we had food for 15. But everything was sooooo good and I really overate... I'm sooo happy I skipped lunch.

I'm up to 139.4 this morning but I am REALLY happy with it, I was expecting to be at least 141-142. I did not poop yesterday, so it is probably not helping...

I think for the remaining of December, I'm gonna focus on doing the best I can and not hitting myself everytimes I over do it a bit.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #187  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

Last night was eat and drink fest. I knew it would be...Eggplant parm, 4 drinks, some of hubby's dessert (chocolate mousse cake) then about 1/4 cup of mixed nuts and cocktail shrimp. Oh well...back OP today and I didn't weigh-in.

Joss...I eat pretty much the same as you.

I aim for 2 servings of fruit, 100g or more of protein, 2 servings of plain, probiotic yogurt (fat-free or 2%) some fats (natural nut butters, nuts, avocado and olive/flaxseed oil) and all the veggies I can handle per day (about 4 cups per day).

Breakfast..Plain, high protein, probiotic greek yogurt (with berries or peanut butter) or eggs (1 whole Omega-3 egg with 3 whites scrambled or with veggie in an omelette).

Snack...greek yogurt (plain, high protein, probiotic) with berries (if I didn't have it for breakfast) or 1 fruit (apple, clementine or pear) with 17 plain almonds (yes, I count them).

Lunch...protein (chicken, lean beef or tuna) with roasted veggies or in a salad. I like making a greek chicken salad or buying one near my work that's so yummy but expensive But it's convenient on days I don't have groceries in the house.

Snack...greek yogurt (plain, high protein, probiotic) and 1/2 of a small avocado.

Dinner...protein (chicken, lean beef or fish) with 2 different veggies. Sometimes an omelette with veggies if I didn't have them for breakfast.

Don't worry about the blues...it's the time of year. I am feeling it too. Family lives out of town, people are eating and drinking their faces off and it's hard to balance your goals and enjoy the festivities. I'm trying too to watch my spending. Even going out for dinner last night made me feel a bit guilty because I set a goal for spending each week, and then it gets thrown out the window. It's very hard to stick with any goals during the holidays. Today I just feel like Christmas music and baking goodies...but I won't

Oh..and you are so lucky with your TOMs...I get it all; bloat, back pain, cramps and headaches. I have a prescription med for my pain..no joke!

Olecat...In my experience and opinion, clean eating is the key to losing belly fat. It's 80% then exercise is 20%. I've added more weights to my workouts, and I notice a big difference. I enjoy kettlebells.

Dom...Don't worry about yesterday...today in a new a day. TOM plays havoc with my cravings too.

Last edited by Bayzee; 12-16-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #188  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

For some reason I decided to go ahead and put up a tree this year, even though I won't be home for Christmas. My cat has decided: YAY giant tree shaped cat toy! She's climbed it at least three times (bending several of the branches) and keeps trying to eat all the ornaments.

I woke up this morning with a sore/swollen throat, a terrible backache, and SUPER uber crabbiness. Not a good sign when I'm gonna be traveling next weekend.

I'm so behind on the chat! I'm definitely going to get some personals written later this week.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #189  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys. It was nice to feel comfortable in my skin at his annual Christmas Party. I remember at a couple of them feeling so self conscious as one of the fat wives (30 or 40 lbs heavier!) and this year I looked around realized that I was on the thinner side... it was pretty surreal.

TurboMammoth, thank you! The dress is black with a dark silver/black lace overlay. Also, woohoo for staying in the 130s, even after a night of eating delicious food!

Bayzee, woohoo for a low number on the scale, even if wine dehydration helped! I'm planning to change up my gym workouts in the new year for the same reasons you mentioned. I'm glad you enjoyed your eggplant parm and night out!

JossFit, I haven't been around long enough to hear the backstory (if you've chosen to share it)... How long have you and your husband lived separately? I imagine that must be really hard! I'm assuming your stationed in two different places? I totally feel you on missing out on social events because the calories you would consume aren't worth it. I'm hoping to get to indulge a bit more once I'm at maintenance, but right now I'm really focused on losing these last few pounds and it stinks to have to say NO so often.

As for Whatta Man, the problem was that I didn't know the lyrics... but after that humiliation I know every word!

olehcat, I hear you on having a sluggish social life! We moved here 10 months ago and I really haven't met many friends. I used to have a ton of friends, but it's harder now. I have two young children (3 and almost 2) and teach part-time... the rest of my time is spent at the gym, hanging out with the babies, or with my husband. I definitely miss girl time these days.

Domlacha, sorry to hear that you ate so much at work... PMS cravings are a real B***.

Alexistrophic, your church group sounds awesome and yay for feeling girly and cute! Glad the date with Mr. Great Catch went so well and that you aren't feeling the pressure to make a decision about where to go from here.

I had a good Sunday. My husband wanted to go eat at our favorite BBQ restaurant after church, but I convinced him to save the money and eat lunch at home instead... I act like it's about the money, but I really can't trust myself to resist the huge portions there. Then I ran some errands with my one year old, including hitting up the 40% off sale at Express and getting another pair of size 4 skinny jeans... woop! The problem with losing weight is that most of my clothes look baggy and sloppy on me... I guess it's not a bad problem to have, I just wish I had more money to shop!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #190  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

I was planning on writing this in the morning but now it's 1am.. well.. in the morning. The wrong morning. Hi there!

137.6 this morning so that's a bit better but you know I realised I hit this kind of weight in August.. AUGUST. What the **** have I been doing? At least I've maintained and I did get down to 134. As soon as I hit the 130s though it's been so slow.. before that I was losing a few pounds every month. Trying to keep maintaining this until I get some more energy, I'm ashamed to say I haven't worked out since that dog chasing incident from a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something or just down but I have no energy or motivation. It's not pure laziness (some laziness of course), I feel really weak. I need a new brain/body.

I also realised that I'd been doing a lot of over eating/restricting. Not in a really severe way but I realise that it wasn't healthy to try and eat as little as possible some days just because I over ate the day before. It would lead to lower scale numbers the next day sure but then that of course always sets me off to over eat so completely pointless in the end.

Waiting for the days to start getting longer.

Lindt truffles for breakfast though, **** yeah. I also ate the *** half of a chocolate Santa. I don't think I actually over ate today though considering that. I had fruit and porridge for 2 meals and an omelette (mostly egg whites) with lots of beetroot, olives, salad and some cottage cheese. I'm still trying to keep it in my head that I can eat what I like as long as it's healthy but um.. Santa's chocolate ***.. umm..

OhThePlaces You looked really great at the party, I'm glad you had a nice time! It's amazing how much can change in a year, isn't it? I always think about that quote "in a year from now you'll be glad you started today".
I'm also having that problem with clothes being baggy (well not this week exactly), which is a funny problem to have but after all of our hard work we should be able to show it off. I have lots of tight clothes too though

TheBunneh Aww bold kitty! I hope you feel better soon, that does not sound nice hopefully it'll be gone by the weekend.

Bayzee mmm chocolate mousse cake sounds good. It's dangerous to order dessert with my boyfriend as he usually only takes a few bites and gives it to me so I end up with 2. I'm not going to risk not ordering one just in case though haha, dessert's an important part of the meal as far as I'm concerned.

Turbo Hooray for staying in the 130s! Sometimes I'm terrified I'm going to stand on the scale and see 176 after a bad weekend.
And yeah, no need to be so hard on yourself. Maintenance doesn't mean 1 exact weight and it's normal to go up a bit at this time of the year. We just have to keep a certain amount of control but I think stressing so much about a few pounds that we can't enjoy ourselves isn't the way. Agh, finding balance with this is hard for me too.
Hope you poop!

Alexistrophic I approve of your breakfast choices! I had Lindt truffles for breakfast. Breakfast of champions! Sounds like you're having fun anyway.

Domlacha Hope you're feeling a bit better now. TOM cravings get me everytime, I'm like a bottomless pit.

olehcat Yeah pizza is not bloat friendly.. oh man I love pizza so much.
Hooray for 2lbs! It's good to have mini goals, I think it puts people off when they just think about the full amount they have to lose and think they can't. Every pound is a victory.

Joss You're my hero for resisting popcorn. I really can't resist stuffing a handful or two in my piehole if I get the chance. Well done for resisting anything actually, I know it feels like crap to fight with yourself about not eating crap but you won and that's amazing. I swear I give in half the time just so I don't have to keep thinking the same thing. Then of course I feel guilty but aghh.. ok now I sound crazy.

I'm sorry you're feeling like that, I know it must suck to be away from your husband so much especially at this time of the year. No reason to feel like a loser though. And I'm a firm believer in wearing nice clothes just for the **** of it. Sometimes when I'm stuck at home I'll still stick on something that makes me feel good, because I'm doing it for myself and nobody else.

And yeah, only 5,000 calories on Christmas? That's just the appetizers baby. I'm just getting started.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #191  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

LeilaJey, if it makes you feel any better, I was right around this weight back in July 2011... yeah, a year and a half I've been bouncing around the 130s, 140s, then back to the 130s. Frustrating for sure!

Well after two days of thinking about the open tube of Pilsbury peanut butter cookie dough (half-eaten, thanks to my hubby) I caved and had a bit... I'm estimating two cookies worth, so around 300 calories... It wasn't a binge, so even though I went over my calories, I'm not feeling too guilty. Gym in the morning!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hi guys!

I'm still having the time of my life over here. Absolutely love meeting my husband's family and hanging out with them and running around Japan.

I decided pretty early on to just forget about exercising, and I've totally given up on all my usual eating patterns and rules-- and I feel so freaking fantastic. Never better.

Pictures coming! I tried on some yukata and kimonos today. (;

Love to everyone!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #193  

Just a quick fly-by this morning (ack, I just remembered I have an early morning doc appointment and so I have to leave the house earlier than usual!)

I ate poorly this past weekend, and I paid for it with stomach cramps all night. When will I learn?

Leilajay - know what you mean about it all seeming so slow. I have been in the 140s for EVER it seems like. I haven't seen a 130-something number since last December! D: I got SO close on Friday, but I know after this weekend that my weight is up. *sigh*

Ohtheplaces - yeah, so many of my friends live in other places. One thing I've found helpful is joining a meet-up group that is called Ladies Night Out, and there are a lot of social events and dinners. The problem is, people come and go, and there's not always a lot of consistency, and I can't seem to find solid friends out of it, just acquaintances that are fun to socialize with occasionally. Ah, well. I'm very lucky to have the friends that I do in my life, even if they live in other places!

@Bayzee - thanks for your meal plan! It's similar to what I do when I DO eat clean, *sigh* - if I were more consistent, then I would be lighter than I am right now. Weekends kill me, though.

Last edited by olehcat; 12-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #194  

Height: 5'4

Its Monday. Yucky-poo. At least since it's the week prior to Christmas things are very relaxed and our schedules have been cut in half. I'm only working until noon every day this week except Tuesday... I have that day completely off! SWEET!!

I got my hot stone massage yesterday and I am a bit sore today! It had been way too long since I saw my massage therapist, but between all my traveling in November and then she and her family moving into a new house, we didn't get together for like 6 weeks which is a long time for me. Good thing I didn't get deep tissue yesterday or I would have been really sore! She got some holiday scented massage lotions so I chose the Pumpkin Spice, and we put on Christmas music and bull$hitted while she did the treatment... not a bad way to spend part of a dreary Sunday in December if you ask me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olehcat - I almost *wish* that eating poorly would give me stomach cramps, but unless I REALLY overdo it (like super stuff my face all day long and EAT THE WORLD) I feel just fine. Maybe it would be more of a deterrent for me! hahaha I've actually been doing really well though; on plan for just a hair over 3 weeks now. I can't believe I might actually make it to my goal of eating clean and on plan from Thanksgiving until Christmas! (Well, close enough... Thanksgiving trip until Christmas Eve)

I hope your doctor's appointment goes well!

Thanks for the description about your ideal body type. If you post some example pictures, I may be able to suggest some good workout routines for you.

I TOTALLY know what you mean about friends out of town. I am in the military and my family is from Washington, but my parents and little brother now live in Texas and my older brother lives in Colorado. My best friend is in Utah, My husband is in Colorado... We're all over the place! I do have some good friends here, but honestly a lot of the friends in this area (North Carolina) have fallen away. When I first got stationed here I was single and not on my game with my fitness; I was partying and drinking and dating a lot more but now I'm a lot more conscious of what I put in my body and am married. It's amazing how many people run away when you get engaged and stop wanting to go out to the bars every weekend.

Mottainai - Glad you're having fun!!

OhThePlaces - I love cookie dough (c'mon, who doesn't?) but I'm much more apt to go for the chocolate chip or something that has some chunks of deliciousness in it. I don't know that I've ever had straight up peanut butter cookie dough. I probably shouldn't try in case I love it!

It really is amazing the difference losing 30-40 pounds makes. I met my husband when I was about 155 lbs or so (Just a guess, I didn't weigh myself then) and I look like a different person. Pants I was wearing when we met have all been donated to charity; I literally put them on and they fall to the floor! He loved me then and loves me now, but sometimes looking back I am a bit embarassed I let myself gain so much weight (and that wasn't nearly my heaviest) and I'm definitely proud of how far I've come!

Speaking of the hubby; he was stationed here in NC when we met, and in the summer of 2011 he got orders to Colorado. We decided to keep dating long distance for as long as it worked for us and we'd just take it a day at a time. I deployed and when I came back in September of 2011 I went to visit him and he proposed. We got married in July of this year, and I will be moving out to Colorado in July of next year... but basically our entire engagement and marriage so far has been long distance. It can be hard just because we miss eachother, but we never fight, we have no trust/jealousy issues, and we see eachother as often as we can.

It's not ideal, but it's not a deal-breaker either.

Leila - I apologize for writing like a huge cliche, but really, at least you haven't been gaining weight since August! Sure, it fluctuates but what that says is that you can fairly easily maintain in this weight range. If you choose to buckle down and really focus and hit it hard you know you can, but you also know that if you slack off a bit and eat too much you aren't going to balloon back up to your highest weight. That bit of knowledge should be a bit comforting, no?

I am looking at the end of the year and it dawned on me that I've basically done the same thing (although I really didn't have any more weight to lose.) BUT, this time last year I was at about 118 pounds, got down as low as 113 pounds during the year and as high as 125 (maybe??) just recently, but I would REALLY like to end this year where I started it as opposed to heavier. Unfortunately, due to availabily of scales and my traveling my last WI for the year is this coming Saturday and I doubt I'll lose another 2 pounds by then. Oh well, more muscle! Thats what I tell myself... haha

mmm, chocolate Santa booty... I'd eat Santa's chocolate anything right about now. I've not had a single holiday indulgence yet! I regularly work chocolate and things like that into my meal plan, but I haven't had anything super Christmas-y like that, if that makes sense. What kind of Lindt Truffles were they? I have been known to buy the bags of the mixed flavors; white, dark, and milk chocolate, and proceed to EAT IT ALL at once. I really really love those dang truffles.

TheBunneh - I feel like we are asking for it when we bring trees into a house with animals. If it's a REAL tree it's especially tempting for them because it smells like outside AND has sparkly $hit all over it. I know it's frustrating but I can totally understand why they love them so much! Lets just hope your kitty stays away from chewing on the lights... we don't need a National Lampoon's incident.

Do you feel any better today?

Bayzee - If that had been me recounting the dinner I had, it wouldn't have said *some* of hubby's dessert, it would have said "All of my dessert plus most of my hubby's"... haha. I'm with Leila, for me dinner is an excuse to order dessert. Heck, leave dinner out of it if you must but don't take my sweets!

I'm sort of glad that you can relate about this time of year. I'm happy to be staying on plan, but I do feel like I'm missing out a bit. I KNOW that I don't want to gain a ton of weight and then have to work hard to get it off again, because there is never an optimal time... there is always another vacation coming up or an event to go to, and I don't want to keep battling the same pounds over and over again. I want to get back to where I was before and maintaining more or less. I hate being in "weight loss mode" even though I did it to myself.

Turbo - From the outsider's prospective, it doesn't look like you have been beating yourself up too much for the little indulgences here and there up until now anyway, but I'm happy to see that you don't plan on it!

Oh, and congratulations on NOT gaining a ton from your potluck dinner! That had to have been a pleasant surprise!

Alexis - I certainly don't FEEL like an inspiration lately, and I don't really aim to be, but thank you so much for the encouragement anyway. Sometimes I feel like I'm super neurotic, and "why can't I just loosen up and eat XYZ?" but I know that if I did that every time I wanted something I wouldn't be able to maintain my weight... as evidenced by the past few months! haha

Good to see you have fun on your night out! I had to LOL at your "progressive Presbyterians" comment... I am not religious and generally the whole topic makes me uncomfortable. I'm not some huge delinquent but I do feel like I might burst into flames if I walked into a church.

Any pictures of your fun, drapey, girly girl dress??

Domlacha - Yes ma'am, I'm counting down the days until I get to see the old ball and chain. Only 6 more days! I've been so fortunate to see him quite a bit lately... it's almost starting to feel like we're married. haha

Ugh, tough break about the carb fest at work. I've said it before and I'll say it again; it SUCKS when you try to limit your indulgences and are working so hard toward a goal only to end up splurging (calorie-wise) on a less-than-special event or food. I somehow end up doing that all the time lately and need to get back to how I normall behave (though I've been doing super well lately); treats are for special occasions!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #195  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Happy f-ing Monday Feathers. I'm so bloated my flats are pinching my feet! Hahahaha. Oh well, I went to the gym this morning and brought a fantastic salad for lunch. I guess if I care about getting back to normal I'll behave in a manner that encourages my 4 lbs of bloat to beat it, right? It helped to hit up Trader Joe's while I was still drunk from Saturday night (my bf drove, don't worry) and buy a huge amount of veggies, tempeh, and other healthy groceries. Eating well is so much easier when you're excited about your choices.

The weather here is crap, icy piddly rain. Yesterday I was HUNG OVER from Saturday (I drank so much that I texted my bf on his work phone that I wanted to marry him, oops) all day. Went over to Ryan's (friend who is moving away) for football and there were wings. We headed to our regular hangout pub in the evening and my bf (also hung over) and I split a burger and an order of onion petals (fried, very good). The burger sucked so I still wanted to keep eating, but I didn't. Ryan moves today - very sad since he and my roommate were just getting comfy with each other.

Saturday I had a wonderfully healthy and relaxing day, but I drank a lot at night at a last minute wedding (the groom called my bf to say he was getting married at 4 PM on Friday!) and then at my friend's karaoke birthday party afterward. It was all pretty fun and I stayed at my friend's parents' house in a nice spare bed in my own room there, while my bf crashed on the hardwood floor at the wedding venue. I won!

Anyway hope everyone's just about ready if you're celebrating Christmas - I'm certainly far from it, but my roommate and I got our tree yesterday at BIG LOTS of all places, and the tree + extra lights and a bunch of ornaments cost us $80. Not bad - and it was even one of the more expensive models. Tonight we are going to the holiday concert at my old high school and then trimming the tree at home. I'll put photos up...we got the tackiest possible fake tree and I can't wait.

JossFit I'm sorry you had a tough time on Saturday night dealing with non-hunger food cravings. That feeling of "everyone in the world is having fun and I'm stuck here" is a tough one to deal with because it's so obviously illogical but so intense, too. You will be happily reunited with your husband soon and like you said your lifestyle is your choice. If being fit and healthy gets old-hat I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to let yourself go and gorge on candy until none of your pants fit :P

I am really interested in hot stone massage and might sign myself up for a session if I can find time! Pumpkin spice, Christmas music and bullshit sounds perfect.

olehcat You know, if getting a stomachache deterred people permanently from eating stuff they know will result in discomfort later, we wouldn't be human and 3FC wouldn't exist. Change stinks and you get used to it but I certainly am mad about my friend moving.

mottainai OMG I can't wait to see pictures. Glad you are having an amazing time. Japan is AWESOME!

LeilaJey LOLOLOL if we are playing the numbers game, I hit 129 on the way down for the first time in February or March...but I am still fitter now than I was then. I think a little "self love talk" is in order for all of us. It is really blowing my mind how FAT I feel at 129 now when I was BESIDE MYSELF with excitement to be under 130 the first time I ever dipped below that milestone. mmmmmm chocolate!!!

OhThePlaces You are teeny and look gorgeous, that dress suits you really well and your husband is reeeeeeally good looking too Well done! Buying new small pants is always a wonderful feeling - do Express pants usually run big, small, middle in terms of vanity sizing? I'm sure the cookie dough was inconsequential - stopping at 2 cookies' worth screams "self control."

Domlacha ARGHHHH TOM is such a pain when it comes to cravings and feeling like you can eat 20 slices of pizza without ever feeling full. hang in there!

TheBunneh Noo don't get sick! What kind of tree do you have? We never had a "real" tree at home when my family had a cat because, well, he would have just gotten into the water and drank it all or made a mess in some other way.

Alexistrophic Hooray for laid back fun with Mr. Nice Catch and double hooray for celebrating Christmas with cool church people while feeling girly and pretty in a swishy dress. I hope there will be photos of said dress! Why does coffee feel so fancy in a tiny cup?

TurboMammoth WOOHOO you and I are rounding out the "HE MAN BIG EATERS" club nicely, potluck parties (everyone brings a dish) are my complete and utter downfall. What all did people bring? Sometimes it is totally worth it to grossly overeat at social functions, other times it's less worth it but still fun - sounds to me like for you, in this case, it was allllllll fun. I loved the photos of your baking (and the cats)! Still jealous of the angles in your face :P

Have you celebrated New Year's Eve in Montreal before? Everyone has different ideas of what constitutes "fun" but my bf and I are going this year and looking at options. We like to dance and hate pretentious/snobby parties, and both of us could be considered "cheap" in that we don't like wasting money.

Bayzee mmmmmmmmmmmmm eggplant parm! Sounds delicious and worth it, were you able to keep the chips at a safe distance? I am glad you feel less like you're dieting and more like "this is what I eat now." I checked out your menu - I eat a ton of Greek yogurt too!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote