Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #31  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Astrild - I'm late coming to this but hopefully I can clear up some things

- Marks & Spencers bras run small in the cup so you really might need to go up to a 30E/F in them (especially with spillage). Their sizing is horrible (a well-known lingerie blogger talks about her experience there in this post and they got sizing WAY off for her: http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/ta...s-bra-fitting/)

- 28's and 30's are NOT for juniors. That's the whole reason we started the Bra Band Project: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...t-is-live.html I'm 30 years old and need a 28 band, sometimes even a 26 band depending on brand!!!!

- The adding four inches is an outdated method. The reason it was around because vintage bras do not have nearly as much stretch as modern bras so women had to go up 4". Now-a-days all bras have a ton of stretch and some women even need to go down a back size from their underbust measurements.

- It's hard to see the correct cup size in too big bands. So while your 36Bs might appear to fit in the cups now, once you get to the correct band size you might find a lot of fit issues in identical cup sizes.

- If you're looking for cheap bras check out Brastop and Figleaves (figleaves has a coupon code for 20% off), I also have a ton of other bra resources on my blog. If you're looking for a place with free international shipping Large Cup Lingerie has that.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, try on bras during days when you don't have PMS/you're not ovulating because that can often make your breasts 1-2 cup sizes larger.

Also, make sure to bend forward and scoup all your breast tissue into the cups because you can very well have lots of breast tissue migration (i.e. back/under arm fat) from wearing ill-fitting bras for years. Basically, it means that your bands were too loose, and your cups too small so the breast tissue is forced to the sides/back. Don't stress about it becuase a well-fitting bra can fix that!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #32  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
Finding a bra after weight loss has been absolutely the hardest and most annoying thing. I lost all of my weight in my boobs, then I got breast augmentation. My friends do not believe me when I tell the, how hard it is to find bras and swimsuits that fit, because I am now a 32G or 30H. Even though my letter is "big", I don't have these ginormous bosoms!!! LOL

The difference between my rib cage and my bust is large....that is why I am a G/H. Finding a bathing suit has almost been worse. I finally found a strapless bikini top to vary my tan lines, and I had to buy an XL top and then actually tie the back instead of hook it. All of the smaller sizes that would fit my rib age wouldn't even cover my nips. Ha ha! Scandalous.
Have you read ByBaby's Rules blog? http://bybabysrules.com/ She has augmented breasts and is close to your size range so it might be a good read.

In terms of good bathing suits check out Freya, Fantasie, Panache, and Curvy Kate. They all have very cute options in your size.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #33  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
At the same weight, when I first lost I was a 34B. I got measured at VS as a 32B and a fancy bra shop as a 30B, but the fancy bra shop person measured me really tight and when she put me in a 32 B bra at the smaller "nook" (closest they had to a 30B) I was seriously spilling out from the sides and back, even after some adjustments. She said "its ok its not fat, it fits you" but I was like hmmm i don't know because I really don't put much of my weight there, esp now. I have a pretty solid back and it takes a lot of cinching to get spillage. Don't think that I am a 30B...
oh well I always wear sports bras anyways. BAH.
What are your measurements? I can help to fit you online, or at least give you a good starting point. I wouldn't trust Victoria's Secrets AT ALL. I have a post on them here: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...-to-teens.html but long story short their fit advice is about the worst out there!!!

Sounds like you probably need a 30D+ if you have that much spillage. What is your underbust measurement/bust measurement?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #34  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Running- thank you. I found a suit online that is a tankini, but it's still not "right". The cups are like a real bra, so the size is perfect. But the darn tank part is still huge. I don't know why they think someone wearing a 32 would have a larger torso underneath that measurement???
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #35  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
Running- thank you. I found a suit online that is a tankini, but it's still not "right". The cups are like a real bra, so the size is perfect. But the darn tank part is still huge. I don't know why they think someone wearing a 32 would have a larger torso underneath that measurement???
It actually depends. There are definitely women who have larger natural waists than underbusts (I'm one of them). In my underbust survey: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...ing-sizes.html I found that most women have their natural waist within +/- 3" of their underbust but there are definitely women with a much larger difference (in both direction).

I have to admit, I've never had luck with one-pieces or tankinis because they don't fit my entire body (long torso) so I stick to bikinis because there are less parameters to fit (and I can buy a different size bottoms than tops).

I wish I had a good suggestion but I never buy tankinis so I couldn't even recommend anything.