Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
Oh well, just patience and all. But if only I were a bit taller! LOL

No, I dont want to be taller but I want to eat more. Currently, 1200 a day my max. OK, we have to be patient.
PrincessSophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #17  
threenorns

i'm five two and a bit - when i was 24, i had to eat 4500cal/day to hold my weight at 125.

that's bodybuilding with a seriously OCD coach for ya (six days a week at the gym, two workouts a day).

i'm kind of hoping to get a lot of that back - it's so nice being able to open my own pickle jars, lol.

Last edited by threenorns; 03-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
LOL Sontaikle..posting the same thing at the same time. I'm guessing our experiences are similar, b/c I know you really ate well (still do) and put a lot of effort into working your body in many different ways at the gym. It wasn't just a simple calorie deficit. Speaking just for myself, I truly revolutionized my whole way of eating and living.
Hm I eat well too (well I think I do-other than 1 packet of diet hot chocolate on work days, I'm mainly paleo but I don't eat as much fat as I see in a lot of paleo diets and more vegetables than fruit). Hmph. Maybe I can try to increase my cals and see what happens-but I do have a special event in mid-June, which I try to tell myself its not about the special event, so don't get too hung up on it, but its so hard not to.

Last edited by pixelllate; 03-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I wonder if I'm an outlier or something. I need to eat over 2000 to maintain.

It's really, really individual. I find that to be extremely inaccurate and from what I see around here it's also not that accurate.

For some it does work though.
I really really hope that its not me. Because even doing hte calculations for moderately-high active (with whats going on in my life, thats the most I can manage for now) I would easily outeat my cals, even if I ate it back in veggies
Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #20  

If it makes you feel any better I am (quite) tall, I just have a super slow metabolism (I've actually sat in a scary machine and had it worked out by a scientist-y friend of mine) so my maintainance calories are around 1600.
eryn s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #21  

I am a shortie too.

I am maintaining, well, shaving off the odd pound here and there but basically working on maintaining. Unfortunately, even with exercising 5 times a week I have to eat around 1,400- 1,500 calories a day. Thankfully, I'm so used to not eating much now it's just a part of my life. However, I do have a cheat meal on saturday and do not count it.

I think I messed with my metabolism with losing weight pretty quickly.
samu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #22  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I'm tall and not quite a featherweight yet... so don't throw things at me .

But, build some muscle!!! Turn your body into an oven .

Haha, I won't throw stuff at ya. Heck, I couldn't throw my chair if I wanted to . I am seriously gonna start strength but I find a million and one reasons to not do it. Somehow it bores me more than anything. And my muscles are SO weak that I start at the lowest weight and still have issues. I bought a dumbbell training book that I am gonna read through today!! (can do that from home and not feel silly!)
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #23  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
LOL Sontaikle..posting the same thing at the same time. I'm guessing our experiences are similar, b/c I know you really ate well (still do) and put a lot of effort into working your body in many different ways at the gym. It wasn't just a simple calorie deficit. Speaking just for myself, I truly revolutionized my whole way of eating and living.
I totally think so in our cases. It just surprises me that we can eat so much more than others our height/weight and still maintain and/or lose.

I never realized that certain levels of fitness or the quality of the food eaten really has an impact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Hm I eat well too (well I think I do-other than 1 packet of diet hot chocolate on work days, I'm mainly paleo but I don't eat as much fat as I see in a lot of paleo diets and more vegetables than fruit). Hmph. Maybe I can try to increase my cals and see what happens-but I do have a special event in mid-June, which I try to tell myself its not about the special event, so don't get too hung up on it, but its so hard not to.
If you're eating Paleo then you're eating better than me, probably. I eat more of a Primal approach now although I haven't eliminated grains completely. They're more of a once in a while thing for me now and I try to keep it to the weekends.

The right exercises also do wonders. It's just been three or four weeks since I made some drastic changes (overhauling my already healthy diet, adding more strength training and taking out some cardio, and eating more calories) and I've already seen some progress in my body.

Just two months ago I was pretty iffy on whether or not I would be wearing a bikini this summer. Right now I'm pretty confident about it because of the progress I've seen.

Last edited by sontaikle; 03-28-2012 at 09:27 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I totally think so in our cases. It just surprises me that we can eat so much more than others our height/weight and still maintain and/or lose.

I never realized that certain levels of fitness or the quality of the food eaten really has an impact!

If you're eating Paleo then you're eating better than me, probably. I eat more of a Primal approach now although I haven't eliminated grains completely. They're more of a once in a while thing for me now and I try to keep it to the weekends.

The right exercises also do wonders. It's just been three or four weeks since I made some drastic changes (overhauling my already healthy diet, adding more strength training and taking out some cardio, and eating more calories) and I've already seen some progress in my body.

Just two months ago I was pretty iffy on whether or not I would be wearing a bikini this summer. Right now I'm pretty confident about it because of the progress I've seen.
Hey all, update-I ate 300 more cals yesterday than usual, weight stayed the same-eggs and cabbage. Also went to the gym ot sign up for the trial membership. If I go at least a few times a week, I'll increase my eating.
I see and hear stories about people who don't reach goal but go to the gym all the time because they don't work on diet, so I want to still be conscious of my diet lol.