3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #16

S/C/G: 144/133.4/123

Height: 5'6"

Hi guys,
I'm relatively new here and was wondering what a shred is? I'm pretty stuck at the moment in the high 130's and don't seem to be able to get it down despite eating right and exercising. I'm not happy with how things are going and would be thrilled to just lose 2 lbs.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I was at my goal weight before and I can do it again! Some time this century...

Goal for Halloween: 138 :met
Goal for Thanksgiving: 135

catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #17

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Dorian - I had dinner with my friends and then my family the next day. It was fun, but it's really not as a nig a deal here as it is in the US. My boyfriend works for a US company and has 2 days off so I guess we're kinda going to celebrate by spending the day together and going out for dinner.

I went away with my mom and my sister to Buffalo to shop (very Canadian thing to do, our taxes are so high). I'm up two lbs but im hoping is just water weight from all the chain restaurants we ate at. Its my bf's 30th birthday in two weeks and I'm really hoping to be down to 138 by then. I have a dress id like to wear to his party

Keep up the good work everyone!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
lets get started...

Height: 5'4"

hi catgirl, sorry, can't help you with the 'shred' thing, not heard of it down here! Just wanted to say good luck with your weight loss though.
Get stuck in and get those 2lb off.

I've been where you are before, but in my case i think i wasn't as diligent as i thought i was being, and basically i was wishing the 2lb would drop off without making a huge effort!!! Problem is that 2lb isn't much, and so it sounds easy, but it's not! Exercise is good, i love it, but to be honest, if i want to drop weight i just have to eat less. Different things work for different people though, so carry on doing whatever you did to lose the 4.4lb and stick to plan and be patient!

stay on plan : go for a run : rediscover wardrobe!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #19

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Hey! There is the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels that some people talk about. I've never done it before so I can't tell you much about it.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm down to 153 as of this morning! Hoping to at least weight in at 152 tomorrow for the official week weigh in. Sigh. I was so freaked out. I need to make sure I drink water and weight lift more. I'm so close to the 140s... and waving at the 130s and dreaming for the 120s...
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #20

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

I'm in Canada and I still overate on American Thanksgiving!! My boyfriend had the day off as he works for a US company and wanted to go for wings and beer/football in celebration. I ate a whole lbs of wings!! Ugh.
And it's his 30th birthday on Saturday so there is brunch and a dinner party!
Oh well, back on track on Sunday I guess.
Happy Thanksgiving American friends!!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #21

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Haven't been here much, still holding steady but not losing.

Ate a lot today, but that was always going to happen.

Hope everyone in U.S. had a good Thanksgiving.

Funny about overeating on Thanksgiving in Canada, Lisa.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #22

Default How have you done it?

Hi feathers,

I need some suggestions. About three years ago I lost 90 pounds using Medifast. I did well and didn't have a problem sticking with it. I have since gained 40 pounds back and have come to the conclusion I am headed down a very bad path. I purchased MF again and stuck with it for about 2 weeks but just couldn't do it any longer than that. I've gained back the weight I lost. I've come to the conclusion I need real food. Would you all be willing to share with me what you've done and how long it has taken to reach your goals?

Believe it or not I am a vegetarian. Kinda strange right? A heavy veg.?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jen

Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #23
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jen!

I've lost 63 pounds by counting calories. I didn't focus on actual nutritional content of the food, but I find that I just generally eat a high protein, low carb diet. This isn't true for every day because I do indulge in "treats" if they fit into my calorie count for the day.

I was eating 1200 calories a day when in full weight loss mode and exercising 5 times a week doing a variety of cardio and strength training exercises. Now that I'm close to my goal I've been slowly upping my calories (right now I'm focusing on eating around 1400 a day) to get used to my expected maintenance level of 1600-1700 calories. All of this will be trial and error of course and I'll see what happens when I get there

Altogether to get here it's taken me about 8 months to drop these 63 pounds when you don't factor in the time I stopped and just maintained. If you do count that time then it's been almost a year.

I wish you success on your journey!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #24

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

It's not weird to be a vegetarian and heavy... My professor and I were discussing the misconception of vegetarian=thin..... But I don't really count calories or anything. I just try to eat more fruits and vegetables than I used to, drink more water, and try to more lean meats. My "plan" is not really a short term thing- Hence the reasons for the slow weight loss (50 pounds in one year). I'm starting to pick up the whole not eating when I'm not hungry thing but it's still tricky to me.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #25

I just saw your before and after pictures...you look like a completely different person. Congrats on your progress!

Juniper Berries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #26

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

wow, sontaikle, you look great.

My sister and I have started a weightloss challenge for December- aiming for 5 pounds each. We've both seen some weight creep in the last year.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote