Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #61  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Welcome Alexis! This is a good board, I'm sure you'll find the support you need.

Guys, it looks like I've got the job that I wanted. Official word comes on Thursday, but I've gotten some calls about training so I think it's probably a done deal. This means I have to live apart from my husband for a few months until he can get out there to me...and I'm having a rough time with it. I'm starting to think that maybe I shouldn't do it. I don't know. I think it will make things easier if I have something to focus on while I'm away, and a really good goal would be perhaps to try to get to my goal weight while we're apart. I'm a stress non-eater, plus I'll be busy and living alone, so maybe that will make things a little bit easier to do.

I need to alter my signature... I won't make it to my goal weight in two weeks, plus I think I might just go for an even 120 since I found out I'm half an inch taller than I originally thought.
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Pinkrunner115 - Congrats on the job!! That's so exciting. If it's only a few months and you know your husband with be able to follow I'd say go for it. My long-term boyfriend had to move away last Jan. for a really great opportunity. It's been tough but we've made it work. I won't even be moving to join him until July.
I think it will be way easier to reach your goal, you can get into a good routine with diet and exercise.

Welcome Alexis! A friendly bunch here

I've had two days on track staying under 1400 cal after a not great weekend. Hoping I can do well the rest of the week and drop a bit by my way in on Friday.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #63  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Pinkrunner~ Congrats on that job!!! Sounds like pre-move jitters talking, but if hubs can move over soon, then I'd say take it and more power to you! Be sure to take care of yourself while you're apart, though.

LisaTcan~ It does seem to be easier during the week, right? Two days in a row on track is super!!! Well done, you.

~~~
Feeling the signs of TOM coming on... Ugh. Just trying to prepare myself not to be shocked by the number on the scale. Have been doing fairly well when it comes to cals... Exercise, not so much, but hopefully a moderate intake will still allow me some loss...
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/159/120

Height: 5"6 (168cm)

Welcome new people ^_^

Time to clock in.

I took a MIA again and my flu is basically gone today morning but my throat is still really bad.I haven't been able to consume much food, I'd throw up everytime I eat more. I really hope this gets better in the next week. I've been feeling so tired, fatigued and just generally exhausted. I missed school 2 days and work 1 day.

Going to try to eat more today, hopefully it stays down.

Scale said 51kg.

Edit:

Something really terrible happened yesterday. I was really sick for the past few days so my body were just completely burnt out. I fainted last night near the stairs but I woke up as soon I hit my head on the floor. It was such horrible pain. I remember my first reaction was to cry and my brother called my mom to help me. She came downstairs and just started yelling at me. She said how I am so irresponsible for not taking care of myself and losing way more weight than I should. She said I will get too sick and she will have to spend too much money on medical bills.

It sucked, SO BAD, when I was so scared and helpless to have the only person who suppose to care and love you yelling at you and just letting you lay on the floor not even showing any sign of concern. I was really heartbroken and just felt so unwanted. Though she has always been this way growing up so I am glad she didn't take the opportunity to kick me while I was down.

Sorry about the rant girls ;( I really don't have anyone I can talk to and recently I just felt so depressed.

Last edited by Ivonnely; 10-19-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Ivonnely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #65  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

132 this morning - the top of my "this is OK" range. Happy about that!

Final step in the on-boarding process for the company is in 20 minutes - a Japanese language evaluation over the phone. Not entirely unrelated (if I get hired I am definitely rocking the red dress), I saw this article this morning and found it interesting:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/7/...ture+Red+Dress

Ivonnely I'm so, so sorry your mother is treating you so badly! Doesn't she realize you're fainting because you have the FLU? Ugh, I hope you feel well enough to eat and go to school/work soon.

Alexistrophic Sounds like you're in a good losing groove, just keep doing that and you WILL see the numbers go down! Happy TOM!

pinkrunner115 Only you can decide what will be the best option for you...I'm not sure what to think about the whole "maybe I'll be too stressed to eat and I'll lose weight" thing? Either way I hope whatever you decide makes you happy.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Finally losing weight again! Broccoli and tuna does work for me.. I think it's all the fiber. Hopefully I will feel like a real feather soon!

Ivonnely: aw man... i'm sorry to hear that you had a bad flu like mine... my students were starting to say the same reasoning...
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #67  

Ivonnely- No wonder you fainted! You have the flu! I'm sorry your mom is being mean, maybe shes just concerned? I hope you feel better soon. I have the flu a couple weeks ago, it was terrible. 112! We're the same height but I can't imagine being so thin.

liliesinmycereal - congrats on the weight loss!! You can do it!!

Alexis - Sooo much easier during the week! My boyfriends is away for 3 weeks now and I'm in the middle of GRE's and grad school applications so I'll be to busy to leave my apartment! Hopefully this will make it easier to lose.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #68  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Ivonnely, I'm so sorry that happened. You're sick, of course weight loss will happen, as will dehydration, so your mom saying that you're not taking care of yourself is insensitive. I hope it gets better

Liles, I think fiber is great too, high fiber cereal is usually part of breakfast for me. Congrats on seeing the scale moving!

Krampus, that's awesome! I think the weight you were at before was "fake weight gain", just bloat and not real fat. Oh, and I realize my "stress non-eater" words sounded worse than I intended. I always eat properly, but when I'm stressed I'm not as obsessed at eating a whole bunch of bad for me snacks like cake and candy. I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sometimes snacks, but I don't have that ravenous sweets monster lurking in me. :0)

Hope everyone has a great day. Krampus, hope that evaluation went well!
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #69  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Hello Feathers! Never properly said hi before jumping in the chat, so here I am! Getting close to goal so I thought this was the place to go The scale was bouncing around between 146 and 145 today, so I'm hoping to see some downward movement soon! I'm also not sure if 130 is going to be my ultimate goal. It might be lower or higher depending on what I think about my body.

krampus - Good luck! hope you get to rock that red dress!

Ivonnely - Feel better! I know what you're going through unfortunately. I've been there before and passed out on the floor (though not due to the flu). I remember barely being able to breathe one time and having to beg my mom to take me to the doctor because I was too weak to do it on my own. I don't have health insurance, so she didn't want to take me because it would cost a lot of money :/ I wound up having to go to the hospital because we waited so long.

I really hope you get better soon! I hope your mother also comes around.

Last edited by sontaikle; 10-19-2011 at 03:05 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #70  

Krampus ~ SO Cool about the new job!!!! Are you working for an airline??? And super competitive, too. I taught abroad in South Korea for 2.5 years (awesome experience) and can relate to the wanderlust feeling.

lilies ~ Broc+tuna = good combo. :thup: You DESERVE your feather title!

LisaTcan ~ Busy can be good! Remember to take care of yourself, though.

pinkrunner ~ Lucky about the stress NON eater thing... Did you decide to take the job after all?

sontaikle ~ Welcome!!! Sounds like you deserve the feather title, too!

~~~
Just went for a walk to Target on my lunch break. Beautiful fall weather is making it easier to get up and out. Even though I was up this morning (154.8) Am aiming to be at 152 by Monday. A strict 1200 per day, 10,000 steps, 100+ oz H20, 8PM cut off and we'll see what happens... Just gonna keep my head down and do what I know has worked before...
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Ivonnely, that must have been scary. I hope you're feeling better!

Yesterday I came down with a cold. I felt bad last night and didn't sleep well. I called in sick to work, but now I feel pretty okay. I hate that- I always feel guilty. I'm sure I'm contagious right now, though, so it's probably better that I'm at home.

We have a few people at work who seem proud that they never take sick days, but they come in hacking and sneezing a couple of times a year. Ugh, stay home!

Anyway, I think my weight is a little lower- pants are fitting better. But I haven't weighed in a few weeks. Maybe next Monday.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #72  

Ann~ Love that feeling of pants fitting!!! Feels SO GOOD. Now the challenge is to remember that good feeling BEFORE I start shoving cupcakes into my gob.

~~~
Down a bit this morning. Had around 1600 cals last night, but went for a run, which was a welcome improvement. Hoping to keep the motivation up for the weekend!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #73  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I forgot how much fun it was going shopping at the thrift store. I went there to pick up pants for my costume (and I found the hat I needed too, so it's done!). I decided to look around for some cheaper pants since I have only two pairs of jeans that fit properly at this point.

I tried on a bunch of 8s. They were big (what?) and the 6s fit! I didn't buy any because I didn't like how they looked on me, but they fit! I DID buy a pair of Charlotte Russe Jeans skinny jeans for $7 that were brand new (in an 8 though) and they fit awesome. I was rocking those yesterday, haha.

There were some nice skirts in 6s that I also tried on and that fit me, but I didn't quite like the length. I was kind of bummed that I didn't walk out of there with a 6, but at least I know I fit into all of them

Last edited by sontaikle; 10-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #74  

sontaikle~ Thrift stores are the bomb! Today, I'm wearing a North Face fleece jacket that I got for $2!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #75  

I love thrift store shopping! Congrats on the size 6 sontaikle.

Alexis - congrats on being down!!

I ate between 1200 and 1600 all week and my scale still didn't budge! I'm super frustrated!
I ate an almond croissant for breakfast..figured I might as well! Ugh, going to try and stay under 1300 this week and see if that works.