Public Proclamation :) - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Default Public Proclamation :)

Hi there, as you can see by the title, I'm making a public proclamation to reach my goal finally. No more procrastinating or being blase about it. I'm posting here because this is the most appropriate place for when I reach my goal weight.

I think this is going to help me to stay accountable. I'm going to decide how I want to track my progress (suggestions appreciated!) Either using the blog system here, tumblr, blogger (not a big fan), wordpress, I dunno. There's hundreds out there and it's late so that decision will be for tomorrow.

I've messed around with a couple of those weight loss calculators that will determine a date for you to be at goal based on your stats. The average was around the end of Dec. so I'm going to be shooting for Christmas to be at goal!

I use intermittent fasting and I'm going to be working out every day, something I have been majorly slacking on. I'm also going to be focusing on the quality of my calories.

I'm so excited! I might even take a before picture, which I guess will really be a during picture because obviously this isn't my highest weight. I've been around this weight (10 lbs range) for almost 2 years now though so it's been quite a break from losing.

I'll put a link in my sig as soon as I start the blog. Should be sometime tomorrow
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Intermittent fasting?

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I like the MedHelp tracker. You can log quite a lot on it, it shows nice little graphs for your weight, measurements, BMI and calorie consumption, it shows your target as well, it's generally a good visual tool, and it's free. I've linked to mine in my signature if you want to see an example.

As for blogging, I think one blog is as good as another, and you may as well use the system here.

For targets, I'd suggest calculating it based on your current rate of weight loss, as you've already lost a good amount and it usually goes faster at first anyway. That way, if you don't lose any faster than you have so far, you won't feel bad, and if you do lose faster, you can feel nice and smug about how much under the target line you are getting. I've gradually gone a nice bit under the target line, and I've lost weight at a consistent rate so far, but since everyone says that weight loss slows near the end, I'm reckoning it'll balance out eventually.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

kakers- IF is a way of eating to lose weight that has been growing in popularity lately. There's a thread here and here about it. The first one is active at the moment.

It involves timing your calories to certain "eating windows" and makes for a very convenient way to lose weight. I highly recommend getting Brad Pilon's newsletter if you're interested in it. He sends out great information about IF and the potential health benefits. Just go to that link and there's a section for women and scroll down until you see where to put in your email.

Esofia- Thanks for the MedHelp link, you can track a lot with their system. The reason I've decided to make it to my goal by Christmas is that I'm basically starting over from when I lost the first 30 lbs.

I lost about 12 lbs a few months ago doing IF but I stopped doing it and gained it back and so I'm buckling down now. I know it's a bit of a challenging time frame, but I won't be hard on myself if I don't quite make it. I need to push myself because of how complacent I've been about my weight lately.

Life happens, stuff gets in the way and I'm trying to find a way to still make healthy choices even when I'm stressed. Exercise helps a ton so that's a huge part of my new commitment. This forum is also a big motivator for me.
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote