Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #196  

Height: 5'6

My body is totally confused this week, lol. Not only did I start to implement IF, I added more weight to my strength training routine, revamped my core work and did my body weight exercises. Phew!! If that doesn't say 'keep 'em guessing', I don't know what will.

I can totally feel every muscle in my midsection from the body weight circuit and core exercises. But I love it. Haha

I went back to my normal three meals a day today with no snacks and I'm a little nervous but I'm finding I'm not hungry b/t meals so that must be a good sign.

My DH said to me last night when we were getting ready for bed that 'I was in the best shape he'd ever seen me in' =====> OMG!!! I was flabbergasted, now I'm nervous that I'll slip back into my old ways like so many times before. And he said he wants to go on a beach vacation in February when our boys are off school - guh! - talk about stress, lol.

No time for personals today b/c we're on high alert due to Hurricane Irene so I'm trying to take it easy and wait for my DH to come home from work.

It sounds like everyone is moving right along. Have a nice afternoon ladies!!

Last edited by fitmom; 08-25-2011 at 02:50 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

fitmom That was one great compliment to hear from the hubby. Im sure that made you feel great!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #198  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Weirdest thing ever - I am sticking ot my calories SO easily this week, like.. I don't even want to eat any more than I am eating. But I end up at around 1100 calories after dinner that way. So then somewhere between dinner and bedtime my mind will tell me I should just have a bite of this or that because heck, I have calories left.. and before I know it I am at 1400 again. LOL.

Just bought a tiny pack of whey powder to see how it tastes and if it's for me. The big buckets are so expensive, so I don't know if i'll incorperate it in my diet. But it could help me get in a bit more protein.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

So many are doing so well right now, funny how this seems to run in cycles on this subforum.
For the last month most of my posts have consisted of "off-track but getting back on" posts. Seeing that 137 on the scale, really jolted me back into gear, and I have done really well for the last 10 days, gotten rid of the bloat and am back at 130 to 132. I haven't been tracking calories, just eating less and healthier foods and staying on track with running. Instead of a bowl of ice cream at nighttime, I am back to a couple spoons of ice cream LOL I am also paying more attention to WHAT I eat, (hey my icecream is all natural LOL). Like for breakfast today, I was considering a bacon and cheese muffin, less than 300 calories and totally doable calorie-wise. On the other hand, it was instant microwaved pig fat, white bread, and processed cheese, not necessarily a nutritional jackpot. So I had some almonds, greek yogurt, and fresh cherries. Same calorie wise, but perhaps better for the body.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #200  
Out of town

S/C/G: 138/115/113

Height: 5'5"

Haven't checked in for a few days but still on track. Am down to 122 which is a big milestone for me -- that's the lowest I've been since college

I definitely have a ways to go - plenty of fat still hanging out on this bod. I started working with a trainer to see if that helps. My big goal (besides the # on the scale) is the day I feel confident wearing a skirt. I carry a thick layer of fat on my legs, including calves...ick. It's been getting a bit better as I lose weight, but not better enough that I'll wear a skirt.

Nice to see all of your progress!
skinnyminnynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Philana How did you like the Whey powder? I always wonder about that stuff but haven't tried it. Being satisfied within your calorie alotment is a great feeling. Seems to cycle for me between being ravenous and being content. No rhyme or reason.

fitmom What hours are you eating between? Do you still eat the same amount just within a smaller time frame? I had been thinking of doing this for awhile, and have read that it can be done effectively for just a few days of the week.

I drowned my iPod touch in sweat, and it is no longer working...boohiss. It is my favorite thing. I tracks my calories and my miles, not to mention my Facebook
I had a dream last night that I looked closely at the nutrition info on my Trader Joes lemon and gingersnap cookie dough ice cream and the serving size was 4 spoons 280 calories! LOL
Feeling great. I swear I feel so much thinner just being a couple pounds lighter.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #202  
say what?

aimeebell - oh, boo! that sucks. I so badly want an iPod so i can track my c25k runs on there, and there's better calorie apps for iphone/ipod also. hihi. good to hear you are feeling good!

--
Even though the scale is up 3lbs this morning (it MUST be waterweight from DOMS, because I really didn't eat more than maintenance calories yesterday due to a party) I AM SO HAPPY!

Like, super happy. Remember how nobody mentioned my weightloss except for my instructor? Yesterday was a going-away party for a really good friend of mine. And I had the guts to wear pants (they were size 12 and already too big yay) a tight top and a very short leather jacket and it paid off. A bunch of really good friends of mine where there that I had seen this past month, but they didn't notice my weight loss.. but last night EVERYBODY came to me and told me I looked great, and that they were amazed. It was crazy. Some even felt like repeating it a few times throughout the evening. It was SO nice. Discussued it a bit more with a good friend afterwards (he's a very lean, well muscled guy lol) and he said I didn't have to loose anymore weight. I looked good the way I did now.

It's just so nice, to finally, after 16lbs, have people notice. I also realize I don't have to wear baggy clothes to try and hide my belly anymore. hihi. What's the silliest thing is that I felt like I had stalled some the past month, only loosing about 3lbs in a month, but it made such a big difference on my looks anyhow. I'm beginning to show a bit more muscle and my waistline is really nice again. Hope that now that I am back to loosing again, it's gonna mean my legs will get smaller.

HAPPYDANCE x 1000000000

Last edited by philana; 08-28-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #203  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Not doing "great" because my boyfriend is around. He's under a huge amount of stress - confronting his father about his (father's) lifetime of addiction, deciding his future etc - so he came up for the weekend as a little escape. Friday we went to the county fair and ate junk there. We celebrated his birthday yesterday with a meal at Pizzeria Uno including the "mega" sized cookie sundae - yes, the famous 2700 calorie one - and it was almost all gone by the time we were done with it.

Still, I went to Goodwill and bought 2 (vanity sized but still!) size 4 clothing items that fit and would even fit if I were 5 lbs more, so I'm not too unhappy with how I look. Fitness though...gotta get something going with that!

Hurricane day today - will be hard not to sit around eating all day but I can do it. Stay safe East Coast!

Last edited by krampus; 08-28-2011 at 09:16 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #204  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeebell View Post
fitmom What hours are you eating between? Do you still eat the same amount just within a smaller time frame? I had been thinking of doing this for awhile, and have read that it can be done effectively for just a few days of the week.

aimeebell: I've only done the one 18-hour fast; I'm currently doing a 24-hour fast tonight until 6 p.m. tomorrow night. If it's an 18-hr. fast, I skip breakfast the next day - roughly from 5 p.m. to 11 a.m. 24-hour fast would be 6 p.m. one night to 6 p.m. the next day - skipping both breakfast and lunch. I don't really eat the same - calorie-wise b/c it's only one or two meals at most. Maybe the meals are a little bigger in portion. I "save" the calorie deficit for the weekend (specifically Sunday) when I ease up a bit on my diet. My two fasting days are Mondays and Wednesdays, the rest of the days are my maintenance days and Sundays I ease up slightly. It's nice to not have to constantly think about food. I'm still new to this myself so I'm feeling my way. Hope this helps.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-28-2011 at 07:05 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Hello beautiful feathers!

I was so, so off plan for the last 4 days. But I had an awesome time during my boyfriend's birthday weekend! We ate and drank copiously every night. So I'm feeling bloated and gross, but I don't have any birthdays or weddings or events coming up for the next month or so -- I think it will be easier for me to lose weight in September for sure.

I am definitely ready to put in the effort to get to goal. Maintaining 120-125 has been fun, but I want to see the scale say 115lbs.

I'm so freakin' tired today from my weekend festivities, but some treadmill time HAS to happen!

In order to keep myself from freaking out about my weekend weight gain, I figure I'll stay off of the treadmill until my weigh-in on Friday.

Have a great day, feathers!

PS - I hope everyone is okay from Irene! Raleigh is a little farther inland in NC so we just got lots of wind and rain here, nothing really damaging. Stay safe!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #206  
say what?

Wellll - I am having my first "binge" in weeks. I am having a very stresfull week at work and just worked on fixing my bike for 3hours, because I can't afford a new one and I can't afford to keep going by bus either. But, it's fixed. I was however planning on going to the gym and having plenty of time to fix up work I had to do because I left work a bit earlier.

Long story short, I feel sorry for myself, am frusterated and just thought.. I deserve a treat. So I bought 700calories worth of snack food. Which is gonna put my day-total at 2000. Which isn't so bad really. If it's not gonna be a daily thing. Which it doesn't seem to be. Now that I can go to work by bike again I can kickstart my weightloss which has been stalling because I really just didn't get enough excersise in. I have been eating dang 1250 calories for a week, but the scale went up. So, all in all.. FRUSTERATION GALORE.

Thanks for letting me vent! hihi.

Last edited by philana; 08-31-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Hi feathers. I'm still lurking out here. My weight's hanging out at 164, still. I've been going to the grocery store less often, which is good for me, because I always pick up a snack when I'm there.

Philana, that doesn't sound TOO terrible. Like you said, you don't want to make it a habit, but it happens sometimes.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #208  
say what?

Hi feathers, it's been a bit awfully quiet here?!

I am really not loosing any weight for ages now. I don't know what to do. I don't have the time to add in extra excersise, and I am already eating low calories. I am considering changing it up somewhat. I had my high calorie days to jump start but no effect. I just don't know what changes to make.

It's annoying me, because even though I look much better, my legs are still so fat, I want to really feel like a new person. However - I started only 2 months ago. So maybe I am wanting too much in too short a time?