3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #1

Height: 5'0"

Default How quickly do you lose weight?

It seems like progress is sooooooooo slow. I realize it takes longer to lose it when you have less to lose, but the scale isn't moving fast. (In honestly, I'm not working too hard at it though.)

How quickly do you lose weight?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #2

S/C/G: 140/118.8/115

Height: 5' 2"

I hear ya! I have been playing around with 117-120 for TOO LONG NOW. Usually, the reason I jump back up to 120 is because I ate off plan, I ate too much, or I didn't excercise for a couple of days straight. I wish I could just focus and keep doing what I know I should!

When I do lose, it is typically 1-3 lbs per week. However, I think that third pound is probably just water weight. I would say a good two pounds of it is actual fat.
Under1Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #3

S/C/G: 128/124/115

Height: 5'5.5"

I have been losing pretty slow. I've been working really hard and making healthy eating choices and I'm losing around 1 pound a week. BUT, I can really see the changes in my body, so I'm not focusing too much on the scale.

EDIT: Actually, I've been dieting/exercising for 1 month and have lost 2 pounds -- so it's more like 1 pound every 2 weeks. Ahhhh!

Last edited by laurielou; 08-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
laurielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #4

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

My weight loss is fairly slow going but that's not something I'm particularly concerned about. In fact, I see it as being a good thing, as I feel less likely to stack it back on in a hurry. It did take me several months to put the weight on so I accept that it will take some time to shift.

Also, I see the 'skin' thing as being a deterrent to losing weight too quickly anyway - I'm worried about getting loose skin if the weight drops off too fast.

Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase. Joseph Pilates
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #5

Default Lose weight quickly

To get into shape , speed up your metabolism, rid yourself of excess fat and lose weight, do as follows:

Stop drinking & smoking (if you do this regularly),
eat fruits & vegetables all you can (buy a food/rice steamer to make it easy on you)...(vegetables might not seem "tasty", like junk foods,, but can be as you acquire your taste to them..and are loaded with energy and nutrients)...avoid all junk food, cokes, sweets, etc...and drink water . If you eat meat ,,use only steamed, baking or grilled methods for preparing fish or chicken.

also, do an hour of walking each day at least. or some type of exercise.
andrewfount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #6

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfount View Post
To get into shape , speed up your metabolism, rid yourself of excess fat and lose weight, do as follows:

Stop drinking & smoking (if you do this regularly),
eat fruits & vegetables all you can (buy a food/rice steamer to make it easy on you)...(vegetables might not seem "tasty", like junk foods,, but can be as you acquire your taste to them..and are loaded with energy and nutrients)...avoid all junk food, cokes, sweets, etc...and drink water . If you eat meat ,,use only steamed, baking or grilled methods for preparing fish or chicken.

also, do an hour of walking each day at least. or some type of exercise.
And there you have it folks. All the answers in one post.

Andrefount, I dont mean to be so sarcastic... but all of this is easier said than done. I dont believe in complete restriction either because in order to lose the weight forever - you have to make changes you can live with forever...a lifestyle change... not a diet. While you have some good ideas, I respectfully disagree with your post.

My Diet Blog:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/170starting/
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #7

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

I actually lose pretty quickly. It's weird but it's the other way around for me - I have the hardest time losing in the beginning. (maybe it's a mental adjustment thing) Once I start to develop some muscle the weight starts coming off. But the older I get the harder it gets, that's for sure.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #8

Well! Who knew!
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #9

S/C/G: 287/241.0/180

Height: 5'5"

It depends on what yu do and what you start at. But, I started around 231- probably higher just didn't weigh myself before that. I'm bouncing around 208 and 205 now. I really started trying in the start of May. That may seem slow to some. But, the weight loss on my still HUGE arms has made a nice difference to me so far, and going from 22 pants to size 18 and 16 in some I feel like it's going pretty well. Until about a week ago my body would not catch up and I couldn't get away from 216 and 215, then all of a sudden a nice little drop happened.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote