Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #16  
Made of Starstuff

Pictures are a key part of my "measures of success".

I use the scale, tape measure, photographs and the fit of clothing.

I took photos & measurements at the start of my journey, and just the other night had 3 month updates taken. I knew from my daily weighing that the pounds were coming off, and from my clothing that I was losing inches... but the measurements and pictures were still surprising! Now, I'm no featherweight, but I could SEE the difference. It was almost unbelievable.

Photos & measurements almost bring it to an entirely new level of success, and I'm very glad I decided to bite the bullet in the beginning of the journey. Absolutely worth it for comparisons.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #17  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

fitmom: Yeah, I worded that poorly--meant that the last time I tried to run, I was weighing in the 160s, which I think was too much for my crappy little joints (got my father's knees ). My other issue at the time was boobage (small ribcage, relatively big boobs now; back then, it was medium ribcage, REALLY big boobs), but I've now found a sports bra that should solve this issue--it works for my plyometrics workouts, anyway. (Saw you talking on the chat thread about shrinking boobs--the grass is always greener, there are times when I'd kill for a B cup. )

Last edited by sumire; 07-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6

surmise: Haha. I think nature gives us what we can handle b/c at my height and weight now, I think a full C cup (which was what I was at my highest weight) would look really fake on me considering how I've leaned out. The B cup does have it's advantages, I suppose. I'm almost 40, have two kids and I don't sag at all. So that's a plus.

I agree, sports bras are essential to running especially. I wear Tekgear ones - I found them at Kohls. They have S to XL sizes. They really hold you in well, I've found. I think you should try it when the weather cools down a bit and take some photos before starting a running program and a few weeks after (sorry, don't mean to pressure you, lol). You'll be amazed at the differences in your body. It leans you right out. I noticed small changes in the first two weeks. The boobage may decrease though b/c breast tissue is fat so just a fair warning, lol.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Pictures are a key part of my "measures of success".

I use the scale, tape measure, photographs and the fit of clothing.

I took photos & measurements at the start of my journey, and just the other night had 3 month updates taken. I knew from my daily weighing that the pounds were coming off, and from my clothing that I was losing inches... but the measurements and pictures were still surprising! Now, I'm no featherweight, but I could SEE the difference. It was almost unbelievable.

Photos & measurements almost bring it to an entirely new level of success, and I'm very glad I decided to bite the bullet in the beginning of the journey. Absolutely worth it for comparisons.

LOL, the tape measure and my digital camera have become my new best friends. I'm a featherweight and I think the less you have to lose (sometimes) the harder it is to see with just the naked eye, so to speak. At least that's how it's been for me. The photos have been eye-opening for me when (on occasion) I doubt how far I've come. I just wish I had taken some earlier in the journey but there were circumstances beyond my control which unfortunately prevented me from doing so. I do think there's a significance in visually documenting your progress. You have to stay motivated. I also keep an exercise journal which I write in daily. That helps too.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-20-2011 at 12:09 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote