Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/143/137

Height: 6 ft.

Default Scale Recommendations?

Hey girls - do any of you have a recommendation for a good bathroom scale? Mine is crap. If I set it in one corner of my bathroom, I weigh 5 pounds lighter than if I set it one foot away in another area of my bathroom. I live in a new apartment so I don't think the floors are THAT warped!

I know that the number on the scale shouldn't matter, but I find myself shuffling the scale around the bathroom like a crazy person, and weighing myself five times just to get an average number!

I don't want something too expensive, but I would like something reliable.

Thanks!
letsgorunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #2  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I picked up a weight watchers brand scale from a local home hardware store..im sure you can find them in other places..but i find its accurate within a pound..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorunning View Post
If I set it in one corner of my bathroom, I weigh 5 pounds lighter than if I set it one foot away in another area of my bathroom.
Well, clearly the "lighter" corner is the correct one, duh!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

I have this scale and I do NOT recommend it. I weigh myself daily and it has this great "feature" where if you weigh close to what you did the last time, it just gives you the same number. So I have to weigh myself twice daily - once with a stack of books, once without - in order to know my weight for that day. I grumped about it in my review, and they said that "oh, well, people's weight fluctuates so that's why they gave it that feature." Otherwise it is quite accurate. I just get tired of the double-weighing every morning.
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #5  
focused.

S/C/G: 125/65/65 (kg)

Height: 1.73/5'8"

Just an observation.. you need to weigh yourself always at the exact same spot, preferably around the same time n day every week. thats what my dietician said to me at least, and it sounds right No matter how good the floor there are always going to be differences etc etc :P
Engraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #6  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

I weigh in my bath tub, lol. My bathroom floor is carpeted so I don't get an acurate reading. I got mine from Meijer, it's a weight watchers one....about $25.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

I have this scale. I like it a lot. IT does seem to fluctuate every couple of days but people were saying that your weight can go up and down a pound or two depending on water weight and other factors so I try to keep that in mind.

This is the scale I have. I bought it at Walmart. It's a memory scale good for 2 people. It tells you how much you have gained or loss since your last weigh in.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Health-O-M...-Black/4213534
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #8  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Seconding the EatSmart... bought it recently, do not like. Ugh.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote