Anyone trying to get out of the 140s?

You're on Page 5 of 37
Go to
  • I just realized I can join this thread now! I recently hit 149lbs and today I saw 148lbs. I am hoping to be at 140-139 by Valentine's Day!
  • Hi Veela!
    You and I have similar stats and goals. Into the 130s by Valentine's Day it is!
  • I cannot wait to see the scale say 13_.... 22 pounds to go!
  • Hello, Everyone!

Wildflower- It's great to hear you are feeling better. Have you thought about making your plan to count calories? It helps me keep in check. I, too, feel like I'm maintaining.

Angleluv- It sounds like you are on the right track! I think most of us can relate to waking up one morning and finally realizing it was time for a change!

Well, this morning, I weighed in on my dial scale, and it was right under 140. But, again, it doesn't count unless it is REALLY under 140. I weighed myself again before I got into bed, and it was right at 140. Usually, when I weigh in at the end of the day, the scale is more toward 143/5. So, my fingers are crossed.

I've been working out 5 times a week. Just 30mins on the elliptical, then, depending on how i felt, i would jump on the treadmill, crank the incline as high it could go, and then, jogging/running as best as i could for at least 5 mins. The most, so far, has been 10 mins. Most recently, I added jump roping. I set the goal of doing 100 nonstop, but I've been taking breaks. Also, I added in situps and pushups. I haven't lifted weights since I started the jump rope and SU/PU. I'm hoping this change will help me lose some more weight.

ALSO (sorry to be long winded), I have been using the "Lose It" application religiously! It's helping me to stay honest and at my calorie goal!
  • AKim, it sounds like you're there! I understand that you want your scale to be definitively in the 130's - it sounds like that is hours away for you.
  • I am so close to this thread I can taste it. It's making me a little crazy, I feel like I have been in the 150s forever, but that's not reality. Hopefully this week, though, I'll hit 149.
  • I don't mind the 140s, it's definitely better than the 150s for me but I would absolutely love to see a 13_ number on the scale as well. over the past few months I have bumped up my exercise to running 4 times a week. I just know that my food/calories needs to be controlled a lot better in order to get there. I have my days lke you all when I am awesome and then there are days when I am craving a huge juicy pizza which is ok to have but in moderation. I sometimes do a little too much, boderline binging. This is when I feel deprived in some way and justify eating too much. I have got to stop that some how.
  • Akim - Congrats on making it out of the 140s! Definitely sounds like you were there!

This morning I weighed at 140.2! I was so surprised to see something other than a x.0 weight for a second I thought i had gained!!! Ha. I know I was somewhat dehydrated though, as I slept for about 12 hours last night, but I can't help but feel happy to at least see the 130's so much closer on the scale!

I even got to the gym to day for a run...It's been awhile and it definitely wore me out quickly. I guess it'll take me awhile to build my strength back up.
  • Well since posting this Monday, I've been weighing in in the 140.xs the rest of the week and this morning was 139.4!!!!

Oh my goodness, I hope this stays and isn't just dehydration or something. Could I have really made it out of the 140's FINALLY?
  • Wildflower! that is great! I bet you are out of the 140s for good! You must be so happy since you were sick and unable to work out for so long!

I weighed myself two days ago and I was below 140 and this morning I was below 140... i wish i had a digital scale. So I feel safe to say, i'm officially under 140. The arrow is at 138/139. I increased my elliptical to 60mins. I think it is what helped get me over the 140 hump!

my goal was to be at 135 at NYE, but I'll take what I have without complaints!
  • Thank you Akim! Congrats to you!!! 130's thread here we come!!

Hoping it will stick as I am a daily weigher and actually don't see much fluctuation in my weight usually.

My NYE goal was also 135, and then even revised to 125 after a good weight loss after my first month on plan. I am a bit disappointed I didn't make either, but on the other hand I have sort of been taking a break and glad I didn't gain. So I have that going for me.
  • Quote: Well since posting this Monday, I've been weighing in in the 140.xs the rest of the week and this morning was 139.4!!!!

Oh my goodness, I hope this stays and isn't just dehydration or something. Could I have really made it out of the 140's FINALLY?
    Congrats!!

I finally made it to 139 on Christmas Eve morning and have been at 138 the past two mornings, it's definitely a great feeling to pass that milestone My goal weight was only 140, but I have a feeling I'm at least going to get to 135 with the little bit left I want to tone up.
  • Wildflower and Akim: Congrats on "graduating" from the 140's to the 130's! Well done!!!
  • OH ladies i need a buddy to focus to get 4 lbs off to get to 139. ANYTHING. i haven't seen 139 in FOUR years!!!!! it definately would be a mini goal for myself!!!!!!
    good luck ladies!!!!

xx
  • Thank you everyone! Congrats to you too Ashley 829.