Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #1  

Default when to stop living by the number on the scale?

SO i am definitely not overweight, but i am certainly not at the weight where i WANT to be. BUT...i think i might be at the weight my body wants to be. i am scared that my body wont let me lose anymore weight. everytime i step on the scale i am unhappy. the number TOTALLY changes my mood.

so when do i stop? when is it time to stop living by the scale?
lieber508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Unfortunately, only you can answer that. I stopped when I hit the size I wanted to be which was a four. I've met women who weigh more than me and are a two, and women who weigh less than me and wear size 6. It also depends on your frame. We all have different builds so I think you just need to focus on the size you are rather than the lbs you weigh. Believe me, I originally wanted to hit 115 but my body got to my "ideal" size at 130. Good luck!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

It is hard .... believe me, right now I am trying to focus more on measurements,
I want to droop around 2 to 3 inch of my waist. My weight have been bouncing for more than 3 months , so I decide to try maintenance for a couple of weeks/months and see what happened.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

I think that you should just focus less on the scale, and go by how you feel about your body. I feel like when we get to the lower numbers for our height, when the losses get slower and slower each week, it's just too easy to obsess about the scale. I got to my goal weight of 145 and decided to maintain that for a couple of months. I then realized that I was just not comfortable with my body there and have since decided on a lower weight. So it's back to the slowww weight loss. Because of this, I've decided to weigh only once a month.

During the first part of the journey I weighed daily. I had gone too long without weighing myself, and knew that I had to have the accountability. Lately, however, it had really become an issue. My mood for the whole day depended on what the scale said. Even if I was retaining water from salt, I just felt like a failure. So, obviously the daily weighing had stopped working for me, and I had to find something else that worked.

If you are happy with your body here, then you should just forget about the number on the scale. However, if you do feel up to losing more, perhaps you can just focus on the same plan you've been following, and weigh a little more infrequently?

Good luck!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I agree, only you can decide when enough I'd enough. Right now I'm in the same boat, I'm no longer overweight, but in at the top of my healthy weight range and I'm not quite comfortable in my body yet. I took a month long break at 148 because I thought I might happy there, like maybe it was good enough, but it wasn't. I'm not positive what the real goal is right now, but I know I'll know when I get there.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote