Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #1  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Default Thoughts Of Bad Food

This is very annoying.

As some of you may know I've recently lowered my calories in my efforts to drop the final five pounds. Although sticking to my plan hasn't been easy I've persevered. Calories have averaged 1150 a day. I've been eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water. With the exception of my bedtime dark chocolate I haven't eaten anything remotely unhealthy.

So why then am I suddenly thinking about chocolate oreos of all things? They are nasty trans-fat and high fructose corn syrup calorie bombs which I haven't eaten in years, and I wouldn't eat one now if my life depended on it.

But I can't stop thinking about them.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 136/118/115

Height: 5'4

Well, this may be a little far fetched but... sometimes our bodies, our minds etc. try to tell us things in round about ways.. maybe your body is trying to tell you that you are lacking something, maybe you need more fat in your diet, or sugar or something!... Its a different way at looking at it though since you say you HATE them.. it cant be because you actually crave it..

I lay in bed at night and right before I fall asleep I think of all the really yummy horrible foods I used to loooooooove! (but I actually enjoy them so this is quite understandable.) You however do not like the food you are imagining so all I can think is that you must be lacking somewhere in your diet?

I hope you figure it out!!!
lilmissPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/130/119

Height: 5'4''

I can relate. On the Today Show they were talking about Pop Tarts, which I know doesn't qualify as food, but now I can't even stop thinking about them. I won't go buy them, but some sort of dessert type treat may be in order. Hmm, specifically the Rocky Road flavor. Doesn't that sound good? Maybe a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream from a really good ice cream shop?
ainsleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymom View Post
I can relate. On the Today Show they were talking about Pop Tarts, which I know doesn't qualify as food, but now I can't even stop thinking about them. I won't go buy them, but some sort of dessert type treat may be in order. Hmm, specifically the Rocky Road flavor. Doesn't that sound good? Maybe a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream from a really good ice cream shop?
The power of suggestion is one of my worst dieting foes! And yes that does sound good.....
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote