Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
I can't imagine that anyone can sustain no carbs, because your body needs carbs, girl!!! It will make you eat them eventually.

The thing is, though, you can beat the bad carbs. Your body doesn't need those. It can get addicted to sugar, but once you cut way back on refined sugars the body adapts. It realizes it doesn't need them.

I know I go on about this, but that's just because I know what it feels like to be in that carbs cycle. I hate the thought of anyone else going through those ups and downs.

Don't cut out the carbs. Just try to cut out the bad carbs as much as possible. It makes soooooo much difference.
I agree with you 100%. I used to think no sugar/no carbs was the answer; the "secret" we have all been waiting for. But now I am totally against it. It takes a really strong person to stay under 50g of carbs every day for the rest of their life; not to mention I dont think its that healthy. I have grown up on an abundant amount of carbs (the bad ones of course), so the diet really messed with me. It caused me to lose my period for 3 months! Even now, as I am slowly changing my eating habbits and making healthier choices, my body still recognizes 150-200g of carbs as too LOW for it. I try to aim for my carbs to be around 150g a day, but by the end of the day my body is SCREAMING for them. So you are right, I think my body needs to just adjust to the good carbs. I have realized through all of this that it will take me longer than most people to adjust. I really damaged my body eating horrible all my life. I am just now starting to actually like healthy foods, and that makes me happy

You said you have done the carb deal a few times in the past? Did you have a similar experience? What have you decided works for you now?
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraUK View Post
Ok I completely sympathise. It would be a dream for me to get a 24 inch waist - then I'd be able to fit into all of my mother's gorgeous vintage clothes!

But I don't think I am built to get to that waistline. So I'm going to live vicariously through you.

You go girl! You do it for me xxx
haha you are so cute! Thanks for the confidence boost, but really I am living through you; I CANT imagine what it looks like to have the scale say 120. OMG that would be amazing. I would literally dance around my house all day long!!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #33  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, ladies! I hope everyone is doing well today! I'm still at the same weight. Surprise, surprise, but TOM starts today or tomorrow and I'm drinking more water than God at the moment. I'm thinking I'll have a nice workout tonight, too... Friday nights are great for working out because no one is ever at the gym. I am probably a dork, but whatevs.

I ate pretty heavily at dinner last night because I didn't have time for lunch, and ohhh, man. I know why I quit doing that. When you get used to having normal portion sizes, it does NOT feel awesome to eat too much. Thanks for the reminder, body!

How is everyone doing today? Any exciting plans for the weekend?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
You said you have done the carb deal a few times in the past? Did you have a similar experience? What have you decided works for you now?
Like you, I would lose weight and then binge, binge, binge. So now I don't restrict carbs: I just try to eat mostly good carbs (and a lot of lean protein, and good fats, of course). I say "mostly," because I am someone who needs to know that a little sugar is OK. I can't fully cut out sugar or, again, I will eventually binge. I've done it many times: I'll go without refined sugar for months and then I will binge, binge, binge. But if I cut way back on sugar, my body adapts and is OK with that. It doesn't try to make me eat more than I want to. It is happy to know that it will get some sugar, and it's willing to wait for that treat.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 07-30-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
Like you, I would lose weight and then binge, binge, binge. So now I don't restrict carbs: I just try to eat mostly good carbs (and a lot of lean protein, and good fats, of course). I say "mostly," because I am someone who needs to know that a little sugar is OK. I can't fully cut out sugar or, again, I will eventually binge. I've done it many times: I'll go without refined sugar for months and then I will binge, binge, binge. But if I cut way back on sugar, my body adapts and is OK with that. It doesn't try to make me eat more than I want to. It is happy to know that it will get some sugar, and it's willing to wait for that treat.
We must have similar bodies! Mine acts the same way. I am actually trying a new approach. Yes another one. I am eating health throughout the day with good veggies, fruits, grains, meats, and eggs and letting myself eat what I want at dinner; within moderation of course. Knowing that I can look forward to my dinner and wine down at the end of the day, really helps me stay on track. I hope this works. I usually end up at 1,000 calories and 115 carbs by the time I get to dinner. So whatever I eat for dinner determines where those numbers go! hehe I hope this works well for me and losing weight. My goal is to eventually be able to tolerate eating healthy all the time with occasional treats. But I know I cant sustain that lifestyle just yet!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

I weighed in this AM...stayed the same at 121.2. I am not complaining, though, since we had a family dinner at Applebee's last night...sodium through the roof! So, I was expecting the scale to do a jump...just was happy to stay the same!
Hope everyone else is doing well!
dilynnlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 156/119/115

Height: 5'2"

Weight was 121.0 today...at this rate it will be next year before I break under 120! But, at least the scale is going down again...

How is it going for everyone?
dilynnlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #38  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Hey, any loss is a good loss!

I'm doing ok. I haven't lost any, though. I've made it my goal to get to 120 by the end of August, which I think is completely doable!
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Hello everybody, I've been a little busy these last few days with the kids on vacation and all. Also my DH was home for vacation for 10 days so we took the time to go the beach a few times, watch lots of movies, enjoyed the summer...
Anyway, as you can imagine, I gained a couple of pounds during this holiday, mostly due to drinking too much wine and enjoying a few too many not so healthy snacks!!
But I am back on track now, today I'm at 116lbs, so just neeed to lose one more to go to my previous lowest weight of 115. Althought I lowered my goal to 110, I am still considering it. My body is really fighting this, let's see...

I recently starting running intervals (training with the C25K program). I love it, but wonder if this might have something to do with this new plateau??? You ladies were previously discussing the effect of lower vs higher impact workouts on the process of losing fat & muscle. Very interesting..
In any case, this wouldn't be the first time I hit a plateau, so I guess there's not reason to be surprised..
I trying to lose at least 2 to 3 pounds this month and I'm already working hard at it!!
Bama girl, how are you feeling today? A little bit more upbeat I hope?

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #40  
Eternally 2 pounds away..

S/C/G: 135/ticker/120

Height: 5'5"

A very hungover Dora is writing to you today.

TOM started, and for me that spells a little whoosh. Yesterday I weighed in at 122.2. I haven't been this weight since I was really strict with myself in May, so it's nice to see it again.

Which meant I was particularly worried about going to my friend's dinner party last night. We were serving ourselves so I got myself a smallish portion.

I don't think I drank a lot, but perhaps I did. Certainly not more than a bottle of wine, which I know sounds a lot but for a recent grad it's something that I've become used to.

Anyway, I come back home after feeling fine all night and I am so ILL. I'm not going to go into detail but you can guess.

So I obviously this morning I had lost, feel like I have cheated, not that I made myself purge or anything. But anyway even though I am down to 121.9 I'm yet to be ecstatic.

Felt 18 types of hideous this morning. But my boyfriend took me to pizza hut for lunch and I felt much better! Spent the rest of the day watching TV on my laptop in bed. Ha! And now I am going to have a small bowl of soup for dinner.

We'll see what the scale says tomorrow!
DoraUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #41  

Hello ladies, how are we all doing?

I went to the gym for the first time in 2 months yesterday

I've recently (about 1 1/2 months) moved from my university town down to London where everything is 300 times more expensive! But I found that the community gym gives a three month free membership to the local unemployed, which has unlimited swimming and £2.95 each time you want to go to the gym.

And seeing that, at most, I go to gym 3 times a week it works out much cheaper than a £50 monthly membership or whatever ridiculous price it is down here. Grr.

Oh and yesterday I found out that I got a job, so I now have an income and a free gym membership. Woop.

This morning saw 121.2 on the scale, the lowest weight I've been since 2007. Hopefully not long now.

What's happening with you fellow feathers, I don't like the silence
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #42  

Hi, I'm new here, I hope it's ok for me to post i this thread. I just broke out of the 120's this morning: 119.8. It's been a really long time since my weight has been this low. It feels really good!
sammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #43  

Hi Sammy, I'm so glad you followed my link!

Of course you can. In essence this thread is basically, Out of 120's, 110's and 100's. It is basically for us petite feathers nearing goal.

Wow I love those little scale moments, I had quite a nice moment myself this morning.

I'm really scared that I am going to jeopardise my plan, I usually do everyone time I've reached the 121 region. Maybe I'm scared of reaching 120. Who knows?

For example just bought a multi pack of my favourite crisps (US: chips).

Oh well, we'll see.

Welcome to the FEATHERS xx
Old 08-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 136/118/115

Height: 5'4

Well I am certainly not breaking out of the 120's at this moment (I WISH). Butttt......

Dora: I do wanna say congrats for reaching 121!!! and possibly you should make that package of chips a reward when you reach 120? :]

Sammy: Congrats at getting out of the 120's thats awesome!! and welcome as well!

Well I am new here to 3FC... where is everyone posting at lately? I haven't been able to find too many new threads. :/

:] ttyl ladies!
lilmissPope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #45  

Thanks Dora! I'm glad you had a nice moment on the scale this morning too. I think I also might have been scared of breaking out of the 120's. I was stuck between 121-125 for most of the summer. Then towards the end of July I actually went all the way up to 128! But luckily that's what motivated me to get it together and get on a plan at the beginning of this month, and so far things have been going really well.

Thanks for the congrats lilmissPope!
sammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote