Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Yay Robsia! My body is an absolute slave to my cycle, so for at least 2 weeks per month I weigh the exact same thing every day no matter how hard I try. Then a few days after the start of TOM, *poof* a pound goes away. You're so close to goal!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #17  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

SW: 139.8
CW: 137.4
GW: 136.6

Down another smidge again today.

I think for me it's been largely psychological. I wanted to get to 133 for my wedding but when my dress arrived and it fitted OK, I had no real incentive to lose more. It is a corset back so has a lot of leeway in the fitting.

So I was basically telling myself I was trying to be good, but cheating a bit (well, probably a lot actually) and not diarising at all.

Then I was quite ill with a nasty gum infection and tongue ulcer and I basically survived on about 800 calories a day for a week, barely eating enough to stop myself collapsing, because it hurt so much to eat anything.

I dropped 4 lb in that week and was so pleased with myself that I have been very careful to keep that off. So I started dieting properly, eating sensibly and diarising, as I know I should have been, and it has continued to pay off!

For me, if I'm not losing, I get disheartened, eat more and continue to not lose - vicious circle - I think "What's the point in doing it, it's not working."

If I lose, I get invigorated and have the incentive to keep on going.

But I got into my skinny jeans this weekend that have been shoved to the back of my wardrobe since October - yay!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 138/134/130

Height: 5'5''

Oh, I'm in! I have my bridal shower and first wedding dress fitting in early May, and I want to lose 4 lbs by then; that's about 1 lb a week. It'll be hard for me because I lose weight verrry sloowwwly, but I am going to go for it! My plan is weights 3x/week, running 10 mi/week, ~1700 cals a day, no sweets or alcohol...the last one is the toughest ...
peanutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #19  
Califiona

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3"

Yeah! This May challenge will help keep me on track for the fourth of July challenge.
May 1-goal weight of 135 pounds.
Workout-bike up Mount Diablo twice in addition to weights three days a week and cardio 4 days a week.
I know that I can do it.
Going to Hawaii April 24 and I think that this will keep me motivated there so that I don't eat and vacation away the hard work that I am putting in now.
Califiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/98.2/100

Height: 4'10.5"

Congrats Robsia! I love fitting into old clothes! I just tried on a dress from like 10 years ago that still had the tags on, and it fit like a dream.

Peanutty, it'll be great looking just that extra bit of awesome in your bridal shower pics surrounded by all the ladies in your life! You can do it!

Califiona - I love to mountain bike, but haven't been out in at least a year. Hawaii sounds like so much fun - and there's so much good fruit and fresh fish out there that you'll be able to indulge without the guilt!

For me, the scale has been stuck for like a week. Ugh. But 3 lbs down so far in the challenge is awesome so I'll try not to whine so much. I know it's stuck partly from reintroducing daily exercise into my life, which is good for me, so I can be patient!

SW: 119
CW: 116
GW: 109
chickapea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #21  
Califiona

Chickpea: Whenever I start lifting heavy, I retain more water in my muscles and it takes me a couple of weeks to see the difference.
For example, I have been great about getting my lifting and cardio in for about a month. The scale stayed steady. Last week, I weighed 145 pounds and today when I got on the scale I weighed 140 pounds. YEAH!!! Finally, some progress. But, I am hungry. Training makes me hungry.....
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #22  

That's awesome progress! Congratulations!!! I've never had the patience to wait it out a month, but I know I have to or else I'll just be skinny fat!

It makes me so hungry too, I've always gained 3-4 lbs at the start just from being ravenous all the time. Thanks for the advice! Sounds like I just have to be patient.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #23  
Califiona

You can do it Chickpea. Look at the progress that you have already made! Amazing!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

checking in! i have been MIA this week! hope everyone is on track and doing well I'm down a pound+, despite eating like crap (easter, u know how it is), so i'm wondering if my metabolism has changed. whatever, i'll take it! that means i'm holding steady at about one lb a week. I need to step it up if i'm going to make goal of 7 by may 1... only 3.5 weeks to lose 5 more lbs.

my sciatica is flaring up (UGH!!), which has made it hard for me to work out bc... well... it freaking hurts. haha! so i'm rededicating this challenge to STREEEETCHING my sciatica out of commission! I'll still try to get an hour of low-impact cardio and toning 4x a week, but stretching is the priority for now hope everyone's having a good week
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #25  
MasterHarper

SW: 139.8
CW: 137.6
GW: 136.6

Still the same as last time I checked in which, as it's been Easter, is pretty darn good.

I did drop down to 137.4 but popped back up again to 137.6, but I'm OK with that - and I did have chocolate.

But I'm back on the wagon again.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #26  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
May 1 is 32 days from now.

My weight loss goal is small - I would like to lose 0.1 lb a day (on average), which will come to 0.7 a week, or 3.2 in total, taking me down to 136.6.
Well, I was 136.4 this morning so I hit my goal a tad earlier!!

Quote:
My exercise goal is to start running again as each time I go out I pull the same calf muscle, but there is a 10K on 9th May here that I did last year and would like to do again, so I really need to start training for that. It's been a week since my last attempt at running (got 0.6 mile before I hurt the leg again).
Did this one too - started the C25K again to get my leg back into running gradually. Not sure I'm going to make it for the 10K but we'll see.

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #27  

Congrats Robsia! That's so awesome! Both the weight loss and running goal achieved!!

Welcome Jax! I'm sure that running after your kids is plenty of exercise by itself. :P I don't have any but when I go visit my niece, I'm ready for naptime!

I finally hit the last stubborn pound before 40 lbs lost today! That makes me down 4 lbs total for this challenge, 6 more pounds to go!

CW: 115
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 57"

jax :Welcome: get to it woman!
robsia that is AMAZING!! wooohooooo!! hard work pays off!
chickapea!!!! OMG 40 lbs lost?!?! that is incredible, what a milestone! congrats to you, i'm so happy for ya 4 lbs already for this challenge... someone's working hard! well done!

I'm down again as well! a total loss of 3.6 lbs for this challenge so far... halfway to goal for the challenge!! and still 2.5 weeks left here's hoping...

i'm starting to see significant differences in my body! i'm starting to look like my old self!!! i thought that chick was gone forever so happy!!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #29  

Coming to claim my fifth pound! Halfway there... I really hope to make this goal. DH and I did a 5 hour hike on Saturday, it was a tough one, but I really love getting in my exercise that way.

Congrats Shasha!! You're halfway to goal for the challenge and looks like halfway to your goal total! It was such a huge motivation for me when I realized I had less to lose than I'd already lost - if that makes sense.

CW: 114
Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #30  

Aw, thank you! I'm so glad that I can give back a little bit of inspiration I just suck up from this board!