Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Default Venting--what am I gonna wear!?

OK, maybe I'm being dramatic but all the sudden, spring is here. Yay, right!? Time for pretty bright colors, short sleeves, fun stuff. Right?

Hmmmm. Everything in my closet is dark and sweatery and heavy. I found one summery thing (and it has green in it, for St. Paddy's day), but I tried it on and it's huge, dipping down dangerously in front. Great for date night, not so hot for meeting with clients and the vendor. How did that happen!?? And we can wear jeans to work (just for tomorrow), but I've gained 5 pounds over the past month (don't ask) and now I'm at the size where 5 pounds makes a difference in how the jeans fit. The only jeans that don't make me feel fat are my MOM jeans and I will not wear those, I won't do it.

So. It looks like I need to do a little shopping, but until then: Tomorrow I will wear the least-fat jeans with a dressier white t-shirt (that's in the wash right now) and a new turquoise cardigan. I'll worry about Thursday and Friday when they get here. But I know that I am sick of heavy sweaters and I'm going to need to get a few new spring things for work, and quick!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #2  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Every new season makes me want to buy new clothes, particularly spring and summer. After so long being bundled up in jeans and cords and sweaters and bulky coats, I get all excited for flipflops and skirts. I love buying a few new pieces if the funds are available, but I've also started hitting up all the used clothing shops in my area. I've found some awesome stuff, and have been able to add to my wardrobe without putting my bank balance in jeopardy.

In the meantime, the turquoise sounds lovely. Good luck!
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote