Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/146.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Shiny-new here...

Hi! I've lurked here before occasionally, but this is my first time posting - figured I could use some support this time around... Here's my story.

I've always been on the chunky side - never extremely heavy, but never thin, either. I generally hovered around 150ish, which is not that much but doesn't look good on my 5'2" frame. Around 2006, I gained a lot of weight and by the end of the year I was up to almost 190. Yikes. Then I moved to Germany, and I walked everywhere and had no money for food other than beans, so by the time I came back a year later I was around 130, which was awesome. I managed to keep that weight off up until a couple of months ago.

The problem is that I started grad school, so I quit exercising and cooking at home (oops). The eating out is what is killing me here, I think - I have quiet literally no food in my apartment and haven't cooked in months. I gained about ten pounds over the first semester. Then I went home for the holidays and basically just sat around and ate cookies all day. I added it up a couple of times, and I would be shocked if I was eating less than 4000 calories a day. So now I just got back to my own home and I'm at about 150. Eek. Something needs to be done.

So, here's my plan. I'm going to go out today and restock my apartment with all kinds of good groceries so I can quit eating out and will have more control over what I eat. I'm going to try to eat way more vegetables and only eat things that I prepare for myself, and I will try to keep it to 1800 calories a day. I think 1800 should be low enough to lose on, since I've been eating a ridiculous amount, like I said. I'm also going to get a gym membership and go every morning before school.

Fingers crossed, ladies. I'm excited to finally be doing something about it!
comstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Just wanted to say welcome and good luck to you!!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm new here too, so it's good to see another new face! Good luck to you. It sounds like you're on the right track.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! You are sure to find the people here very supportive and enouraging. Good Luck!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 PM   #5  

comstock

This is a great place that's for sure
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote