Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I'm in this club too. I'm losing maybe .5 per week. I'm 3 from my original goal but would love to lose another 8 to 10 beyond that. It's going mind numbingly slow but I know I'll eventually get there.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #17  

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, I am here too. My goal is 180 (for now). Last week I briefly saw 189.8; now I'm back up to almost 193. I've been bouncing around here for about 10 days; not really a plateau but not a lot of progress, either. I'm a little worried about trying to lose throughout the holidays; not only will there be lots of tempting foods around but my son will be home from university for much of it and that always brings chaos and home cooked meals (my fault!).

So....maybe I should just be hoping that I don't GAIN during the holidays, instead of trying to lose these last 10-12 pounds? I don't know!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Oh, amynbebes, it's you! You were the one who suggested that I try no poo. It actually ended up not working for me.

On page 5 of the 20-something's photo album page, http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3020972-post66.html, I basically had explained what had happened to me. Basically, when I came back to school, the baking soda was leaving an awful film on my hair the minute the water touched it, and it looked and felt nasty, so I tried water only washes, but my hair remained simultaneously greasy and dry at the same time. After 3 months I caved and used shampoo for about 2 weeks, but my hair was still really bad and I posted on a community and they suggested I try the CG method (Curly Girl method) instead. I got the book from the library and read it and now I'm trying that! Not sure if it'll work or not; if not, I'd like to get shampooing down to twice a month, if possible, and just use (cone-free) conditioners most of the time. Thank you SOOO much for suggesting no poo to me to begin with though! That's what got me searching on alternate hair care to begin with. I never even knew what shampoo actually did before you told me about no poo, to be honest!

Now, to get back on topic... I weigh 155.5 now, which means I'm pretty much on... *drumroll*... MY LAST TEN POUNDS! I'm so excited! ^^
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

5 lbs to lose. Each pound feels like 50 lbs.

I am just barely within the healthy weight range for my height. I am 5 pounds from goal and I don't think my goal is unreasonable. As a matter of fact, my goal is higher than a lot of ladies who are my same height. I don't want to be super skinny, but I want to be a little slimer than I am.

I will keep pushing because, if I'm honest, I'm not exercising that much right now. I know what I need to do and that's kickstart the worksouts again. It's just lately I've been so hungry (and, uh, lazy) and I'm finding it difficult to stay within the calories I need to in order to lose more weight. I can't help but wonder if 165 is my body's happy weight. If it is, I'd be fine with that as I think I look great. It just sucks to be so close to that number I've had in my head for so long... You know?
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote