Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

amy-thanks so much! i checked out those podcasts and they look awesome. i'm really excited to start. either today or tomorrow. (because it is pouring rain right now and supposed to be sunny tomorrow.)
Doughnut- i'm really sorry to hear about how stressful it is with your job right now. just don't be too hard on yourself.
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #122  

i did it! first day of c25k complete! wow, i really can't believe it...i'm trying to set up a reward for myself for when i finish four weeks of c25k or lose 4 lbs...whichever comes first...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That's exciting jiggles!

I had a good day yesterday, even though DH made dinner. We had another couple in and she eats very daintily so I did too. But his roasted potatoes were sooo good! I could have eaten a lot more!

I really could use one good weights workout. I might need to keep that in mind for later today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #124  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I "logged in" to my Wii Fit yesterday since Oct. 9 and it told me I've lost close to 5 pounds! I've been recording my weight, but to see the Wii tell me was a big reward. So yesterday I went clothes shopping and bought a new jacket

Yesterday I bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Anybody here tried it? I keep reading about how it will kick your butt, and is really really good. I might try it out tonight.

It's going to get harder and harder to lose weight now that I'm closer to goal (according to my experience - I've done this many times lol)
Time to put on my patience hat.
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Jiggles - congrats! glad you started! I'm having a similar problem as you had yesterday - it rained allll day today so I have to do W4D2 tomorrow!

Susan - excellet work on limiting those potatoes! Those darn dainty eaters... I have a friend like that and I feel like a horse next to her - not size wise, just the way I shovel food into my mouth compared to the 50 times she chews each and every bite - very slow and calm! lol!

Chickennugget - I've done 30DS and it soooo does kick your butt... big time!

For me... Vacation is a week from tomorrow and I've lost all my willpower to keep working out and eating right... I managed to get my butt infront of the TV at 11:30 PM and did 32 minutes worth of workout videos... as I mentioned above, it was raining allll day so I didn't get my C25K in. C25K is the only workout I seem to enjoy these days... I can't stop working out now... I've got to wear a bikini next Wednesday - I refuse to wear the tankini that I wore when I was prego! NO WAY! I know that I realisticlly could lose two pounds by then if I put my head (and body!) to it. Since it's going to be nice tomorrow, I'm planning to take my DD for a walk in her stroller through our hilly neighborhood and then do C25K when DH gets home from work. If I can also fit in another hour of workouts, that should help. I should have watched biggest loser tonight... that show always inspires me! I'll have to watch the DVR tomorrow!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I'm pretty proud of going over my exercise ticker for October! And that reminds me how close we are to the first of November!!!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #127  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

amy - head down and focus! 7 days is a tiny blip in time compared to what you've already done, and you know how to make this happen. Get your groove back and go into the vacation with the "winning loser" attitude!

susan - I can relate to the dilemma of tight-fitting new sizes. They just bring up too many bad memories of being fat ... why set yourself up for remembering those times? Soon they'll be fitting like a glove, and you can feel fabulous! Kudos on the exercise and on the restraint with the potatoes - you are strong physically AND mentally!

jiggles - I'm watching your entry into running with much interest. I love swimming madly, but running is so much more portable and there are so many more people to lean on for support!

chicken - good luck with the 30DS. It sounds like a killer! I used to do the Firm's video - the Susan Harris one. We fondly referred to it as "the yellow b**ch video". That one ... wow ... there were days I could hardly climb the stairs out of the basement when I was done! Agree with you on the patience hat, too ... every half pound is a major victory these days.

I haven't been posting much lately, and that's probably why I'm back in a stall again. Posted a new ticker to keep the number in my face - I guess I'm bracing myself to go back into the "weight loss" mode. Definitely having fun pulling old clothes WAY out of the back of the closet, but the grim part is that it's been so darn long, and my self-image has changed so much, that I don't WANT to wear a lot of them! Going to have to brace myself for some shopping, I think. I haven't come to grips yet with the idea that I don't HAVE to wear relaxed-fit pants any more.

Last edited by ICUwishing; 10-28-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: completed thought.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #128  
Ilene the Bean

Good morning girls ...

ICU -- wow pulling clothing from the back of the closet is always fun

Amy -- Did you go out for your walk today? I love the c25k

Susan -- Going above and beyond your exercise goal is great...

Nugget -- I do have the 30 shred I did it only once and found it was ok for an indoor workout when I can't get out... I love my gym and getting outdoors with my runs... DD uses it all the time and loves it...

Jiggles -- Isn't running fun? I love it! Congrats on starting...

I've been MIA for a couple of days with the flu, I don't think it was n1h1 but one never knows, for me it started on Sunday morning with a scratchy throat and by Sunday night I was draaaaging and Monday and Tuesday I was on my back... I feel 99.9% better this morning although I didn't go into work but I will tomorrow...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #129  

hi everybody!
susan - the dainty eaters drive me crazy! my mom is one...i am not!

amy-try to stay focused!i know it's easier said than done, but just try to picture yourself in that bikini and do something even if you don't feel like it.

icu-good luck going shopping. i can't wait til i can pull my clothes out from the back of the closet. congrats!!

ilene- that's good that you're feeling better. i feel like everyone is sick right now!try to take it easy til you feel 100%.

and thanks everybody for the support with the running. it's funny, i am the last person ever who would start running. my family members couldn't believe when i told them!i'm going on my second run either today or tomorrow, depending on the weather. which reminds me-all you runners-what do you do when the weather gets bad? i live in a very rainy city....
also, i got my ticker last night and had my first weigh in today and i lost 2 pounds! now the tough part is not giving up, because it's around now in the game that i usually do...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 155.4/133.4/105

Height: 5'0"

I noticed that majority of you don't have that much more weight to lose. My question is how many pounds are you guys losing a week now? Is it getting harder as you drop every pound?
goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #131  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

goob, I've been losing 2-3 pounds a month since February. While I've been respectful of my calorie limits, I haven't gone out of my way to suffer with it either. One could describe my methods as "whim calorie-cycling" - I try to come in between 1200-1300 four days a week, and push 1700 one day a week. The other 2 fall somewhere in between. When I go a month without losing, I'll re-evaluate. My thought process was that I'd better find something I can live with, because I know for a fact that I do not "suffer gladly" when feeling deprived!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

goob, those last ten pounds seemed to take forever and I almost settled for a higher goal but kept plugging away and one day I stepped on the scale and I was at goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #133  
Ilene the Bean

Goob -- I've been losing the same 2-3 lbs for at least a year maybe more... it's really, really, did I say REALLY hard!!! Don't know how old you are but at 52 it's excruciatingly hard to lose the last 10... Heck, I'd be happy with 5

Jiggles -- I've run in warm rain in the summer time but I don't like cold damp rain like at this time of year... So when it rains I usually do intervals at the gym on the dreadmill, I dislike it but I do intervals and play mind games to get through the 40 mins, and 40 mins on the dread mill is about all I can take ... Winter time is my favourite time of the year to run... Sunny, bright, windless, crisp winter days are the best, I wear layers of wicking clothing and I'm good...

My little bout with the flu has kept me breathless and tired, but I will go into work tomorrow, I only work the morning so it shouldn't be that hard on me...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Hello All,
Well Ilene, I didn't take my walk today (bad Amy!) but I made up for it with W4D2 of C25K, 30 Day Shred, and a pilates video. DD took almost a 4 hour nap today so it threw my planned schedule all off. DD must have been exhausted because she usually only naps for 2 hours max... hope she's not getting a cold or something! Maybe we'll get that walk in tomorrow!

Goob - same here, 2-3lbs per month... not fun!

jiggles - My family thinks I'm nuts too because even though I ran track in high school, I hated it and only did it because my friends ran... and I was TERRIBLE! So there have been some interesting comments from those who know me best! All in good fun though. As for bad weather - I did run in a cool drizzle (low 50's) one day but otherwise, since I don't belong to a gym, I just make my schedule flexible... I try to run Tues, Thurs and either Sat or Sun, depending on weekend plans. But this week I ran Sunday, Wednesday since it was POURING on Tuesday, and then I'll run Friday and Sunday provided the weather cooperates. Next week I'll be back on schedule - again weather permitting.
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #135  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

hi all,

susan - big high five for your October exercise! and I can't believe it's almost November... wow.

ilene - i'm glad you're feeling better, that flu is flying around here (japan) too and everyone's wearing masks like some kind of outbreak movie... scary!

amy - ahh how nice you'll be on a beach... regardless of how you'll look in a bikini, although I'm sure you'll look awesome. But I know what you mean. Maybe long walks on the beach will be a good workout while you're there?

jiggles - congrats on your running!!! I am a runner as well. I tend to go out in the rain, if I've already decided that I'm going to run that day... I'll wear a lightweight running cap to keep my face out of the rain, and that dry-fit wicking material - and if it's cold, another lightweight jacket on top of it. Just make sure you have another pair of shoes you can wear the next couple of days, because my shoes tend to get SOAKED and HEAVY afterwards and take forever to dry. I don't LOVE running in the rain but something about being out there, regardless of the bad weather, and usually having the streets to myself, and doing my thing is refreshing. I always hear my high school soccer coach on rainy days saying "Our bodies are waterproof! Now get out there and run!"

goob - I don't expect to lose any certain amount every week. At this point, I'm focusing more on improving my fitness and building muscle, and try not to be discouraged when the scale barely moves for weeks... but also, the smallest losses make big differences on your body, so it's very exciting.

icu - I totally know you mean by pulling old clothes out from the back of your closet, only to find that your tastes have changed... and the clothes just seem so OLD. Even if they now fit, it's like they've expired... bummer!!

So I thought I had purchased Jillian's 30 day shred, but then realized afterwards that it's a new one of hers, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.. and I did my first workout today and I am now DEAD! I will be even more DEAD tomorrow morning, I know it. But I loved it, and plan on using it a couple times a week to supplement my other stuff. I recommend it because you don't need any weights or equipment, just your body. I had to put a towel down on the floor because I kept dripping sweat. Good stuff!!!!

- kanna
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote