Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello!

Hi there everyone! I just finally figured out what the Featherweights board was all about and I'd love to join you all!

A little about me:

In January of this year I hit 200 lbs and really wanted to lose it, but just wasn't ready to commit to it. In April I found this wonderful site (again) and decided to get with the program! I joined some girls for Monthly Challenges and have managed to exceed my expectations for weight loss. My initial goal was 150 mainly because I could only deal with setting a 50 lb goal and because the last time I weighed 150 I felt pretty good about my size.

When I reached 150 I realized I still had a way to go and since I was nowhere near ready to quit--I set my new goal of 135.

I'm closer to that goal than I ever thought I would be and I'm thrilled, but I still feel like there's a lot of work to be done--one word: TONING!!

I currently workout 6 days a week--3 days of strength training along with HIIT and the other 3 days I'm running 3 miles a day.

I look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you all!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153.8/121

Height: 5´1"

Oh My God!! Thats just wonderful...!!! You lost 50lbs this year alone..!I just started my weightloss journey last month, but still feel didn't reach anywhere!! shed about 4.4 lbs, and thats all!! I think I don't know how to proceed..

Could you please help me move on a little bit? What all things you were doing as exercise and food, if you don't mind me asking!!
lekshmiprasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Sandye and
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekshmiprasanth View Post
Oh My God!! That's just wonderful...!!! You lost 50lbs this year alone..!I just started my weight loss journey last month, but still feel didn't reach anywhere!! shed about 4.4 lbs, and that's all!! I think I don't know how to proceed..

Could you please help me move on a little bit? What all things you were doing as exercise and food, if you don't mind me asking!!
Congrats on starting your weight loss journey--for that alone you should be very proud of yourself! Not sure if my 'program' will be the right fit for you as we're all different and different things work for different people, but here's how I started out:

First month I really focused on eating few calories and stuck to 1200-1300 cals a day. I also made it a point to do at least 30 mins of cardio daily--walking on the treadmill was my cardio. I also did strength training with hand weights 3 times a week (I followed the Body for Life exercise program--if you can get your hands on a copy of Body for Life for Women by Pamela Peeke, it's a great read!!).

The second month I decided to cardio 3 times a week instead of 7 and give myself a day off of exercise. I started a 8 week High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) program with was basically intervals of walking/jogging (This is the program I did: http://www.intervaltraining.net/Lose..._Fat_Fast.html ), continued with the calorie counting and strength training.

In August I decided to continue doing the HIIT program but to start the Couch to 5K program as well. I also started calorie cycling (just switching my calorie intake so that it varies from around 1200-1500 on different days of the week). Kept up the strength training 3 days a week as well.

So, as you can see, I like to change things up often! I get bored easily and am currently waiting for my P90X program to show up because my strength training workouts are boring me to tears!

As for food, I aim to eat lots of veggies and fruit, lean proteins and keep my bad fats to a minimum. This is the area I will need to focus more attention on as I reach my goal--I'm sure it could use some tweeking.

I hope this helps some--sorry for the giant novel.

And Ilene~ thanks for the welcome! I seem to be finding you in every new group I join lately!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hello Sandye, Welcome! and congrats on the amazing loss so far!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/153.8/121

Height: 5´1"

Hello Sandye,

I think this will certainly help me get an orientation. I am now running for 30 minutes and then walking for another 30 minutes. Now I will add some strength training for my hands. But I am good at my eating now. Thank you so much Sandye!!
lekshmiprasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Come and join us in our chat thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/feat...september.html
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote