Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/157/140

Height: 5' 6.5"

Default 20 lbs to lose

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site but have been really motivate by reading the success stories on here, such a focussed bunch of people.

I'm aiming to lose 20lbs, and although I exercise quite a lot (running, swimming, yoga, and circuits each week) I am finding it difficult to lose weight. I think this is because I find that i cannot train adequately unless i have been eating plenty of carbs, so not quite sure what is the best way to approach this. I do eat quite healthily most of the time but have my moments of weakness usually at the weekend...

Don't really want to have to tone down my fitness levels because i'm training for a half marathon, but it seems to be very difficult to do both, diet and train.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks,

HealthyBunny
HealthyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Healthy Bunny!

Very Impressive that you're aiming for a half marathon!

Sorry that I'm not that active so not sure I can give good advice. I would stick to whole grain carbs and not worry too much about your weight. It should come off pretty naturally as you train as long as you avoid bad foods and monitor portion size. Good luck!

Last edited by jayjay77; 08-25-2009 at 08:18 AM.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
I'm aiming to lose 20lbs, and although I exercise quite a lot (running, swimming, yoga, and circuits each week) I am finding it difficult to lose weight. I think this is because I find that i cannot train adequately unless i have been eating plenty of carbs, so not quite sure what is the best way to approach this. I do eat quite healthily most of the time but have my moments of weakness usually at the weekend...
: ... I could have written the above myself... I run, bike, weight train and still can't seem to lose the last 15-20 lbs because I need to nourish my workouts.... Heck I'd be happy with a 10 lb loss....

So anyways ...

HealthyBunny
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM   #4  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

I'm aiming to lose 20lbs well that's all we have in common lol, but seriously it seems that your body has adjusted to the usual routine.

I read in Winning for Losing that it's sometimes good to eat alot on the days you train and cut back drastically on the days you don't. It should up your metabolism.
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/157/140

Height: 5' 6.5"

thanks guys for the welcome and for the pointers. I have been learning a lot from this site and happy to report I cut my calories on the days I don't train and I lost 3 lbs!! (I also consumed some fudge ice cream and a burger and chips that week so it is truly weird, must have made up for it on the low cal days...)

Thanks!!
HealthyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote