Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #1  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default dragging myself back from the dead...

Ok... so it's been a number of months since I've even been on this forum. February, to be exact (I think?)... I've been struggling with medication and my schedule and the scale. For awhile I'd weigh myself every morning and every night, just to see how much weight I gain during the day and lose at night. But that just got infuriating. When I lost I'd get happy, but for no reason whatsoever I'd gain it back. My "diet" really isn't... It's more like "don't eat lunch, eat lots of fruit"...

I started dating a great guy at the end of February, which is fantastic, but I stopped working out. We spend entire weekends together, usually hanging out with our friends, which usually involves eating, cause people have to eat, right? Well we used to order Chinese every Friday night, but now, for money's sake, one person each week brings something to grill and we have a mini-cookout. This usually involves burgers, or steak, or barbecued chicken. I mean, what can you grill that's going to be THAT healthy?

During the week I tend to stick to plan, though. When Eddie comes over we have dinners that are small and good (grilled chicken, veggies), and I don't overeat very often at work... The problem is that I've left no time for exercise. I've been hovering between 143 and 150 for the past 4 or 5 months, it seems, and I feel like I can never get any leverage. I know I need to start working out again, but most days I barely have the motivation to get off the couch and make myself dinner after work. And the rest of the days Eddie comes over.

When I was single and had no life to speak of exercise was easier. But now that I have other things pulling at my attention I just can't seem to make time to get off my butt. I can't work out at work, because there's no time and no place to do it. I can't work out in the morning, because I can barely get out of bed to get to work on time as it is. So how do YOU force yourself to make time to exercise? How do you negotiate a relationship, a career, pets (I have 4 animals), and everything else that's going on in your life with the need to exercise?
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Well in my experience, it is hard, but you can do it if you want results bad enough. Im married and have a son, and have two dogs, two cats, and a guinea pig. I also work full time. i have started getting up at 5 am and going walking for exercise. It took me like a whole week to actually get out of bed at 5 and get going. But I did it.

I work full time, get home, cook supper, spend time with the outside dog sometimes walking him, go to bed. Get up at 5 am, go walking, take a shower, then off to work to do it all over again..............

It is hard, but I WILL find time to exercise because I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT SO BADLY. So Im making it happen...........nobody is going to make it happen for you, its totally up to you.

You can absolutely find time somewhere, whether its on your lunch break, early in the morning, or late in the evning. just find what works for you.......you CAN doit.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #3  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Just 20 or 30 minutes of exercise can make a difference. Do it before you take a shower or go out with your boyfriend. Even if you and your boyfriend head out for walks. Its an easy way to involve him and not view it as exercise - just fun and spending time together!

As for grilling - there is healthy ways!
- 4oz of chicken lightly with BBQ sauce
- marinated pieces of shrimp and veggies (or chicken chunks) in low/non-fat dressing and make skewers
- Turkey / Chicken burgers (you can just make them for yourself or for everyone! they're absolutely delicious!)
- Enjoy drinks with low calorie beverages and keep them to a minimum
- Make your own "unfried" french fries

I slack off with exercise sometimes because I am generally beat after working 8 1/2 to 9 hours, then having to come home, cook dinner, and tidy up. But I walk to work and back. I go for a 15-30 minute walk on my lunch (depending on how long it takes me to eat). And I'll drag myself to the gym on days I know I have dinner prepared already or I will be home relatively early.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 06-03-2009 at 10:02 AM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Great suggestions from the other gals....

We don't like to balance our bank book, but we do it, same with exercise, we just have to do it!! Exercise should be made a priority...

Take your BF for a walk, it's great time to reconnect after a long day rather than just watching TV...

Good luck, keep us posted on your progress ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote