Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeBlue14 View Post
some days you just need something sweet to drink. I like the water at home, but when I'm up at school, it just tastes off (yay for jersey water). I drink a lot of diet soda at school, which i'm trying to cut way back on. What I found is a really nice substitute is green tea with just a bit of honey. it has some calories, but it really seems to hit the spot for me.
I am a diet pepsi junkie. It's my one remaining vice and I just can't seem to give it up. I think they've done studies that show Aspartame to be addictive and I know carbonic acid and caffeine are not good for me. But if you gotta have something then I think it's pretty mild compared to alcohol, sugar, fat, cigarettes, and other party substances.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

amen to the diet pepsi
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #18  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

amen squared to the diet pepsi. I LOVE the stuff.

Hey girls, I'm back on here..put on some weight before and during my trip to India in December. It's not any resolution type of stuff...just know where my body felt most comfortable and want to get there again.

Happy Tuesday.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome back Lekhika

So far today food is good (it's 8am) ....

Off to work soon...

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #20  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I am a diet pepsi junkie. It's my one remaining vice and I just can't seem to give it up. I think they've done studies that show Aspartame to be addictive and I know carbonic acid and caffeine are not good for me. But if you gotta have something then I think it's pretty mild compared to alcohol, sugar, fat, cigarettes, and other party substances.
Dagmar
Agreed! Im like "well I dont drink, I am not inhaling sugar or doing drugs so let me have my fake sweetener and coffee !"
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I had a TERRIBLE Diet Coke problem, got off it this summer, but now I'm drinking it a lot again. I hate that. For me, it's really more a symptom of getting off track than a cause, but it all becomes circular.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Count me in as a Diet Pepsi fan, however I have not had any for over a year or more. I've pretty much given up on all sodas--diet or otherwise. I drink more than my fair share of water and will have a sparkling water once in a while (like San Pelligrino).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #23  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Today I went shopping on my lunch break. I like to buy stuff and invision how its going to look on me when I lose 13 more lbs Since I quit my job I probably could have done without the 55.00 bra at victoria secret, but, I just like to think of it as my reward for doing well hehe.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #24  

Welcome back Lekhika! You went to India? I bet the food was spectacular!

Dagmar
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

does any one else lose their appetite after a super busy stressful work day?
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #26  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeBlue14 View Post
does any one else lose their appetite after a super busy stressful work day?
Yeah, I lost my app. but tended to compulsively stuff my face anyway.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #27  

I usually eat to try to relieve stress and also to combat the major caffeine crash that comes late in the afternoon. I've changed the pattern by eating protein now, rather than the carbs I used to cram into my mouth. The next step is to reduce the caffeine. That will start in after daylight savings time "springs" forward and I'm not waking up at 4 a.m. evey morning.

Right now, without the caffeine, I'm ready to fall asleep at 8 p.m.

Dagmar
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: Starting over

Rember airplane? "this is a terrible time for me to quit smoking"

Well I am having that sort of week. I am a teacher and I just found out I am laid off in 2 weeks! Music teachers get laid off ALL the time but February? Anyhow I am doing ok considering but yesterday was a weird day and I went ahead and had a couple of glasses of wine in spite of the plan to hold off til 145. Today I am back on track and I didn't let food or excercise slip so alls well.

Ironically, I am glad I started working out a few days ago because I feel much more balanced. It gives me something productive to do and I suppose I will have more time on my hands soon. In the mean time I am a bit whacked out though.

I hear you about caffiene dagmar. I too get hungry mid afternoon and I apply the same high protien strategy most of the time and it works well. Occasionally I have to have something sweet and so I do fruit and unsweetened lowfat yoghurt which I seem to like almost better than sugary foods (amazingly enough).

Re the soft drinks, they lost their appeal to me years ago. I have a thing for tea and coffee though. I do coffee without sugar (a little milk) and tea I usually sweeten with I drop of mapley syrup and I only have that now and then mostly I just drink water.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hiker~I'm so sorry about you being laid off. I didn't know you were a music teacher. Public school, I assume? What grades? I ask because my DD is in college pursuing a degree in music education (and computer science--double major). What instruments do you play/teach?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: Starting over

Thanks Allison. I am currently teaching 5-8 band I have worked at the high school level but I have small children and the time commitment was ridiculous though I found the job to be much more secure (anything that effects high school football is usually last on the chopping block as it were).

But good news the light at the end of the tunnel I stepped on the scale and I am down a whopping 2 lbs. Probably mostly water weight but I am going to take it. I needed a boost today. Yay for that. Where does your daughter study?
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote