Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Hi Feathers,

Joan, welcome! I am battling the same war with the whole having children requires handling food, thing.

good for you in trying to get a handle before the big stuff starts.

feathers, I am so tired of playing chase games with my demons. ugh.
As long as the demons don't catch you most of the time you'll be ok.

Joan My sleep is always disturbed if I binge before bedtime. I read somewhere that if you eat a lot before bed your body diverts a lot of blood from the brain to the stomach for digestion. This causes problems for the brain and can result in things like sleep disturbance because your brain's sleep rhythms are disrupted.

I'm going to finish wrapping all the pet gifts tonite instead of parking in front of the TV. That should stop any eating.

Have a good night all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Ok, it is cold and rainy and the kids are home scarfing banana muffins and hot chocolate!

AUGH!

Now...my habit has become to be good all day, then start eating right....about....now....HELP!!!!!!

I'm gonna go to the bedroom and fold laundry.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Joan - stick w/the laundry! =) good luck.

I had beer and nachos for dinner... shame, shame. But after this week with work and finals I think it was deserved!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #19  

Well, all right! Already this forum is helping me--seriously! I was able to resist temptation for a day. Only a day so far, but you have no idea what a milestone that is! Did not eat at all after 5 pm. Felt SO good not to binge on stupid crackers or ice cream or other worthless food late at night. Immediately lost 4 pounds of water weight--hey, i'll take it!

Two questions, am i posting this kind of observation in the correct thread? There are so many threads here! And how do I change my current weight in the profile?

Okay, on to day two! Yee-haw!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post
Two questions, am i posting this kind of observation in the correct thread? There are so many threads here! And how do I change my current weight in the profile?
Click on User CP on the purple bar and then click on Edit Profile. After you change things, be sure to save changes at the bottom of the page.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. Hope you're all well and have had a good week so far!

I just wanted to post here to try and keep myself in check and to confess up to a few feelings I've been having over the past week or so. Over the past week, I've felt a bit demotivated with my weight loss. My personal life at the moment is going brilliantly, and I'm extremely happy thanks to a few recent developments. However, this means that I've not really given as much time or thought to what I'm eating and how I'm exercising, as I have done earlier in the month. It's mostly great, because I'm so happy, but it also means I've stalled rather a lot, and the scales haven't really moved for a week.

I'm getting really close to a big milestone for me - I'm only 11lbs away from being a healthy weight for my height (well, according to BMI, I know it's flawed but a good general guideline!). I suppose it's hard because as I've become a lot happier and more confident with my body and appearance, that increasing contentment makes it harder for me to be disciplined and motivated to keep going until I reach my goal. I've also slipped slightly into old habits, like not bothering to go to the gym, or snacking late at night, and I've barely been on 3FC this past week - which isn't good, as the site has kept me really focused.

Any tips for staying motivated and on-track when you're getting closer to your goal? I really am so happy with the progress I've made this month and don't want to go off the rails.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #22  

Tiny, you have come so far already. That is an amazing weight loss. Don't know what else to say except WE ALL KNOW how easy it is to slip. Stay vigilant!

Maybe treat yourself to something new (and just a wee bit snug) to wear?>
Old 12-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Tiny, I remember being 10 pounds from goal, I thought I would never make it and almost settled for a higher goal weight, but I stubbornly persevered and was actually surprised one day when I made goal! You can do it!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #24  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Tinycities, I agree about buying some slightly snug clothes. I have an old skirt from when I was younger (and skinnier!) that I'm going to pull out and hang on my wall. That's great motivation when you are so close (and yet... so far!!).
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #25  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Hi everyone, thank god its friday tomorrow...

Havent really been able to work out because of the crappy weather and Its made me a lil dissapointed. But, starting in mid Jan, I will actually be able to work out on a daily basis. My boyfriend and I are moving out of SI and back to Jersey (to stay with my mom and stepdad until March when we will be moving to Philly). I am going to be able to workout inside, with privacy! I also have decided to leave my job. 2 years of slaving away here is enough. Its time to focus on what I really want to do, and find a job that gives me room for some sort of 'me' time in the evening. I am feeling very stressed out right now. On one hand, I am proud of myself for actually making a decision to quit and move.... on the other hand, I dont really know what I am doing lol I just get so frustrated because as much as my bf wants to move and leave NY, he just isnt being proactive about what we are going to do come 09. Im like I cant figure this all out myself!

On a positive note, I have really stuck with my healthy eating and I feel great!!

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 01-05-2009 at 09:08 PM.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #26  

Question I'll try to check in over holidays

I'm off to my dog sit tonite. I have very limited computer access there so might not be able to start the weekly thread for the next two weeks. Could someone fill in for me please?

thanks,
Dagmar
Old 12-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #27  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Default Ugh, snow day

So, no snow expected until 3PM and our schools have a snow day!!

My 2yo is sick and has been up since 5a, along with his 3bigger bros, whom he woke up. They are all running and yelling and it's not even 7am.

It's going to be a long day.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #28  

Ok, so day two with no nighttime bingeing! Yay me!

However, I did make one mistake before dinner--had a glass of wine. Result: got loose, ate more dinner than I should have, and had to fight the urge to pig out even more valiantly.

I think any kind of drinking, no matter how "light," is going to have to go. Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #29  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Yay you Joan!!
Yes, wine loosens me up and I can eat food I ordinarly wouldn't. Also, it interfere's with the scale in more ways than just calorically.

So, I try to save it for the weekend or a night out.

made it thru the day, mostly OP.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:39 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post
Ok, so day two with no nighttime bingeing! Yay me!

However, I did make one mistake before dinner--had a glass of wine. Result: got loose, ate more dinner than I should have, and had to fight the urge to pig out even more valiantly.

I think any kind of drinking, no matter how "light," is going to have to go. Any thoughts on this?
Wine = out for me.

Dagmar