Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Carey~well my DD doesn't want to teach anything lower than high school, and the way things are with the arts, it's probably a good thing that she's doing a double major. She can always divide her time between teaching music and computers! But she really wants to just teach music. The computer science was because she thinks she might work at that for a while to make some good money and then teach music (her true love) when she can afford to. We'll see how it all works out.

And the Butterfingers? Well, I only got 3 fun sized bars, so it was nothing bad--I just wanted that 4th!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #32  

That's a good strategy. Does she play instruments? I wish I could. I know a girl who is an engineering and music major who is doing really interesting things combining her two majors. I was thinking whether Butterfingers in general are a blessing or a curse, because they're so good but definitely not on my list of things to eat. Lately when I want some chocolate I eat some Craisins.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Does she play instruments? Let's see:
clarinet, bass clarinet, piano, percussion (her main focus), guitar, bass guitar. She is pretty much self-taught on all of those. She can play sax, but doesn't own one. She's not too good at the brass instruments. Her big instrument is the marimba which she plays with four mallets and two different techniques (she's so far the only one in her percussion class who can do the second technique).

(((yeah, I'm a little jealous of her--and extremely proud, too!!!)))
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #34  

Wow!!!!!!! I would love to have a music teacher like that.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #35  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Carey - W1D2 is Week 1 Day 2 of the C25K program.

I started it a couple of months ago and got to the end of Week 2 but I did some damage to my heel so I have just started it again. I never thought I would enjoy running - but it's great!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Well, I think I've licked the anti-salad monster I was becoming.

It has been a beautiful day today so I went off to a nice big grocer with lovely produce. Between that and a trip to the dollar store for containers ... I have a gorgeous fridge full of Susan's Salad Bar Fixin's. Mixed lettuce, chopped carrot, celery, green onions, mushrooms, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds ....
All I have to do is make a protein (tonight is pork tenderloin) and set out all my containers and VOILA dinner. The boys will probably have a slice of whole grain bread too.
And that provides handy snacks and a good start on tomorrows meals too! And I can add some things if I feel like walking to the grocer tomorrow.

That feels more like being in control of my health.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Allison, It's hard to be thankful when someone eats your planned chocolate treat! thanks for the welcome.

kittycat, I've so been where you are. Great job reaching out for help!

Carey, God luck with your tests. Too bad it's not a test on "how many calories is in that!"

SusanB, Great job! It feels so good when the frig is full of good for me things. I did that on Monday too. It really does make life easier.

I did a 5 mile hike with the Boy Scouts. It was the most rewarding exercise I had done in a long time. I'm the Cub Master for Cub Scouts, the little guys, the boys I took today are older and in the Troop now, but were in my pack years back. It was a lot of fun reconnecting with them. It's always great to her, "Kristi you rock." The other leaders had cancelled the hike twice before, but they may think I rock just because I bought them ice cream when we were done??? Whichever, it was fun

Last edited by lovnmom; 11-05-2008 at 05:55 PM.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

stopping in... feeling kind of crappy. tomorrow I am going to stop by the mall and maybe by some new clothes that fit. Depressing. But having nothing that looks nice anymore is NOT encouraging me, it just upsets me.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

stopping in... feeling kind of crappy. tomorrow I am going to stop by the mall and maybe by some new clothes that fit. Depressing. But having nothing that looks nice anymore is NOT encouraging me, it just upsets me.
Iris, I went shopping this past weekend, and even though I didn't buy anything, it made me feel great just to see how good I could look at this point. If only I had the money to buy everything I want at every weight . Go get what you need, it really does help.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #40  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

OK, second time to post tonight, lost first..

popping in to say good night.

Susan B- even tho weather here was rainy I had a beautiful day getting some control back.

luvnmom- getting kudos from a bunch of boys takes some very strong momming, cub or otherwise

Allison and Carey- ever since reading about the goals of teaching I have been thinking what a wise career choice it is.

Robsia- long time no see, glad to run into you again!

Iris- I am no stranger to feeling total yuck. Justing staying with 3fc is a very good thing.

hey feathers!! sweet dreams, catch you in the daytime
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

thanks chicks =) you are all great here, and I'm definitely going to stick w/ 3FC and hopefully soon have lots of positive things to report!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Darn that daylight savings

OK I really need a .

This is kind of a long explanation but I'll only do it once.

I've been really tired all week due to daylight savings time. I normally wake up around 5 a.m. (a type of insomnia called "early morning waking" for which I've tried a gazillion things) so now I'm waking up at 4 a.m

After walking all day, doing the chores, feeding the cats, making dinner, and then attending to stuff in my office I'm ready to crash at 9 p.m. DH (who has the opposite type of insomnia and can't fall asleep at night) is ready to party at that time. Since his study schedule is so heavy it's the only time of day we see each other.

He wants to sit and watch TV at that time. I keep nodding off so I'm using that as an excuse to eat. If I'm eating I can stay awake.

This is just plain wrong. We can't really go out for a walk or work out together 'cause I'm physically so beat. DH doesn't want to do anything like play board/computer games. He also doesn't want to talk about his studies because it makes him feel anxious. And he doesn't want to listen to my day because it's all about dogs.

What the heck are we gonna do? I know I have to stop eating in front of the TV (it's an old, old pattern) or I'll regain all the weight I've worked so hard to take off.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:33 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Since I've been off, I've fallen into a pattern of falling asleep around 9-10 and waking shortly before 6. I'm just goin' with it. I've worked shift for over 30 years and know that it takes it's toll. If only for a few short weeks, I'm going to let my body decide what rest I need.

I have two tips for perking yourself up. I had to take a little shopping trip yesterday so I stopped at WalMart and spent some time in the make-up aisle. I only bought lipstick and creme blush (an experiment) but I imagined lots of wonderful things.
I also spent some time on utube watch some fella do hair. I have long hair and always wear a ponytail. So I tried some of his suggestions. It was fun and I definitely will wear two of his ideas. Oh he also gave autumn make-up tips.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Iris, Big ((((( hugs ))))) to you. You haven't thrown in the towel, that's a positive right there!

Julie, I've been known to pick up a couple things at Goodwill to get me through those 8-10 pound losses. That was one non scale victory I had recently. I had found a really cute pair of Union Bay cargo pants at Goodwill last year for only $5, but they were too small. This season I'm wearing them!

Dagmar, Well, if it's a "we thing" you're looking for there's usually one thing a guy is always willing to do But seriously, you may just have to do some things just for you and let him veg on the couch if that's what he needs. I like to climb in bed at 9 and read a little. That normally leads to a good night's sleep. Good luck!

Kittycat40, Good morning!

SusanB, My little trip to W-M on Monday included the moisturizng section. I found some that has a tiny amount of self tanner added. You're suppose to notice a healthy glow after using it for about a week. I am noticing a slight change this morning. I don't look as "fall" pale as I did, but not orangey or anything either. So far I've only been using it on my face, but I'm thinking maybe on my legs too. If I do where a skirt or something maybe I can go w/o hose.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, your body clock hasn't caught up with the time change Give yourself a week or two and u should be more in sync with your husband. I am an early riser , too, I used to fight it but figured out that was my normal body clock at work and decded to "relax and enjoy it".

Last edited by bargoo; 11-06-2008 at 09:58 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote