Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Default weekly chat?

Hey feathers! I'm settled into my new house, 2400 miles across the country from my old one. Wondering what happened to the weekly chat thread?

I hope you all are doing well. I haven't weighed since I left Pennsylvania but I was 130 then. Eating was half-decent until a little binge yesterday, but I'm trying to get back on track. Once everything is officially in swing (work, classes) on Monday I think I'll have less time to sit around and eat.

I have been having bicycle adventures... I never really learned how to ride but I refuse to drive my car around here so I bought one and have been making an idiot of myself around town, slowly but surely getting the hang of it I hope!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Iris~I think it got lost in all of the 2 pound, 3 pound and 5 pound challenges going on. That and our beloved Dagmar moved onto the maintainers section (I hang out there, too, so I keep tabs on her!!!).

Good luck getting back on track and have fun on the bike!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Hi Iris,
How did the move go? Yes, it's been very quiet around here. I have seen a couple of our usuals move over to the 20 somethings.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #4  

I appologize for the quietness around here lately, partly my fault, it's been a busy crazy summer... I haven't been posting a lot myself either just lurking for the most part. In september I'll make sure that the weekly chat thread is started over again...

Hope to see you there, one and all, welcome back Iris
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #5  

actually i recently started posting on 20-somethings as well...

the move went well, i'm just trying to meet people here so it's a little lonely at the moment. i really don't know ANYONE.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #6  

Since you are twenty something, that's an excellent place to be... You're welcome to go anywhere on the boards you feel most comfortable...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #7  

since moving to a "college town" i bought a bike... i prefer not to drive too much and quite honestly it's too dang hot to walk everywhere like I did at home. So i'm a bit shaky... I've never ridden a bike before. Today we had a graduate workshop and my department met at a different building for lunch. One of the ladies who has been here for awhile was nice enough to bike over with me and show me where this building was, but it was the most humiliating experience for me. I've been doing half decently with the riding, but somehow got nervous or something riding with someone else. Not only did I have to stop and get off several times, I RAN INTO A LIGHT POST. Seriously, smack into the thing. I felt completely defeated and deflated and honestly wanted to cry. Best, I am still mastering the bike lock thing so I had to get help with that, too. This lady was super-nice, but I was embarrassed beyond imagination. I'm sure her 5-year old can ride a bike better than I can!

Anyway, I just needed to let that out.... tomorrow the girl I am living with is going to show me the gym she goes to - that means another biking excursion. I don't know if I can take it!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #8  

Way to go Iris! How brave of you to start bike riding!

The other day I was thinking about all the weird and hard things I went through as a child that would scare the bejeezes out of me now. Like teeth falling out and getting up and trying again after falling off my bike fifty times.

Once you get used to bike riding you're going to love it. So much quicker than walking. I'd do a quick little practice around the block before the gym trip tomorrow just to boost your confidence back up a bit. You can do it!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #9  

Thanks, silverstar. I've definitely been thinking how much easier this would have been to learn as a child!
Old 08-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 161/159/130

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Owchies I've always been afraid to ride a bike on campus because of how badley some of the other students drive around my campus! But props to at least getting right back on! I just went bike riding with my Boyfriend the other day and was not huffing and puffing as much as usual! Weight loss has come to a screeching halt for me and so frustrating especially b/c I just started like 2 weeks ago!! I have been very good and exercising ( I think i'll pick up the exercise a bit) and still no weight loss I'm trying not to get too discouraged. I stopped having starchy carbs at dinner and I'm watching the fat intake and still can't stop weighing myself everyday :P
Good luck with the gym Iris!
Jworion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #11  

Hi J,
I'm sorry to hear you're at halt. I kind of am, too. I do keep weighing in just to make sure I'm not on the up and up, but I've decided to take a bit of a break with my wedding coming up on Friday (I know, most people are kicking it into high gear right now, but I've had some drama with the family to deal with, and I'm in ok place as far as where I am right now.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #12  

Hi again,
I thought I'd give you a quick update on my day. I'm feeling really badly about dinner tonight. I went out with my fiance to an Italian place we both love. He asked me what I was thinking of having and I said "spinach manicotti". He replied that he just knew I was going to get manicotti, and for whatever reason that really upset me. Like saying he knew I was going to give myself a treat that I really hadn't earned (I know, reading way too much into it). So I ordered a salad instead. Probably what I should have had in the first place, but I do feel badly that I snapped at him.