Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #1  
Amber

S/C/G: 137/ticker/110

Height: 5'6''

Default Open question: Time of month weight

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but I'd like to ask: do you (featherweights) experience much ToM weight gain? And if so, is it just due to eating more/exercising less, or is it something else?

I feel like I should know the answer to this by now! But this is the first time in my weight tracking that things are just a little bit too high, and I'm wondering if my period could be a factor.

Thanks in advance!
nimbus3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I retain a lot of water during my TOM and I always go up a few pounds. I've pretty much vowed not to weigh myself while on my TOM or until a couple days until its gone, so I won't see a "fake" number =]
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I gain weight the week before tom, and lose it all by three days in. It can go up as much as 8 lbs, and it's REALLY frustrating!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #4  
Amber

S/C/G: 137/ticker/110

Height: 5'6''

Okay, so it is water then? I think it is the same for me, since I had a few unaccounted for pounds, too. 8lbs of water would be frustrating! Unless you live in a desert, where it might be useful.
nimbus3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #5  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Well, for me, I know a lot of it is water, but the hormones also screw up my digestive system, and I always get a bit constipated when it's time for my period. I assume that's why it's SO much weight. I feel like the Michelin man though, and it feels soooo miserable. Then as soon as the cramps subside and the bloating goes away - I feel sooo skinny.

But if you're just gaining a few lbs, then it's absolutely most likely just water retention because of TOM, and it should go right down when you're over that hump of your cycle Stay on plan, keep exercising and that extra weight will leave just as suddenly as it came
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I notice a two or three pound gain for no reason. I still eat well and work out the same amount- unless I'm rolling around on the floor with darn cramp......grrr!

But, yes, I blame water retention.
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote