Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:34 PM   #16  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evince View Post
I weighed in today.. same weight as last week. I had been alternating between 1200 to 1300 calories a day, and roughly keeping the amount of exercise the same...

How've you been doing bananapancakes?
I suggest upping your calories by more than 100, maybe try 300. Since your not seeing any changes, it's not going to harm you to try something different and I think you should mix up your exercise, maybe go running or swimming. All you can do it try.

I'm doing good thanks, weight loss is very slow these days, I'm assuming because I'm so close to goal. I'm down to 137, better than nothing I say. I am noticing huge changes in my legs from lunges, squats etc that I just started not so long ago, my legs are getting really solid, my butt is becoming more shapely which is always good!

Do you mind if I ask what you weigh and what height you are please?
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #17  

Okay I'll take your advice. Thanks! I tried doing this belly dancing video yesterday, and wow, it's tougher than I thought! I was out of breath after a mere 10 minutes!

It's great that you're doing well and seeing results. Let me know how you're doing

Right now I'm 5'3 and 115, I want to get down to about 110 and then I'm fine. My frame is very small.
evince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #18  
Peace. Love. Balance

Quote:
Okay I'll take your advice. Thanks! I tried doing this belly dancing video yesterday, and wow, it's tougher than I thought! I was out of breath after a mere 10 minutes!

It's great that you're doing well and seeing results. Let me know how you're doing

Right now I'm 5'3 and 115, I want to get down to about 110 and then I'm fine. My frame is very small.
Okay well the upping calories by a couple of hundred is working for me, I dropped 2.5 lbs overnight, seriously I have no clue how it happened but, it did.

Well the last 5 lbs is going to be tough for you because you are already so light, ya know? I think I may want to get down to about 115-120 after this next ten because I just don't see myself being happy with my body at 125, it needs a lot more work

Well, try upping your calories, if it works fine, if not there was no harm in trying.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #19  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I just want to jump here and say I think you might not be eating enough. if you are exercising that much, you can't be eating the lowest possible amount of calories allowed for anyone. I would up your calorie intake by a few hundred a day on a regular basis. 1000 calories is not enough for an active person.

Also change breaks through a plateau. As others said, this includes increasing intensity, lifting heavier weights, changing your activities or the times you work out. Also, change what you are eating, do you eat the same thing for breakfast every morning? try something else, do you normally eat your lightest meal at lunch? try switching a typical lunch and dinner. This helps to keep your body guessing, otherwise it just gets completely used to whatever you do.

I definitely want to stress eating the calories your body needs. It could think it's starving and be holding onto those last few pounds.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

This is the story of my life!

Evince and bananapancakes- I am on an annoying plateau and just cant loose the last 10ish. The scale wont budge. I think I need to up my cals too. What do you think is a good range for me?
I am 5'7 and do moderate exercise 3-4 times a week.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #21  
Peace. Love. Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am still trying View Post
This is the story of my life!

Evince and bananapancakes- I am on an annoying plateau and just cant loose the last 10ish. The scale wont budge. I think I need to up my cals too. What do you think is a good range for me?
I am 5'7 and do moderate exercise 3-4 times a week.

Although I'm not noticing much of a drop on digits on the scale these days I am noticing changes in the measuring tape, I have dropped about a one pound decrease however, the measuring tape tells me I have lost an inch or so off of each thigh and other changes elsewhere. I recommend you guys measure yourself all over, waist, thighs, arms, hips and continue to workout and do what your doing and measure yourself in a couple of weeks and see if there is any changes on the measuring tape.

I'm consuming around 1400 calories daily. I'm no fitness/nutrition expert but, I'd say if you both eat around the same you should be good.

What does your exercise and eating routine consist of?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 AM   #22  

Sorry it's been a while since I replied. I managed to lose 1.6 kg by upping my activity (in terms of walking up the stairs more, walking instead of riding a car etc.) and now I'm back at a plateau. I'm currently consuming 1200 calories a day, and my workouts have been less frequent - 2/3 times a week for 1 hour. But am practically on my feet for the entire day.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #23  
Peace. Love. Balance

Evince- sorry for the very slow reply but, I've been m.i.a for a while. Still losing weight, not much, more inches really but, thats still pleasing! My workouts are going great, I feel alive, stronger, younger, healthier and happier. So no complaints- I'll get to 125 lbs eventually.

Glad to hear you lost a little more, thats great! Stick with it. Are you taking measurments with a tape? I recommend you do!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #24  

Congrats with your progress bananapancakes! Not far to go til 125
I've never really ever taken measurements with a tape, mainly because I hardly ever weight train. I do some of the weight machines in the gym but not much... So I figure that there wouldn't be much of a difference. Am I wrong?
By the way, how does your weight behave when it's your TOM? I've just had mine, and it's finished but the weight gain hasn't subsided (from water retention) and I'm quite worried. I haven't changed my eating habits or exercise.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Losing weight will cause your measurements to change. Get that tape measure out and try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:23 AM   #26  
Peace. Love. Balance

Quote:
Congrats with your progress bananapancakes! Not far to go til 125
I've never really ever taken measurements with a tape, mainly because I hardly ever weight train. I do some of the weight machines in the gym but not much... So I figure that there wouldn't be much of a difference. Am I wrong?
By the way, how does your weight behave when it's your TOM? I've just had mine, and it's finished but the weight gain hasn't subsided (from water retention) and I'm quite worried. I haven't changed my eating habits or exercise.
Evince: sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been m.i.a for a while. Regardless of you doing strength training or not, start measuring your body, if your eating right and working out resulting in shrinkage, you will for sure see changes on the tape! I think I mentioned before about how I can go a week or two without seeing a change in the scale number but, I will see big changes on the tape?

I either gain a few pounds during my period or don't see a drop, it's just due to excess water weight, don't worry.

Do you mind if I ask what weight you are now? I have like five pounds to go and it's a glorious feeling! I stopped counting calories but I've still been eating healthy and working out, I know from counting calories for so long roughly how many are in what.

Hope your doing well!

Last edited by bananapancakes; 11-19-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #27  

bananapancakes: thanks for your reply. I'm glad that things are going well for you! Ugh I just hate it when it's that time of the month... I just finished last week, and I thought it wouldn't affect my weight, but I weighed this morning and BAM it's up by 2 whopping kg!!! I am panicking! Nothing's changed in terms of my intake or exercise regime, so I don't know how on earth this is possible. Please please help!
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Default I've been there

OP: I can relate, I was stuck at the same weight for what seemed like forever. I was exercising regularly and eating about 1000-12000. As other people have suggested, I increased my calories to about 1400-1700 depending on how active I was that day and added a body sculpt class twice a week as I sometimes lack the motivation to weight train on my own. I have since lost 3 lbs. I was a little reluctant as well thinking I would gain but when you are as active as you are your body needs ample fuel or else it just holds on to everything you put in. Good Luck
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote