Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down bloating/water retention

I think I read somewhere that diet soda contains a lot of sodium? I drink one brand with caffeine so that acts as a diuretic, helping "drain" the water I'm retaining with the sodium.

Healthy stuff eh? Artificial colouring, carbolic acid and aspartame too !

Can you all tell this is the one bad habit I'd really like to break? I keep taking stabs at it but I can't seem to get the home-made iced tea thing together.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

HI

this summer I am making it with Lipton home brew tea bags - just fill container with water and tea bags and place in the refrigerator - I used to make the sun tea but this tastes really good

linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Trailgroomer!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

trailgroomer, congrats on the shrinking arms!! also thanks for posting that bloat info... i was thinking maybe upping my water intake. a lot of those things i have been doing but that and increasing fiber I haven't tried yet. I do drink A LOT of water, but I also work outside all day and usually work out afterwards so i sweat a lot too.

dagmar, i love unsweetened iced tea... i make it in all kinds of flavors with regular tea bags. I steep it like regular tea (with more tea bags than you would expect for the amount of water).

i hope everyone has a great weekend... i'm going to go water and fiber crazy today and see if i don't feel gross and bloated in my bathing suit tomorrow!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 138/127/120

Height: 5'4

Congrats to everyone who is doing so well! Keep at it!

I've reached another small goal of mine today...120 lbs. But my official weigh-in day isn't until tomorrow, so hopefully today isn't just a fluke!
Zima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

iriswhispers - congrats on making a goal - I hope to say the same by August

I use Benefiber - 1/2 tsp in my water bottle - it doesn't change the flavor of the water or any drink but adds fiber

can't believe next week is the 21st - this month is going by fast

linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Leigh, Kimberly, Spoz - where are you guys? We miss you!!!

Last edited by Silverstar33; 07-19-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #38  
Changing for the better

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long absence....I've been out of town last weekend and the past couple of days.

I'm doing so-so lately; to be honest I am feeling somewhat bitter/frustrated because despite being motivated and willing to exercise every day, my legs have been killing me when I try to run! So the C25k is not going too well (I am supposed to be on week 4 ). There could be many reasons why my lower legs hurt (calves and shins ) so it's hard to tell why. I am hoping it's my shoes, since I was planning to get new ones next month...my dad says a running store nearby does evaluations for free (they videotape you running and analyze if you are using proper form) so I might try that in case I am "doing it wrong."

Other than that I am hanging around 112lbs right now, might be hitting a plateau though...I wanted to start swimming since that is a great workout as well and easy on the joints, but I'm still self-conscious in a swimsuit so I wish I could be a couple more lbs down (preferably from my thighs ) before I try on my tankini! As for now I am using the elliptical, rowing machine, treadmill for walking, and stationary bike at the YMCA. I have been doing a lot of crunches/push-ups too and am feelin' the burn!

Tomorrow it will be officially 2 weeks until my 20th birthday, and my goal right now is to be the fittest I have ever been as I enter adulthood Haha. I plan to leave my lazy self in the teenage years, since there is no use for her now or ever!!

Tomorrow I am going shopping for a new laptop and some new workout clothes, since I need sports bras VERY badly...maybe I will find some cute stuff that will make me want to exercise in it!

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 07-21-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #39  
Changing for the better

Hello again

Just wanted to share some good stuff....

I bought 2 new sports bras at Target yesterday, yay!

I remembered that when I was on the train to NYC on Thursday, it was SO COLD....like I was literally freezing my butt off. So I was sitting in my seat, knees pulled up to my chest, hands clasped around the front of my legs, when I realized......I COULD BREATHE! Now that there's not so much chub in the way, it is much easier.

Another day at work with a "celebration"....aka lots of cake and cookies on the table. I can NOT afford to eat it, though, since my workouts have been slightly sporadic the past week.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote