Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Nsv

I received two major, potentially huge financial blows yesterday without any warning. Enough to make me cry - which I hardly ever, ever do.

In the past I would have run for the cookies and ice cream binge. Last night was also complicated by the fact that DH had his buddy over to jam so there was also beer in the house and two loud 40+ "teenagers" making a racket downstairs.

I just sat in my office, cat on my lap, headphones on, and kleenex by my side. I didn't even want dinner. That's such a huge change for me. Even though I still feel sad and sick with anxiety this morning I'm proud of the fact that I didn't binge last night.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  
Changing for the better

Way to go!! I always feel like digging through the fridge when I am frustrated or angry, and it's difficult to overcome that emotional eating...but it sounds like you are well on your way to defeating that bad habit!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I'm so sorry to hear about the unexpected bad news, but way to go on staying on track. Sometimes when something we have no control over happens to us we turn to something we can control (like eating). I'm sure you'll be stronger for getting through this.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default a triumph

You are triumphant on how you handled last night- I hope today things look better financially and you can work it out.

funny, lol I have one of those 40+ teenagers at my house too

Linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar hang in there just the way you're doing, without food. Crying is good for you
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #6  

If I had a dollar for everytime I cried over some financial devastation, I wouldn't have money problems. I have also binged because I was like "My life sucks, what difference does it make?"
I'm proud of you for not heading for the cabinet. Hopefully today you see that money isn't everything, even though it feels like it is. You are in a position a lot better than many people, so try to look on the bright side. Believe me, I know it is hard. I've been there, and I am there now. Things will look up, I promise!
chiquitaberlinda is offline   Reply With Quote