Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #31  
Bye Bye Big Butt

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5'4

I just really overate at supper.....bad bad bad girl!!!!!!

I have had a hard day today, I didn't really feel like being good, but ofcourse now I regret it terribly. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. SEe you guys in the morning!
MercerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: (Preg 205)/163/150/140

Height: 5' 6"

Mercermom:

Since when are you a "bad bad bad girl"?

I always told my kids they weren't bad...they just had bad behavior! That's fixable...tomorrow's another day....
get fit in ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:12 AM   #33  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Mercer just remember that eating badly is something you've learn to do and therefore a habit! Habits are hard to break but everday that you don't over eat is a day towards breaking that habit! Just stick in there, you'll get it

I'm doing alright. Yesterday I somehow managed to eat 2100 calories.. but I'm reminding myself that even if I did eat an accidental 500 calories this is what a 'normal' person is recommended...plus there wasn't anything unhealthy in those extra cals. Thankfully today I've managed to keep my calories under control this morning too

Tonight I'm going to the cinema, and thats something in the past which has been very difficult for me..and I quite often end up making myself feel sick form all of the sweets - so I plan to eat my evening meal *just* before I go in the hopes I'll be less tempted.

Last edited by Spoz; 07-02-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies,
Spoz, I agree with you completely, 2100 calories may be over the plan number, but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't a bad day. When I go over plan, but don't go completely overboard, I try and tell myself it's just a little zig-zagging of calories to keep the old metabolism guessing. Not that I buy that argument 100%, but it helps me to not beat myself up which means getting back on plan the next day is a little easier.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #35  
Walking away the weight

Good morning all!
Did I actually not post yesterday? Strange! I was very busy, but thought I had posted.

Mercermom: on the loss!!!

Iris: on your loss too!!! Awesome. You'll have to post a pic of you in your skinny pants.

Dagmar: ohhhh you are getting in tip top shape Good for you.

Silverstar - oh how I love Venice! It all sounds wonderful.

Susan - do you like hummus? That is very healthy and good as a sandwich (especially with sliced tomato).

Meggoat I second Kimberly's advice on patience. I bet you'll see results ASAP.

Kimberly - I cannot wait for you to be running 5ks all over town

Hello, Sue.

spoz- it sounds like you have a good plan in place for the movies.

Happy (belated) Canada Day!

We head out of town tomorrow . . . I am not sure I will be able to post while I am gone, so I may not touch base with all of you until Tuesday! That will feel very strange!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 158.4/158.4/143

Height: 5'7

anyone have any good ideas for a good kickstart? >:
polypeptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Poly - I don't know myself....but if you hear of any please pass them along!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

Talked to someone today who lost 50 pounds and has kept it off a year. She went to food addicts in recovery anonymous and is on very repetitive meal plan so she never thinks about what she can eat - it's all set every day. She just ran her first 5K and looked very fit. I was impressed with her discipline although I think I would miss the variety.
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

get fit in ky - i like the idea of not being a bad person, just having bad behaviour. behaviour you can work on changing.

mercermom, we all have those days - just get right back on track tomorrow and you'll be fine. stay positive! =)

spoz and silverstar, i agree with putting things in perspective calorie-wise. granted i have a binging problem and there are REALLY bad days where i'm far beyond a normal person's caloric intake, but it's very important to differentiate days like that from days when i'm around 2000 cals. with that amount, we won't be losing weight but shouldn't be gaining either.

leigh, have a great time on your vacation! =) and you bet as soon as i am in those skinny jeans there will be some photos!

polypeptide and sznn, i don't know about a kickstart. i can see the helpfulness in the plan meggoat's friend used but personally i couldn't do it. i love trying new foods and recipes. i started using the daily plate recently and i really think it is helping me.

i just calculated my daily calories for losing 1.5 lbs a week instead of two - i've been going a little bit over almost every day and yesterday when i didn't i was ravenous. i'll take it a little slower if my body can stay happier!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #40  

Leigh, I hope you enjoy your vacation even if we aren't in touch, I'm sure you'll be doing the right things!

Poly, what part of Sweden are you from? I can't wait to get there to visit. I wish I could give you some advice to start things off, but unfortunately, it's been a slow process for me with about 1,000 small changes. The best advice I can give you is to incorporate more activity into your day. Even a little bit of walking or cleaning makes a difference the long run.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 AM   #41  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Leigh I hope you have an awesome time! See you on Tuesday!

Iris I actually put on lbs if I go over my intake by anything more than 150 cals so it makes me wander how when it's time I'm ever going to maintain. But at one point I'd stick with the 'back to plan route tomorrow' and it never worked - now I realize I can deduct the calories and therefore still lose weight - it's a huge weight off my shoulders now!

I think I'm paying for those 2000 cals though, I'm up to 155 on the scale despite doing intense workouts but nevermind I'm sticking to plan and I know in a few days I'll go back down. (It's just the waiting I cant stand )

Last edited by Spoz; 07-03-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #42  
Changing for the better

Almost the *long* weekend.....

I decided to weigh myself this morning when I woke up, since my weekly weigh-in on Sunday was the same as the week before (113.5). Today the scale said 112.5! I will have to keep that in mind this weekend, because I don't want to spoil my hard work with hot dogs and ice cream (Although I did have some WW mint chocolate chip ice cream last night while my dad went out for the "real" stuff....I didn't really mind though, since I was tired anyways).

I'm still struggling a bit to stick to a schedule, but the important thing is that I am still exercising every day, even if it's random. I am considering purchasing one of those fitness balls from Target or something, since the gym is at its busiest when I go after work and the mats are always filled with people! Since the gym will be closed tomorrow I will be doing W2D3 outside for the first time
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #43  

Hi Kimberly,
Way to go!!!

Yes, the important thing is that you're keeping up with the exercise. That's great!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #44  
Bye Bye Big Butt

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning All,

I am sorry to say I am back up and passed my starting weight

156 This morning. I did eat at my mother's last night. I didn't eat unhealthy but probably just too much.

I am determined to do better today. I reset my calories on DP on the advice of some of the ladies in chicks up for a challenge.

I hope that helps. I didn't post yesterday, I was down with hay fever.

I am off to do several errands with the kiddos, hopefully I can stay strong while they are eating their nuggets and fruit.
MercerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #45  

Hi MercerMom,
Keep your chin up. The beginning the hardest part, and you might not really be up, it might just be a blip on the radar (sodium, water ratention, etc.). It's almost impossible to gain after a single meal, so give it a little time, you might be pleasantly surprised tomorrow!